• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Message Forwarder - SMS, MMS, and Call Notification Forwarding

Search This thread

yasmanillanes

Feb 25, 2012
Thread for the Message Forwarder App. This is a good way to reach the developer with any questions, concerns, or feature requests you might have in mind.

What is Message Forwarder?

Message Forwarder allows to automatically forward incoming text (SMS) messages, multimedia (MMS) messages, and phone call notifications to any phone number or e-mail address of your choice. Just tell the app what kind of messages and calls to handle and where to send them to, and Message Forwarder will take care of everything from there.

- Specify phone numbers to filter the messages and phone calls by.
- Specify phone numbers or e-mail addresses to forward the messages and call notifications to.
- Set up thorough and flexible manipulation rules to automatically modify the content of the messages before being forwarded. Very useful for those coupling this app with automated systems that make use of keywords.
- Attach information of the original sender or caller on the forwarded message.
- View a history of the messages forwarded, along with all their attachments in the case of multimedia messages.
- Specify days of the week and times of the day in which messages and call notifications should not be forwarded. Very useful for those not interested in forwarding messages during off hours, like weekends or weeknights.
- And much, much more.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Last edited:

tiniwings

Mar 3, 2012
Screenshots

Attaching screenshots of current version (Version 1.2.6.XDA)
PS: I am a satisfied user of the app, Just giving my inputs to the forum.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    43 KB · Views: 1,106
  • 2.png
    2.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,098
  • 3.png
    3.png
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,075
  • 4.png
    4.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 986
  • 5.png
    5.png
    79 KB · Views: 957
  • 6.png
    6.png
    99 KB · Views: 925
  • 7.png
    7.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 889
  • 8.png
    8.png
    143.1 KB · Views: 868
  • 9.png
    9.png
    110 KB · Views: 835
  • 10.png
    10.png
    125.8 KB · Views: 803
  • 11.png
    11.png
    129.2 KB · Views: 779
  • 12.png
    12.png
    133.8 KB · Views: 759
  • 13.png
    13.png
    168.2 KB · Views: 789
Last edited:
Reactions: yasmanillanes

tiniwings

Mar 3, 2012
My Simple review: I am looking for an app that can forward selected SMS from (secondary)mobile to email and found this app.

The app is easy to setup with step by step screen, DEV had well thought the flow of the setup.
I don't find any unnecessary permissions that can misused.
Each time by watching the 10sec ad APP provides 170 quota to use the app. No need to pay upfront ($5 for onetime purchase)
Few options I like in the app:
Able to forward SMS/MMS/CALL LOG
We can forward from ALL/SELECTED contacts and have Single or Multiple Targets (email/phone)
Use of FILTERS/RULES & Scheduling.

Few requests/suggestions to DEV:
I feel the current permission request steps are confusing and user may miss few of them. It will be easy if app can request the required access step by step while setting up the app.
Provide section/option for required access if user missed granting while setting up the app.

Kudos to the app developer, appreciate the efforts. Thanks for sharing with members.

Reactions: yasmanillanes

yasmanillanes

Feb 25, 2012
My Simple review: I am looking for an app that can forward selected SMS from (secondary)mobile to email and found this app.

The app is easy to setup with step by step screen, DEV had well thought the flow of the setup.
Each time by watching the 10sec ad APP provides 170 quota to use the app. No need to pay upfront ($5 for onetime purchase)
We can forward from ALL/SELECTED contacts and have Single or Multiple Targets (email/phone)

I feel the current permission request steps are confusing and user may miss few of them. It will be easy if app can request the required access step by step while setting up the app.
Provide section/option for required access if user missed granting while setting up the app.

Kudos to the app developer, appreciate the efforts. Thanks for sharing with members.

Out of all the permissions the app asks for, a few can be moved to earlier in the configuration process (Read SMS, Receive SMS, Receive MMS, Send SMS, Read Contacts, Read Call Logs). Some others must stay in the end because they are required regardless of what options the user picks during the configuration process (Ignore Battery Optimization). I do agree the experience could be improved if we move the ones we can. I'll take a stab at it soon.

The user does get an explanation of why each permission is needed, but only if they chose NOT to grant it in the past; as in... "I see you didn't grant XYZ permission when I asked for it. I still need it and here is why". I think we should leave it that way for simplicity. If we move the permission requests to their respective steps in the configuration process, it should be obvious to the user why that permission is being requested. If they reject it, then the app can start giving explanations why they are needed.

The app also notifies the user about missing permissions through a system notification when it cannot do something because of the lack of such permission. It also gives the user a reminder whenever they visit the app and a needed permission is still not granted. If the user misses any permissions, they find out sooner rather than later.

For now, I can at least move forward with the permission request relocation mentioned above. I'll let you know how that goes.

DJwa163

Dec 26, 2008
Nowheredam
www.ipmart-forum.com
Excellent app.
But, a few caveats need to be filled quickly.

1. Provision for SIM selection of SMS forwarding (should be a part of each rule).
2. The developer has already implemented setting Sender ID quite nicely (inclusion/exclusion) on screen no. 4 of config.
- But, it lacks the ability to find partial matches. For example, I have been receiving messages from +4456874***, the last three digits can be dynamic. I want all these messages to be forwarded.
- Take another example. all SMS received from number containing ****8808** is to be forwarded.
- In short, please make provisions for matching Prefix, body, suffix of a sender ID.

3. SMS from custom sender IDs (sender ID that contains a text string, instead of numbers) was not forwarded.
- Example. I keep receiving "service messages" from UKING***, BRISRLY* etc.
- With the current version, its not possible to create a rule for forwarding these messages.
- Please implement partial matches (as described above) for custom sender IDs too.

It has been a wonderful effort already.
Big thanks to the developer.

Last edited:

yasmanillanes

Feb 25, 2012
Excellent app.
But, a few caveats need to be filled quickly.

1. Provision for SIM selection of SMS forwarding (should be a part of each rule).
2. The developer has already implemented setting Sender ID quite nicely (inclusion/exclusion) on screen no. 4 of config.
- But, it lacks the ability to find partial matches. For example, I have been receiving messages from +4456874***, the last three digits can be dynamic. I want all these messages to be forwarded.
- Take another example. all SMS received from number containing ****8808** is to be forwarded.
- In short, please make provisions for matching Prefix, body, suffix of a sender ID.

3. SMS from custom sender IDs (sender ID that contains a text string, instead of numbers) was not forwarded.
- With the current version, its not possible to create a rule for forwarding these messages.
- Please implement partial matches (as described above) for custom sender IDs too.

It has been a wonderful effort already.
Big thanks to the developer.

Hi,

1- I've been planning on implementing dual SIM support, but unfortunately do not have a dual SIM device to test this on, and the Android emulator does not support it either. Would you like to volunteer to become an alpha-tester of this feature with your device?
2- I'll consider adding some sort of pattern matching for this. I first have to think how to make it user-friendly (not require knowledge of RegEx or anything like that).
3- You should be able to type in any kind of alphanumeric string in the contacts screen, and the app be able to handle it just fine. Are you saying that's what you did, but when a message came in, the app did not process it?

DJwa163

Dec 26, 2008
Nowheredam
www.ipmart-forum.com
Hi,

1- I've been planning on implementing dual SIM support, but unfortunately do not have a dual SIM device to test this on, and the Android emulator does not support it either. Would you like to volunteer to become an alpha-tester of this feature with your device?
2- I'll consider adding some sort of pattern matching for this. I first have to think how to make it user-friendly (not require knowledge of RegEx or anything like that).
3- You should be able to type in any kind of alphanumeric string in the contacts screen, and the app be able to handle it just fine. Are you saying that's what you did, but when a message came in, the app did not process it?

1. For Sure.
2. Take your time
3. Exact match works. any bit of deviation ruins it.

Last edited:

hadiceberg

Aug 13, 2011
Xiaomi Mi Max
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Hello there and thank you.
1. Is it possible to enable delivery report for sent messages?
2. In Dynamic Content config, I want to search for a specific keyword and if found, forward the message. If i leave the "replace" text empty, it will erase the keyword from message. It's good to have a checkbox to disable text replacement.

yasmanillanes

Feb 25, 2012
2. In Dynamic Content config, I want to search for a specific keyword and if found, forward the message. If i leave the "replace" text empty, it will erase the keyword from message. It's good to have a checkbox to disable text replacement.

Hello there.
1. Delivery reports for SMS seem trivial. I'm not so sure about MMS though; I can't find any Android documentation for it. I'll have to look into it.
2. As far as the Dynamic Content, you can simply retype the keyword in the "replace" field. Essentially this translates to: find "my-keyword" and replace it with "my-keyword"; effectively leaving the message intact.

Regards.

Reactions: hadiceberg

yasmanillanes

Feb 25, 2012
Excellent app.

Hi, the latest version (1.3.0) was just released and includes these features.

SusieSunBrite

Jun 4, 2020
Older Version

I really like Message Forwarder and it has work perfectly for me. BUT my work phone is VERY old and the current version of Message Forwarder will not work. How can I get an older version that will work with Andriod 5.1?

Axis259

Jul 9, 2020
The app stops forwarding after 5 or 6 messages. Unfortunately this app is exactly what I have been looking for an I have not been able to find a replacement.

Axis259

Jul 9, 2020
Message Fowarder

I was forwarding to 2 email addresses and one texting/ phone app. When the messages did get forwarded they did show up on the message tab. If they were not forwarded they did not. I am using a Gmail proxy. I changed my configuration to only my Gmail account. Thank you for quick response I hope this is an easy issue to rectify.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, can someone help for Android 6.0.1?
    I have an old reliable device (samsung J5)
    thanks
    No need, just solved it!!
    Thread for the Message Forwarder App. This is a good way to reach the developer with any questions, concerns, or feature requests you might have in mind.

What is Message Forwarder?

Message Forwarder allows to automatically forward incoming text (SMS) messages, multimedia (MMS) messages, and phone call notifications to any phone number or e-mail address of your choice. Just tell the app what kind of messages and calls to handle and where to send them to, and Message Forwarder will take care of everything from there.

- Specify phone numbers to filter the messages and phone calls by.
    - Specify phone numbers or e-mail addresses to forward the messages and call notifications to.
    - Set up thorough and flexible manipulation rules to automatically modify the content of the messages before being forwarded. Very useful for those coupling this app with automated systems that make use of keywords.
    - Attach information of the original sender or caller on the forwarded message.
    - View a history of the messages forwarded, along with all their attachments in the case of multimedia messages.
    - Specify days of the week and times of the day in which messages and call notifications should not be forwarded. Very useful for those not interested in forwarding messages during off hours, like weekends or weeknights.
    - And much, much more.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback.
    Screenshots

Attaching screenshots of current version (Version 1.2.6.XDA)
    PS: I am a satisfied user of the app, Just giving my inputs to the forum.

Great start! I upgraded to Premium but it is not taking the upgrade. What should I do?

Verizon Moto Z3 stock unrooted.

Hi. Send me a private message with the details of the issue you're having.

Hello there.
    1. Delivery reports for SMS seem trivial. I'm not so sure about MMS though; I can't find any Android documentation for it. I'll have to look into it.
    2. As far as the Dynamic Content, you can simply retype the keyword in the "replace" field. Essentially this translates to: find "my-keyword" and replace it with "my-keyword"; effectively leaving the message intact.

Regards.