Message Forwarder - SMS, MMS, and Call Notification Forwarding

adbxda

Jan 22, 2021
Hi,

the app looks good but it only supports preconfigured smtp proxy from Google and Microsoft.
Are there any plans to support an own server ?

yasmanillanes

Feb 25, 2012
Hi,

the app looks good but it only supports preconfigured smtp proxy from Google and Microsoft.
Are there any plans to support an own server ?
Hi,

Actually, the app does not use SMTP at all for Gmail or Outlook; it uses each service's REST APIs and Oauth for authentication.

SMTP is an old protocol that comes with some security concerns; mainly, the fact that it requires passwords to be stored locally on the user's device. For this reason, there's no plan to support SMTP at the moment.

You can still somewhat make use of your own e-mail servers through mail forwarding from Gmail or Outlook though.

Regards.

Reactions: vareta

samja666

Jul 1, 2013
Chennai
hi @yasmanillanes
First of all, great app. Perfectly fits my needs

I am using a brand new outlook account created exclusively to forward messages using your app.

I have two issues with outlook.

1. My outlook is blocked. with the below reason
"We noticed some unusual activity in your Outlook.com account. To help protect you, we've temporarily blocked your account. "
2. I get the error message in outlook. "Remote Server returned '533 5.4.0 Your message seems to have triggered our junk email filters. Could you edit your message and try again?'

I understand it might not be directly connected to your app. But I wanted to let you know as using outlook with your app might have some limitations?.

yasmanillanes

Feb 25, 2012
hi @yasmanillanes
First of all, great app. Perfectly fits my needs

I am using a brand new outlook account created exclusively to forward messages using your app.

I have two issues with outlook.

1. My outlook is blocked. with the below reason
"We noticed some unusual activity in your Outlook.com account. To help protect you, we've temporarily blocked your account. "
2. I get the error message in outlook. "Remote Server returned '533 5.4.0 Your message seems to have triggered our junk email filters. Could you edit your message and try again?'

I understand it might not be directly connected to your app. But I wanted to let you know as using outlook with your app might have some limitations?.
Hi,

Different e-mail providers have different limits on how many e-mails can be sent in a given period of time without hitting a predetermined ceiling.

My understanding is that Outlook is quite stringent about this. If you're sending too many e-mails and Outlook is giving you a hard time, try switching to Gmail; I hear Gmail is far looser in that regard.

Reactions: samja666