Message Forwarder - SMS, MMS, and Call Notification Forwarding

Search This thread

yasmanillanes

Feb 25, 2012
@hadiceberg @Herbert Wells

I did a superficial test and it seems to work as expected. What exactly does your configuration look like? Because dynamic messages now support RegEx, the rules are run in sequential order and are more strict. Maybe your old configuration needs to be tweaked slightly.

hadiceberg

Aug 13, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro

I did a superficial test and it seems to work as expected. What exactly does your configuration look like? Because dynamic messages now support RegEx, the rules are run in sequential order and are more strict. Maybe your old configuration needs to be tweaked slightly.
1652213667965.png

Herbert Wells

Jul 1, 2007

Alright, the Dynamic Content Issue has been resolved in the latest update (still labeled 2.0.0).
Maybe you will change the numbering during modifications, 2.0.1, 2.0.2, so that we can report errors during testing?

P.S. Can't make a backup to the cloud or to the phone, for recovery, after rearranging the firmware or changing the phone? I have been using the paid version of the program on several phones for many years.

Reactions: DawG^

DawG^

Nov 8, 2014
Maybe you will change the numbering during modifications, 2.0.1, 2.0.2, so that we can report errors during testing?

P.S. Can't make a backup to the cloud or to the phone, for recovery, after rearranging the firmware or changing the phone? I have been using the paid version of the program on several phones for many years.
+1 for backup possibilities. Cloud or text file doesn't matter for me.

yasmanillanes

Feb 25, 2012
@Herbert Wells @DawG^

Backing up the configurations to a file is something I've been planning on implementing but haven't got the chance yet. Hopefully I'll be able to get around to it soon.

For now, the app still supports Android's built-in backup/restore functionality though.

hadiceberg

Aug 13, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro

Try using Swift Backup. If you haven't/don't want to root your device, it seems to work in combination with Shizuku. give it a try.

Odenkurtiak

May 22, 2022
Sounds like something pretty interesting. I think it's convenient to use such an application as Message Forwarder. I want some of the text messages I receive on the temp phone number Germany I use to be forwarded. I use a temp phone number to feel safer, and sometimes I don't pay much attention to these SMS, and I can forget about them. That's why some of the most important ones I would like to be redirected directly to my real phone number. This way, I will draw more attention to them, and respectively I will not forget some important appointments. Let me know if this application exists now. I would love to introduce it to my life.

Last edited:

andrzej.popek

May 31, 2022
Hello, I can't find a link to the app from which to install it properly. I have tried from many places on the net. I have a LENOVO TAB M10 with android 10. I am testing applications and looking for a tool that I can apply to my tasks.

Fidel_rus

Nov 29, 2017
Are all SMS messages having issues? What does your configuration look like?
My configuration is very simple. All received SMS from the "RNKB" contact should be sent to the subscriber's number +7*****. No processing of message content, no filters by time and other conditions. During the TEST phase, when the configuration is created, no messages are sent either.

yasmanillanes

Feb 25, 2012
My configuration is very simple. All received SMS from the "RNKB" contact should be sent to the subscriber's number +7*****. No processing of message content, no filters by time and other conditions. During the TEST phase, when the configuration is created, no messages are sent either.
During the "Test" phase, what is the reason the app gives for ignoring the message?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll look into the issues some users are having. In the meantime, if you're having issues, you can roll back to either version 1.5.0 or version 2.0.0.
    Hello, I can't find a link to the app from which to install it properly. I have tried from many places on the net. I have a LENOVO TAB M10 with android 10. I am testing applications and looking for a tool that I can apply to my tasks.
    The link is in the first post:
    1654013180069.png
    Hi dear,
    I just updated the app to ‏‪2.0.1.IND
    it seems it is unstable and have bugs
    it does not work and keep crashing ‬‏
    Hi dear,
    I just updated the app to ‏‪2.0.1.IND
    it seems it is unstable and have bugs
    it does not work and keep crashing ‬‏
    ++
    SMS is not sent along the route. Sometimes black screen when launching app
    Thread for the Message Forwarder App. This is a good way to reach the developer with any questions, concerns, or feature requests you might have in mind.

What is Message Forwarder?

Message Forwarder allows to automatically forward incoming text (SMS) messages, multimedia (MMS) messages, and phone call notifications to any phone number or e-mail address of your choice. Just tell the app what kind of messages and calls to handle and where to send them to, and Message Forwarder will take care of everything from there.

- Specify phone numbers to filter the messages and phone calls by.
    - Specify phone numbers or e-mail addresses to forward the messages and call notifications to.
    - Set up thorough and flexible manipulation rules to automatically modify the content of the messages before being forwarded. Very useful for those coupling this app with automated systems that make use of keywords.
    - Attach information of the original sender or caller on the forwarded message.
    - View a history of the messages forwarded, along with all their attachments in the case of multimedia messages.
    - Specify days of the week and times of the day in which messages and call notifications should not be forwarded. Very useful for those not interested in forwarding messages during off hours, like weekends or weeknights.
    - And much, much more.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback.
    I'll look into the issues some users are having. In the meantime, if you're having issues, you can roll back to either version 1.5.0 or version 2.0.0.
    @plapic @DawG^ @hadiceberg

The issue has been fixed. The latest version (still labeled 2.0.0) should now be compatible with Android 12.

For those who are curious:
    When working on the update, I had issues getting the Android 12 emulator to launch, so I rolled the dice and published the app without testing it. I assumed there wouldn't be much of a change between Android 11 and Android 12. That was obviously a mistake.

Turns out Google introduced a series of changes (not just the explicit `exported` property mentioned above) that broke compatibility with some libraries the app depends on; mainly, the Oauth2 library used for the "forwarding to e-mail" feature. Unfortunately that library is no longer maintained, but thankfully it was open source. I downloaded its source code, fixed the Android 12 compatibility issues and recompiled it. Still, I need to find a replacement for this library. For now, the patched version Message Forwarder is using should hold up a bit longer.
    Thanks @yasmanillanes the update was successful this time on Android 12.
    Screenshots

Attaching screenshots of current version (Version 1.2.6.XDA)
    PS: I am a satisfied user of the app, Just giving my inputs to the forum.
    My Simple review: I am looking for an app that can forward selected SMS from (secondary)mobile to email and found this app.

The app is easy to setup with step by step screen, DEV had well thought the flow of the setup.
    I don't find any unnecessary permissions that can misused.
    Each time by watching the 10sec ad APP provides 170 quota to use the app. No need to pay upfront ($5 for onetime purchase)
    Few options I like in the app:
    Able to forward SMS/MMS/CALL LOG
    We can forward from ALL/SELECTED contacts and have Single or Multiple Targets (email/phone)
    Use of FILTERS/RULES & Scheduling.

Few requests/suggestions to DEV:
    I feel the current permission request steps are confusing and user may miss few of them. It will be easy if app can request the required access step by step while setting up the app.
    Provide section/option for required access if user missed granting while setting up the app.

Kudos to the app developer, appreciate the efforts. Thanks for sharing with members.