Messed up upgrading to 10.0.1

Search This thread

E30Nova

Oct 31, 2010
San Bernardino
So I messed up while flashing 10.0.1 just now.

I mean, it worked, technically. But I'm on the AA rom, and flashed a patched boot image from 10.0 to get magisk and TWRP.

But now I can't turn on WiFi and I have no audio.

Volume is maxed out, slider switch is in the ring position, but I have no audio at all.

I'm guessing it's due to the incorrect boot image being used, but I couldn't find a patched 10.0.1 image to use.

I know, I goofed.

Any way to fix things without having to wipe and start over?

kgs1992

May 8, 2012
Bangalore
Reflash 10.0.1 with the system Updater in settings using local upgrade option. Use Oxygen Updater to re-download if you removed the file. Then through fastboot, boot up twrp (fastboot boot twrp.img) and flash magisk. Unofficial TWRP for Android Q is available in the development forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: E30Nova

kgs1992

May 8, 2012
Bangalore
Thank you!

Did exactly what you said and now I have WiFi and sounds again!:D

No problem. This was due to boot.img mismatch with system. I'd recommend staying away from downloading and flashing patched images.
There's a thread here that explains how to update without losing root, always follow those steps.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/successfully-upgraded-to-9-5-7-t3937414
To summarise:
- Download the zip through Oxygen Updater.
- Settings > System > System Update > Cog icon > Local upgrade.
- Select zip. Don't reboot after flashing.
- Open magisk & click install.
- Select after OTA option and then reboot.

If you want to keep TWRP, I would suggest re-downloading the installer and flashing it from magisk instead of using the retention script. After reinstalling magisk (after OTA) and rebooting, you should flash the twrp installer through magisk and then reinstall magisk with the direct install option.

Last edited:

E30Nova

Oct 31, 2010
San Bernardino
Yeah, I knew it was going to screw stuff up, but I did it anyway.

It's not the first time I knew I shouldn't do something but did it anyway, lol.

At least it was a simple fix, and I didn't lose any data. Maybe my stupidity will hopefully be a lesson to others. If it seems like a bad idea or common sense says not to do it, don't do it, lol.

Thanks again.

disbeyad999989

Jul 18, 2010
So I messed up while flashing 10.0.1 just now.

I mean, it worked, technically. But I'm on the AA rom, and flashed a patched boot image from 10.0 to get magisk and TWRP.

But now I can't turn on WiFi and I have no audio.

Volume is maxed out, slider switch is in the ring position, but I have no audio at all.

I'm guessing it's due to the incorrect boot image being used, but I couldn't find a patched 10.0.1 image to use.

I know, I goofed.

Any way to fix things without having to wipe and start over?
I just tried to post the rooted boot img for 10.1 for your but it says the file is too large, if you send me your email address i can send it to you.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

I just tried to post the rooted boot img for 10.1 for your but it says the file is too large, if you send me your email address i can send it to you.

Just remember that you should only flash this if you are trying to root without twrp otherwise follow the instructions in the thread the other guy a few posts up showed you.

kgs1992

May 8, 2012
Bangalore
Just remember that you should only flash this if you are trying to root without twrp otherwise follow the instructions in the thread the other guy a few posts up showed you.

You can always simply boot twrp.img without flashing. (Just make sure you use the right image matching the currently installed android version) I would consider it much safer to flash magisk with twrp and let it patch the boot image rather than downloading a boot image that someone else patched since it might not match with your system.

EDIT: This user has solved his problem though. Only commenting for posterity.

Last edited:

disbeyad999989

Jul 18, 2010
You can always simply boot twrp.img without flashing. I would consider it much safer to flash magisk with twrp and let it patch the boot image rather than downloading a boot image that someone else patched since it might not match with your system.
That's very true i didn't think about that also, go that route better

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reflash 10.0.1 with the system Updater in settings using local upgrade option. Use Oxygen Updater to re-download if you removed the file. Then through fastboot, boot up twrp (fastboot boot twrp.img) and flash magisk. Unofficial TWRP for Android Q is available in the development forum.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone