• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Messenger on Poco F3

Search This thread

theoalex50

May 25, 2021
So to get rid of the whole square bubbles problem I have installed a previous messenger apk that has bubbles.

But even though I have automatic updates on play store turned off, after a couple of hours I check and the messenger in already updated through play store to the latest version. Anyone knows what could be wrong?

Is there any other option I have to turn off so that the app doesnt auto update? Thanks in advance.

laid1995

Aug 27, 2016
Apps & Games
Xiaomi Poco F3
Yes of course, thats what I wrote up front. Thats why its so strange. Is there any other option to turn off that is causing messenger to auto update
nothing I can think of now but have you tried getting system updates or moving to Xiaomi EU custom rom? cuz fixing that problem by just sticking to an old app ver isn't really the ultimate solution

Well, you could still uninstall updates "I have never had a MIUI, so not sure about" that

theoalex50

May 25, 2021
nothing I can think of now but have you tried getting system updates or moving to Xiaomi EU custom rom? cuz fixing that problem by just sticking to an old app ver isn't really the ultimate solution

Well, you could still uninstall updates "I have never had a MIUI, so not sure about" that
Flashing a custom rom to solve that is an option I have no time to bother to do so. It could create more trouble for me than just an app auto updating without me wanting to.

OrionFOTL

May 5, 2013
Android 12 introduced a native API for chat bubbles, and now all apps can make use of this API - SMS apps, internet messaging apps, and Messenger chose to switch from their own bubbles implementation to Android 12's native one as well.

A user on reddit made a modified Messenger apk, which makes Messenger believe it is installed on an earlier Android version, without native chat bubbles. This makes Messenger use its own bubbles implementation. This obviously cannot be updated through the Play Store, so it won't suddenly revert to the official APK.
https://www.reddit.com/r/android_beta/comments/ms7kj5

theoalex50

May 25, 2021
Android 12 introduced a native API for chat bubbles, and now all apps can make use of this API - SMS apps, internet messaging apps, and Messenger chose to switch from their own bubbles implementation to Android 12's native one as well.

A user on reddit made a modified Messenger apk, which makes Messenger believe it is installed on an earlier Android version, without native chat bubbles. This makes Messenger use its own bubbles implementation. This obviously cannot be updated through the Play Store, so it won't suddenly revert to the official APK.
https://www.reddit.com/r/android_beta/comments/ms7kj5
Has anyone scanned this on virustotal?