(Method) For everyone who wants to Downgrade Galaxy S8 to Oreo/Nougat

Search This thread

halloo13

Mar 12, 2015
Hey guys!

I recently read many Questions About downgrading the Galaxy S8 to 7.0/8.0 after we got the 5x Bootloader.

Well many of you say NO but What many of you forgot is that there is a way to Downgrade your phone.
I already had that Problem with my S6 back in 2016, where I wanted to Downgrade it to 5.1. All you Need for a Downgrade is a Combination File.

Combination files are basically used for testing purposes in the Samsung devices. These files are there to make sure that the functionality of your device is error-free, before making its final release. These files are created by Samsung company and are found in only their devices.

Combination ROM Advantages:

Its help you to repair imie number in some models like S8/S8 plus S7/S7 Edge S6/S6 Edge…
Its very useful in bypass samsung account in too many models.
Its very useful in bypass Google account in too many models.
Its very useful for downgrade in some models.
Its help you to enable usb debugging.
its help to remove any security FRP / Reactivation Lock from Samsung like 2016-2019

You can find Combination Files for Galaxy S8 devices here:

G950U with latest Bootloader: http://www.mediafire.com/file/j8xi2n73zhh37q1/COMBINATION_FA70_G950USQU5ARG4.zip
G950F (currently only for 4x Bootloader): http://www.mediafire.com/file/c37zq...QB19841686_REV00_user_mid_noship.tar.rar/file

Here is a Video of Downgrading a Galaxy S6 Edge with Combination File : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOKJcHU1pXM Should work with S8 too

Last edited:
Reactions: Be6i4

rilley

Jul 25, 2011
Mures
Hello, nice tutorial!

Want to ask:

"Combination files are basically used for testing purposes in the Samsung devices. These files are there to make sure that the functionality of your device is error-free, before making its final release. These files are created by Samsung company and are found in only their devices. "

So only Samsung releases these files to public? or are leaked?

I`m asking to check if I should wait or not, I had V4 bootloader but recently by accident with the latest update I got V5 :(

halloo13

Mar 12, 2015
Hello, nice tutorial!

Want to ask:

"Combination files are basically used for testing purposes in the Samsung devices. These files are there to make sure that the functionality of your device is error-free, before making its final release. These files are created by Samsung company and are found in only their devices. "

I`m asking to check if I should wait or not, I had V4 bootloader but recently by accident with the latest update I got V5 :(

I would recommend you to wait till the latest Combination File gets public for the G950F/G955F. They do work very good and are also stable. Usually I think Samsung does not public These files online but they get leaked very often. I used the Combination File to Downgrade my S6 from 7.0 with Bootloader 6 to 5.1.1 with Bootloader 2.

Im sorry but I can only explain the function of a Combination Rom along with the Galaxy S6..

Once Cthe latest Combination File is available, do this:

1. Download your Nougat/Oreo Firmware you want to install
2. Download Combination File with the latest Bootloader Version
3. Downlad 7zip, since you Need to edit the firmware you want to install
3b) Extract the firmware you want to install to a new Folder
3c) Delete all files except for boot.img, cache.img, recovery.img and system.img
3d) Open 7zip from your Start Menu and locate the firmware Folder
3e) Mark the remaining files and press the green "Add" Button at the upper left corner and create a tar (Odin Flashable) file
4)Download Odin
5) First uncheck Auto-Reboot
6) Now first Flash the Combination File
7) Afterwards go directly again in Download Mode and Flash the tar- firmware File

8) Reboot your phone and do a wipe

9) Congrats! You now have Stock 7.0/8.0 Back!

Notes: Fingerprintscanner wont work, because it is a part of cm.bin, OTA Updates wont work as well, Dont worry if you see a green text next to the Phone logo while starting it. Thats normal and not an error.

Backup your files before you do that!

Last edited:
Reactions: rilley

rilley

Jul 25, 2011
Mures
I hope it helped you

Yes, many thanks for response!

I guess I will wait until I get the combination of files, but until then I want to switch CSC, found a solution to use THAI sim card, but not sure, if everything goes ok, I guess the new OTA update will be the latest from THAI, there are no changes to get bricked by this method right? ( I will be able to get back to the ROM stock that I have now? )

Taz2016

Mar 4, 2015
I would recommend you to wait till the latest Combination File gets public for the G950F/G955F. They do work very good and are also stable. Usually I think Samsung does not public These files online but they get leaked very often. I used the Combination File to Downgrade my S6 from 7.0 with Bootloader 6 to 5.1.1 with Bootloader 2.

Im sorry but I can only explain the function of a Combination Rom along with the Galaxy S6..

3c) Delete all files except for boot.img, cache.img, recovery.img and system.img
3e) Mark the remaining files and press the green "Add" Button at the upper left corner and create a tar (Odin Flashable) file
4)Download Odin
7) Afterwards go directly again in Download Mode and Flash the tar- firmware File

Notes: Fingerprintscanner wont work, because it is a part of cm.bin, OTA Updates wont work as well, Dont worry if you see a green text next to the Phone logo while starting it. Thats normal and not an error.

Hi, ok but it means that i cannot use fingerprint or ota update anymore or after dowgrade could i install full stock firmware with odin and recovery functionalities?

BossBGM

Nov 22, 2012
I've tried this method on my S7 edge but I've stucked on step - deleting files.
After extracting the firmware I get 5 files- Ap, Bl ect.
When i extract the AP file (previously deleting "md5" from the name, and becoming rar file) there are only 3 new files (nothing for delete if i remembering correctly)
Files i need to delete are on other files from extracted firmware.
At the end I finished on unsuccessful flash.

I want to go back to nougat on my S8+ (955f), but i dont want to take risks, so I did flashing on old device with corect firmware.

I'm really mad at Samsung. Battery life become horrible at pie. Thats why I want to go back to nougat or at least oreo.

I will post some videos after day or two how is possible to downgrade android version on some Samsung devices with higher bootloader version. These methods didn't worked for me but may be they will encourage some of you to make possible the downgrade.

Last edited:

BossBGM

Nov 22, 2012

--gta--

Dec 26, 2010
so if i want to downgrade to firmware with bootloader v4 but my phone has now v6, will i download combination file with bootloader 6 or 4? I didn't get that part, sorry. i have s8+

edit: ok, 4 didn't work, so i guess need to get 6

Last edited:

Kaloob

Oct 28, 2019
DC Area
Thanks for this thread.

I want to downgrade from Oreo to nougat too, I'm on "U1" security patch, but I don't understand the order of bootloader version... Can you try to explained how to ?

I found this if it can help : https://combinationfirmware.com/combination-samsung-galaxy-s8/
Since you are on bootloader version 1, you don't need the combination files. If you were past version 2 they would be needed.
Once you update to a new bootloader you can't go back to software on the older bootloader without the combination files.

Scylla.bx

Apr 27, 2010
Since you are on bootloader version 1, you don't need the combination files. If you were past version 2 they would be needed.
Once you update to a new bootloader you can't go back to software on the older bootloader without the combination files.

Thank you for your reply.

Ok so if im on the right bootloader for Nougat, why can i install this rom ?
[S8/S8+][Nougat][01-Jan-2020][v30] LightROM

In fact i can install it, all seem to be fine, no error in twrp, but at reboot it freeze at bootloader :(

Thanks for your help bro

Kaloob

Oct 28, 2019
DC Area
Thank you for your reply.

Ok so if im on the right bootloader for Nougat, why can i install this rom ?
[S8/S8+][Nougat][01-Jan-2020][v30] LightROM

In fact i can install it, all seem to be fine, no error in twrp, but at reboot it freeze at bootloader :(

Thanks for your help bro
If you have an Exynos version, maybe ask around on that thread.
If you have a Snapdragon variant, you can't flash that ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys!

I recently read many Questions About downgrading the Galaxy S8 to 7.0/8.0 after we got the 5x Bootloader.

Well many of you say NO but What many of you forgot is that there is a way to Downgrade your phone.
    I already had that Problem with my S6 back in 2016, where I wanted to Downgrade it to 5.1. All you Need for a Downgrade is a Combination File.

Combination files are basically used for testing purposes in the Samsung devices. These files are there to make sure that the functionality of your device is error-free, before making its final release. These files are created by Samsung company and are found in only their devices.

Combination ROM Advantages:

Its help you to repair imie number in some models like S8/S8 plus S7/S7 Edge S6/S6 Edge…
    Its very useful in bypass samsung account in too many models.
    Its very useful in bypass Google account in too many models.
    Its very useful for downgrade in some models.
    Its help you to enable usb debugging.
    its help to remove any security FRP / Reactivation Lock from Samsung like 2016-2019

You can find Combination Files for Galaxy S8 devices here:

G950U with latest Bootloader: http://www.mediafire.com/file/j8xi2n73zhh37q1/COMBINATION_FA70_G950USQU5ARG4.zip
    G950F (currently only for 4x Bootloader): http://www.mediafire.com/file/c37zq...QB19841686_REV00_user_mid_noship.tar.rar/file

Here is a Video of Downgrading a Galaxy S6 Edge with Combination File : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOKJcHU1pXM Should work with S8 too
    Hello, nice tutorial!

Want to ask:

4)Download Odin