Mi 10 lite 5g, use of Mi dialer, sms and calendar

Search This thread

skystar91

Dec 23, 2015
Hi,
I just got mi mi 10 lite 5g with global rom. Before I had redmi note 7, wich is a perfect phone made xiaomi. I discovered the awful google dialer , sms and calendar not smart at all compared to whom have been used mi since 7 years with xiaomi phones but also before with others chinese phones capable to receive mi roms ( wonderful Zopo) .
I know that for privacy bla bla , mi has forced to use the google package dialer ...
In the other hand, my redmi note 7 has just been updated to miui 12 and to my surprise the dialer sms and calendar are kept to mi.
It seems that for mi 10 lite 5g version I have to install the indian Rom, could someone clever route me to the miui 12 indian version link ?
In case of available one, do you think that I can update firmware without loosing my existing data , sms, photos etc... ?

Thanks in advance for your hints !

flashnub

Sep 12, 2016
I have the Indian version of Mi 10T Lite, its sold by the name Mi 10i 5G in India.
The Indian version has Google Dialer and messaging app, which I don't like at all.
The Google Dialer comes with Call recording Facility, but it begins with an audio notification "THIS CALL IS NOW BEING RECORDED", and I don't like that at all :confused:, I feel it defeats the purpose of call recording in most cases.

skystar91

Dec 23, 2015
Thank you for the reply.
Really disappointed with these google app..
Miui app are much smarter.

skystar91

Dec 23, 2015
Just wondering, what extra features MIUI dialer and contacts have opposed to Google apps?
It is smarter and able to use recording of call, remembering automatically the used sim for contact call, less clicks and confirmations for call dialer , for sms editing and calendar as well.
Really smarter !
I have using it since more than 6years even i have used mi rom ported on another smartphone device.
When you use it, you will see the difference.

_mysiak_

Apr 1, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
It is smarter and able to use recording of call, remembering automatically the used sim for contact call, less clicks and confirmations for call dialer , for sms editing and calendar as well.
Really smarter !
I have using it since more than 6years even i have used mi rom ported on another smartphone device.
When you use it, you will see the difference.
Fair enough, though I don't find anything missing in Google dialer/messages. Call recording is not allowed in my country anyway and I use one SIM only. Any call I make is one or two clicks away. I had been using several SMS apps over the years, but eventually I just settled down with Google messages. Calendar is feature lacking, but for this I have Business calendar app which is miles better than anything stock (be it Google or MIUI). Personally I'm very glad that Xiaomi switched to Google apps and in fact I removed pretty much all remaining MIUI apps from my phone (most of them refuse to launch without accepting Xiaomi data mining anyway).

In each case, Chinese ROM should have all the MIUI apps (or use xiaomi.eu ROM).

Top Liked Posts