• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Mi 10t 5g - lack of updates since 2020

Search This thread

Dis86

Jan 5, 2011
I recently got this phone, I like it, but I'm astonished that it seems that I'm unable to update it. I tried the standard OTA update, i tried updating by downloading the most recent official ROMs and nothing, i get always the same message: "Can't verify update - Sorry flash to this stable version is not allowed."
I was only able to update (by package) from the rom 12.0.18 to the rom 12.0.19, which has the security patch from 12.2020.
I tried to switch regions too and nothing.
Do i really have to unlock the bootloader on a new phone or am i doing something really wrong? How come most people are already on 12.5 and android 11 while I'm stuck on 10?
Screenshot_2022-01-06-00-59-07-166_com.android.settings.jpg

janki111

Jan 8, 2011
I had this same problem as you. I solved it by sending my phone for guarantee. I think they did as you wrote - so probably unlock bootloader and flash (and blocking during flashing). There is no other solution for this problem.
Maybe with MIUI 13 everything will be working fine (for MIUI 12 and 12.5)? I hope so.

NetDog75

Jan 20, 2011
I recently got this phone, I like it, but I'm astonished that it seems that I'm unable to update it. I tried the standard OTA update, i tried updating by downloading the most recent official ROMs and nothing, i get always the same message: "Can't verify update - Sorry flash to this stable version is not allowed."
I was only able to update (by package) from the rom 12.0.18 to the rom 12.0.19, which has the security patch from 12.2020.
I tried to switch regions too and nothing.
Do i really have to unlock the bootloader on a new phone or am i doing something really wrong? How come most people are already on 12.5 and android 11 while I'm stuck on 10?
View attachment 5500955
Hi,

from my opinion, you can flash the latest version, without problem.
Just try the followings:

Settings\About the phone\MIUI version\
click on the MIUI logo 3-4 times, than you will get "extended" menu...
on the right upper corner, the "dots" = menu\select the update package...

look aroung the follong site:
BE SURE, select the correct version and download the full image for you phone... copy your phone, and select it with the update manager......

Dis86

Jan 5, 2011
Hi,

from my opinion, you can flash the latest version, without problem.
Just try the followings:

Settings\About the phone\MIUI version\
click on the MIUI logo 3-4 times, than you will get "extended" menu...
on the right upper corner, the "dots" = menu\select the update package...

look aroung the follong site:
BE SURE, select the correct version and download the full image for you phone... copy your phone, and select it with the update manager......
I already did everything you said. I even tried it with incremental updates and nothing. It always says "sorry, cannot update to this stable version".

zaqm

Apr 8, 2017
I already did everything you said. I even tried it with incremental updates and nothing. It always says "sorry, cannot update to this stable version".
Updates form A10 to A11 are suspended by Xiaomi. You'll need to unlock bootloader and flash latest version and you can lock it while flashing.

Dis86

Jan 5, 2011
Finally got the update "the natural way". But the battery drain is ridiculous.... Ffs