• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Mi 10T 5G usb otg & usb debugging not functioning on my phone itself.

Search This thread
Sep 6, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Hi. I am Carlos from the philippines. I am a Xiaomi Mi 10T 5G user, and I have some issues with my unit regarding the usb debugging and my external USB suddenly it is not functioning on my phone anymore, and, even the tethering on my phone cannot also be selected for it to work. But, I can still charge my phone using my pc or charging brick, and even use the usb port for my headset. (with headset adaptor for usb type-c)
There is no problem with my pc or even my external usb, cause I have tried them on my wife's phone and the external usb and my pc can detect her phone. What could be the problem? Can anybody help me with this? Tia

praveesh4u

Dec 25, 2011
Calicut
I am also facing the same problem. Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro user here. OTG and USB options stopped working all of a sudden. I have created a thread here regarding the same. Some users in xiaomi europe forum have also reported the same issue. Looks like this is a hardware issue triggered by some specific setting. So far no solution. :(

Sep 6, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Actually, I ordered a cheap priced charging port for Mi 10T from Shopee. It is not a original Xiaomi product but an OEM I suppose. It has not arrived yet, but, as soon as I receive it, I will go to a technician and have my stock charging port replaced. Maybe around less than month from now I will get back here and post the result. Cause, this is the last resort in finding solution to this issue...

KentPC

Sep 23, 2021
4 days ago I had the same problem as you, I found a way to solve this error.
First you go to Settings, select All parameters, select Android version, if it is android 11, then you push the volume of android 11 up and down 3 times until it shows number 11, then plug the phone into the computer to see if it shows usb for file transfer.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
4 days ago I had the same problem as you, I found a way to solve this error.
First you go to Settings, select All parameters, select Android version, if it is android 11, then you push the volume of android 11 up and down 3 times until it shows number 11, now you try to connect the phone to calculator and see the results.
Sorry, I can't understand much about the last part, "try to connect the phone to calculator?" How should I do this?

KentPC

Sep 23, 2021
242165853_1533220043691363_7137028210300590065_n.jpg

Before
Screenshot_2021-09-23-11-03-56-848_com.miui.home.jpg

After