Mi 10t lite still on 12.0.8.0

Search This thread

Rick82

Dec 13, 2021
Ok, so after a little more digging on the community forum, I think I may have found the specific issue. From the complaints this isn't specifically an issue with just the Mi 10T Lite but also its variants such as the Redmi Note 9 Pro (China's version of the same phone) Mi 10i (India's) along different Xiaomi models like the POCO ect. The most common response when pressed, was a multitude of issues (and a lot of "please wait longer, dev's are working on it"), but mainly, the most common response is that there's an issue with WhatsApp.

So I did a bit more digging around for a more specific reason, I found a bug report from the POCO community site where some users also reported this issue, and found from last month:

"Issue: Whatsapp can't send attachement.
Affected Device:
All Devices.
Affected Version: All Version.
Root Cause: After the latest version of Whatsapp is used on Android Q, there is a problem when upgrading to the R system. The root cause is that the application is not adapted to the scenario of the major version upgrade of Android.
Status: Whatsapp developers have provided patches and are bringing the effectiveness of patch changes‌‌."

Take this info however you will. I don't know what to make of it. It might eventually get fixed. Since I just bought the phone, I don't wanna deal with unlocking and flashing so I might just return it to save me the headache. Don't really care as much about MIUI/Android than the fact that the Android security update is nearly a year old. Shame, I really like the phone.

xsatquest

Aug 10, 2012
Ok, so after a little more digging on the community forum, I think I may have found the specific issue. From the complaints this isn't specifically an issue with just the Mi 10T Lite but also its variants such as the Redmi Note 9 Pro (China's version of the same phone) Mi 10i (India's) along different Xiaomi models like the POCO ect. The most common response when pressed, was a multitude of issues (and a lot of "please wait longer, dev's are working on it"), but mainly, the most common response is that there's an issue with WhatsApp.

So I did a bit more digging around for a more specific reason, I found a bug report from the POCO community site where some users also reported this issue, and found from last month:

"Issue: Whatsapp can't send attachement.
Affected Device:
All Devices.
Affected Version: All Version.
Root Cause: After the latest version of Whatsapp is used on Android Q, there is a problem when upgrading to the R system. The root cause is that the application is not adapted to the scenario of the major version upgrade of Android.
Status: Whatsapp developers have provided patches and are bringing the effectiveness of patch changes‌‌."

Take this info however you will. I don't know what to make of it. It might eventually get fixed. Since I just bought the phone, I don't wanna deal with unlocking and flashing so I might just return it to save me the headache. Don't really care as much about MIUI/Android than the fact that the Android security update is nearly a year old. Shame, I really like the phone.
How old or new is the posts about whatsapp.

We dont use whatsapp so it would not affect us, but i guess they will not release it to "me" specifically because it would be very tiresome for them to allow for it for individual IMEI.

Also, they risk if we sell this phone that the next user will complain because they use Whatsapp.

Rick82

Dec 13, 2021
How old or new is the posts about whatsapp.

We dont use whatsapp so it would not affect us, but i guess they will not release it to "me" specifically because it would be very tiresome for them to allow for it for individual IMEI.

Also, they risk if we sell this phone that the next user will complain because they use Whatsapp.
Again, I don't know what to think. because I don't have or use Whatsapp either.

There are various Whatsapp bugs with Xiaomi and it's been a big issue all of 2021 on all their phones, that's not even including the specific issue we have. I can't find anything more than a couple months old on out specific issue, mostly from November and the current month.

So, I think depending on the region you set certain apps automatically install like the Ebay app, Amazon, Facebook, ect. Whatsapp is probably among those apps for some regions. Yeah, logistically they couldn't shell out individual updates.

xsatquest

Aug 10, 2012
So i heard back from xiaomi UK.

They basically totally ignores my question and just showed a "Were sorry your phone is defective, please give us this info, so that we might process the phone as defective" in my face...

What utter utter stupidity....The phone hardware is NOT defective, it is pretty clear that the only problem with the phone is that they have disabled the update in their servers.

Honestly...I know that no one here is to blame or can do anything, but i can guarantee everyone here, that if they do not fix this soon, i hereby vow to never ever ever buy any product branded as Xiaomi, this is just piss poor costumer service and shows just how much of a "we dont care about the costumers as soon as they bought our product" attitude they have, and i for one am not going to just take it.

Last edited:

Overandout

Feb 26, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
From what I am reading we will have V13.0.0.1.SJDEUXM available to download from mid to late January.

I'm not going to bother with flashing the latest 12.5 now if the OS will be out of date in a few weeks. I'll wait and see what people think of 13 and then decide if I go straight for that or wait for the second release if it corrects bugs.

There is also a very slim chance I suppose that we get an OTA to 13..... but I won't hold my breath!

xsatquest

Aug 10, 2012
From what I am reading we will have V13.0.0.1.SJDEUXM available to download from mid to late January.

I'm not going to bother with flashing the latest 12.5 now if the OS will be out of date in a few weeks. I'll wait and see what people think of 13 and then decide if I go straight for that or wait for the second release if it corrects bugs.

There is also a very slim chance I suppose that we get an OTA to 13..... but I won't hold my breath!
So the version 13 should be downloadable and it should be possible to flash it via the manual flash option, unlike the 12.5 version.

Well in that case, i think we will also just wait and see.

Still odd if they have figured out what the problem was with whatsapp in version 13, that they could not have applied that to version 12.5 and opened the "gates" :)

Also would be nice to hear from someone in a similar situation (Stuck at android 10) if the update to android 12 directly poses any problems with regards to the phone needing a factory reset or if it would just install, reboot and phone was usable without a problem without resetting anything.

Overandout

Feb 26, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
So the version 13 should be downloadable and it should be possible to flash it via the manual flash option, unlike the 12.5 version.
I don't know how you came to that conclusion but I'm not so optimistic.
If our phones haven't received updates in almost a year I can't see why they would suddenly start again now. How long is the design life of a mobile phone anyway? In another year it will be probably obsolete.

My plan is to wait to download an Android 12 MIUI when reports are favourable with regards to its stability, and flash it now that I can unlock the bootloader.

xsatquest

Aug 10, 2012
I don't know how you came to that conclusion but I'm not so optimistic.
If our phones haven't received updates in almost a year I can't see why they would suddenly start again now. How long is the design life of a mobile phone anyway? In another year it will be probably obsolete.

My plan is to wait to download an Android 12 MIUI when reports are favourable with regards to its stability, and flash it now that I can unlock the bootloader.
I t hought that

"From what I am reading we will have V13.0.0.1.SJDEUXM available to download from mid to late January."

Meant that you said that V13.0.0.1.SJDEUXM for the 10T lite, but maybe that filename was not referring to our particular phone. ?

Overandout

Feb 26, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
From what I can discover, the ROM quoted is for the Mi 10T Lite (and equivalents), but I don't think that the availability of the new ROM will fix the problems with our phones which clearly are not able to receive new ROMs without fastboot.

xsatquest

Aug 10, 2012
From what I can discover, the ROM quoted is for the Mi 10T Lite (and equivalents), but I don't think that the availability of the new ROM will fix the problems with our phones which clearly are not able to receive new ROMs without fastboot.
Okay, i just assumed (Yes i know silly me) that if the reason the phone would not get Android 11, was because they halted the update because of problems with whatsapp, that they would have fixed those problems in the android 12 version.

If not, i don't see any idea in them making new versions, if no one is able to update, due to the whatsapp bug.

We'll just have to wait and see i guess...

Rick82

Dec 13, 2021
Okay, i just assumed (Yes i know silly me) that if the reason the phone would not get Android 11, was because they halted the update because of problems with whatsapp, that they would have fixed those problems in the android 12 version.

If not, i don't see any idea in them making new versions, if no one is able to update, due to the whatsapp bug.

We'll just have to wait and see i guess...
Again to be clear, updating from A10 to 11 is halted on basically all Xiaomi phones. You mostly read about the updating complaints on phones that released around the same time of the Mi 10 because despite being a relatively new phone, they came with A10 out of the box.

On a slightly humorous note, on another phone someone accidently downgraded from Android 11 to 10 and can't get back. I don't even know how this is possible. I thought these phones have anti-rollback.

xsatquest

Aug 10, 2012
Again to be clear, updating from A10 to 11 is halted on basically all Xiaomi phones. You mostly read about the updating complaints on phones that released around the same time of the Mi 10 because despite being a relatively new phone, they came with A10 out of the box.

On a slightly humorous note, on another phone someone accidently downgraded from Android 11 to 10 and can't get back. I don't even know how this is possible. I thought these phones have anti-rollback.
I wonder if this whole problem might be because my daughter has dismissed update notices from when her phone was not halted for A11 upgrade. (If ever)

I do not know and she says she did not dismiss these, but i am a bit sceptical, as i have actually witnessed her doing it once.

But no matter what, they should fix the problem and resume the possibility for updating. The good thing is that since you say it affects most Xiaomi phones there is a good possibility they will get it fixed.

Overandout

Feb 26, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
When I first got the phone I was informed by the techs at Nova launcher that the way that Xiaomi clone apps for dual accounts means that they can't have seperate icns as they can with most other manufacturers. That's an important feature for me so I reluctantly ditched Nova and used the standard MiUI launcher.
Now I have discovered that this dual app system used also means that Android Auto can't be used with any Xiaomi device running dual apps.
This really sucks.
Does anyone know if this is fixed in Android 11 or 12 updates?
If not I think I'm just going to give up on it.

Overandout

Feb 26, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite

I'm not so sure about that. The Xiaomi tech I spoke to on the live chat said that pretty much all 10T Lites were already on MIUI 12.5 and that if mine was still on 12.0 it was because the IMEI had been left out of the uodate for some unknown reason. I asked if he /she thought that I would get 12.5 if I just waited and the answer was probably not, if it was going to arrive, it woud have arrived by now.

I certainly got the feeling that a few phones may have slipped through the net and are no longer likely to be supported by official updates.

xsatquest

Aug 10, 2012
I'm not so sure about that. The Xiaomi tech I spoke to on the live chat said that pretty much all 10T Lites were already on MIUI 12.5 and that if mine was still on 12.0 it was because the IMEI had been left out of the uodate for some unknown reason. I asked if he /she thought that I would get 12.5 if I just waited and the answer was probably not, if it was going to arrive, it woud have arrived by now.

I certainly got the feeling that a few phones may have slipped through the net and are no longer likely to be supported by official updates.
i hope they get their act together, the solution here is to let my daughter just have the phone until it dies, but i will certainly remember this and if her phone is being "left behind" then i can guarantee that i will not be buying xiaomi, i was a bit sceptical when we bought it but thought, we might give it a chance, but it seems this will be the first and last xiaomi "we" will ever own.

Next time i think we will cough up just a bit more and buy a Oneplus, i have had those for years and they have always had pretty good update and i have never had or heard of a phone that did not get updated. My oneplus was updated all the way from android 6 to android 9, which i find amazing.

TechFreak69

Jan 26, 2022
i hope they get their act together, the solution here is to let my daughter just have the phone until it dies, but i will certainly remember this and if her phone is being "left behind" then i can guarantee that i will not be buying xiaomi, i was a bit sceptical when we bought it but thought, we might give it a chance, but it seems this will be the first and last xiaomi "we" will ever own.

Next time i think we will cough up just a bit more and buy a Oneplus, i have had those for years and they have always had pretty good update and i have never had or heard of a phone that did not get updated. My oneplus was updated all the way from android 6 to android 9, which i find amazing.
Hi,

Just to let you know my 10T Lite had the exact same problem stuck on V12.0.9.0 QJSEUXM (Android 10) but I've now sorted it where it now has V12.5.7.0 - RJSEUXM (Android 11)

It appears that V12.0.8.0 - QJSEUXM (Android 10) will only update to V12.0.9.0 - QJSEUXM (Android 10) then gets stuck and will no longer update. Probably due to a bug in the firmware build.

I successfully updated mine but the only way to do it is to Flash it via FASTBOOT with a PC.

I don't have time currently to go into detail but basically..

1. Put phone in FASTBOOT (hold Vol down & Power buttons) then connect to PC via USB.

2.Download and Use Mi Unlock Tool to unlock phone. (Takes 7 days / 168 hours). Disconnect phone then wait 7 days.

After 7 days...

3. Download firmware V12.0.1.0 - RJSEUXM (Android 11) Zip file ..and Unzip file to PC. Note : yes lower version.

4. Put phone in FASTBOOT again (hold Vol down & Power buttons) then connect to USB via USB.

5. Download and Use Mi Flash Pro Tool - Select Mi Flash on the Tab. Select the unzipped firmware folder on your PC above... then press the Flash button. Phone should Flash in about 15-20 mins.

6. Once flashed disconnect from PC then Reboot Phone. It should then flag up with a software update itself. Keep selecting the updates until it gets to the latest version.

Job done. Enjoy !

Rick82

Dec 13, 2021
Hi,

Just to let you know my 10T Lite had the exact same problem stuck on V12.0.9.0 QJSEUXM (Android 10) but I've now sorted it where it now has V12.5.7.0 - RJSEUXM (Android 11)

It appears that V12.0.8.0 - QJSEUXM (Android 10) will only update to V12.0.9.0 - QJSEUXM (Android 10) then gets stuck and will no longer update. Probably due to a bug in the firmware build.

I successfully updated mine but the only way to do it is to Flash it via FASTBOOT with a PC.

1. Put phone in FASTBOOT (hold Vol down & Power buttons) then connect to PC via USB.

2.Download and Use Mi Unlock Tool to unlock phone. (Takes 7 days / 168 hours). Disconnect phone then wait 7 days.

After 7 days...

3. Download firmware V12.0.1.0 - RJSEUXM (Android 11) Zip file ..and Unzip file to PC. Note : yes lower version.

4. Put phone in FASTBOOT again (hold Vol down & Power buttons) then connect to USB via USB.

5. Download and Use Mi Flash Pro Tool - Select Mi Flash on the Tab. Select the unzipped firmware folder on your PC above... then press the Flash button. Phone should Flash in about 15-20 mins.

6. Once flashed disconnect from PC then Reboot Phone. It should then flag up with a software update itself. Keep selecting the updates until it gets to the latest version.

Job done. Enjoy !
Yeah I flashed it a while back and it wasn't too inconvenient, but I still didn't like that you had to do it.

Overandout

Feb 26, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Thanks Techfreak. I really appreciate the post!
I have already requested the bootloader unlock so I assume on step 3 already!

I'm a total noob with this so the chances of it going wrong are high but I'll give it a go this weekend.

I assume that this process wipes the memory right?

Rick82

Dec 13, 2021
Thanks Techfreak. I really appreciate the post!
I have already requested the bootloader unlock so I assume on step 3 already!

I'm a total noob with this so the chances of it going wrong are high but I'll give it a go this weekend.

I assume that this process wipes the memory right?
You can back up most of it with either Xiaomi's or Googles back up services.

Make sure you don't log out of your Xiaomi account on your phone or you'll have to wait another week.

I downloaded the latest ROM version (12.5.9) when I flashed and recently upgraded to 12.5.10 without issues.

There are some safeguards in place to prevent this from going wrong and it's unlikely to go wrong if you flash the appropriate ROM. Whenever it goes wrong it usually involves a custom ROM.

Also, I chose Clean and Unlock in case something did go wrong just to be safe, and relocked the phone afterwards. You probably won't have to do this and just pick Clean and Lock. Just make sure you remember the login to your account.

xsatquest

Aug 10, 2012
Hi,

After 7 days...

Job done. Enjoy !
Thank you for the tutorial.

That being said, i am probably not going to go through with this, as it seems the phone needs to be reset to factory, and i am fairly certain that my daughter would object a lot.

If the problem is indeed a firmware problem, i still feel Xiaomi should release a version that can be flashed like i did the .8 to .9 version, that would then re-enable it to just update as normal, or make some version of android 11 or 12, that i could also flash using the "download, copy and select manual upgrade" feature.

I guess this problem will never be resolved for her, and this will offcourse mean that neither me, nor anyone in my family, or people i recomend phones to, will ever buy xiaomi.

Will this make Xiaomi go bankrupt....Certainly not, but this is all i can do to "hurt" them for making such a poor product.

Was actually also looking at buying an electric scooter and had my eye on a Xiaomi scooter.....I am not going to forward with that, with my experience with hos Xiaomi disregards their costumers.

If/When they release an android 12 update, we will probably try to see if this version will update the phone, but i dont see A12 coming to this device any time soon.

The method you posted works, but no paying costumer should have to unlock bootloaders, wait weeks, and reset their phone to factory standard, to get a "simple" update of android.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi,

After 7 days...

Job done. Enjoy !
    Fair enough, I didn't bother with the back up because the phone is so new I hardly have anything configured anyway.
    If you're on V12.0.8.0.QJSEUXM, I would try updating to V12.0.1.0.RJSEUXM first. Sometimes it's not possible to skip one or more updates and you have to install them one by one.

Chronological list of updates with download links: https://xiaomifirmware.com/roms/download-latest-miui-roms-for-mi-10t-lite/
    Capturing logcat is pretty easy, you just need to enable debugging mode on the phone, connect it to the PC and start "adb logcat" from the command line on the PC. Once you start collecting logs, replicate the issue, stop the logcat and upload the logs. You can do 2 logs, one for failed ROM installation, second one for update search from system updater app.

XDA has nice quick quide - https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-take-logs-android/
    So you recommend flashing the latest ROM rather than a previous version?

I have to admit that I didn't try the flash described by Techfreak becasue I remembered that my phone was on a previous version when it came out of the box (I didn't have time to check which version was preinstalled) and it updated to V12.0.8.0 when first turned on.
    So, if we flash back to 12.0.1.0 surely the updates will just take us back to 12.0.8.0 again and get stuck again?
    Yes. You want to flash the fastboot version of any RJSEUXM ROM.

R = Android 11
    JS = Mi 10t Lite
    EU = Region
    XM = Xiaomi (carrier)

Your phone starts with Q which is Android 10. If you flash with a ROM that starts with Q you'll be stuck on 10.

Here the latest fastboot is 12.5.9.0. at a whopping 5.4gigs.