Mi 10t lite still on 12.0.8.0

Search This thread

Overandout

Feb 26, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
You can back up most of it with either Xiaomi's or Googles back up services.

Make sure you don't log out of your Xiaomi account on your phone or you'll have to wait another week.

I downloaded the latest ROM version (12.5.9) when I flashed and recently upgraded to 12.5.10 without issues.

There are some safeguards in place to prevent this from going wrong and it's unlikely to go wrong if you flash the appropriate ROM. Whenever it goes wrong it usually involves a custom ROM.

Also, I chose Clean and Unlock in case something did go wrong just to be safe, and relocked the phone afterwards. You probably won't have to do this and just pick Clean and Lock. Just make sure you remember the login to your account.
So you recommend flashing the latest ROM rather than a previous version?

I have to admit that I didn't try the flash described by Techfreak becasue I remembered that my phone was on a previous version when it came out of the box (I didn't have time to check which version was preinstalled) and it updated to V12.0.8.0 when first turned on.
So, if we flash back to 12.0.1.0 surely the updates will just take us back to 12.0.8.0 again and get stuck again?

Rick82

Dec 13, 2021

I have to admit that I didn't try the flash described by Techfreak becasue I remembered that my phone was on a previous version when it came out of the box (I didn't have time to check which version was preinstalled) and it updated to V12.0.8.0 when first turned on.
So, if we flash back to 12.0.1.0 surely the updates will just take us back to 12.0.8.0 again and get stuck again?
Yes. You want to flash the fastboot version of any RJSEUXM ROM.

R = Android 11
JS = Mi 10t Lite
EU = Region
XM = Xiaomi (carrier)

Your phone starts with Q which is Android 10. If you flash with a ROM that starts with Q you'll be stuck on 10.

Here the latest fastboot is 12.5.9.0. at a whopping 5.4gigs.

Reactions: Overandout

Overandout

Feb 26, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Big thanks to all fo the help on this. My phone is now on 12.5.10. That was the fastboot file I downloaded so I'll have to see if I get subsequent updates or not.

It took me a few attempts to get the Flash tool to work. Thought I'd screwed it up when it failed a few times but it seems to have been a problem with using Wifi rather than a SIM with data because it kept failing thinking that the bootloader was locked and the phone prompting me to "activate the device", first attempt with a SIM however and it worked.

I still haven't checked to see what is better and what is not after the update, but that's not really relevant to this thread anyway.

One question though, if I selected "clean all and lock" in Mi Flash Tool Pro is the Bootloader now locked again?

In theory I have voided the warranty by unlocking it myself anyway, but I should really lock it again being a work phone.

Rick82

Dec 13, 2021
Big thanks to all fo the help on this. My phone is now on 12.5.10. That was the fastboot file I downloaded so I'll have to see if I get subsequent updates or not.

It took me a few attempts to get the Flash tool to work. Thought I'd screwed it up when it failed a few times but it seems to have been a problem with using Wifi rather than a SIM with data because it kept failing thinking that the bootloader was locked and the phone prompting me to "activate the device", first attempt with a SIM however and it worked.

I still haven't checked to see what is better and what is not after the update, but that's not really relevant to this thread anyway.

One question though, if I selected "clean all and lock" in Mi Flash Tool Pro is the Bootloader now locked again?

In theory I have voided the warranty by unlocking it myself anyway, but I should really lock it again being a work phone.
If you select Clean and Lock it'll be locked and it'll be as if you never unlocked it.

If your phone is unlocked you should relock your phone since you're not using a custom ROM. Otherwise, you won't get OTA updates.

Relocking is actually really quick and easy. However, It will wipe your data. It's just the data you lose, not the operating system, so don't have to re-flash. You have to backup and recover everything again unless you still have your backup. In other words, you'd have to repeat the steps you did after your successful flash.

You need to download the SDK Platform Tools and turn on USB debugging then just follow a couple steps.

_mysiak_

Apr 1, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Oh interesting. I thought it did.
It's common misconception, not sure where it comes from. :) Maybe because people who unlock their bootloader usually also modify their kernel, boot or system partition and these actions prevent OTA update from installing (not from receiving though)..?

As long as the phone has stock recovery and unmodified system partitions and vendor server doesn't prevent it, OTA update will get to the phone and users can install it.

Overandout

Feb 26, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
I had selected clean and lock, and I have just enabled developer options again and checked. The phone is locked so I appear to where I want to be!

My only dilema now is if I continue to use the Realme 8 5G I bought a few weeks ago or if I switch back to the Xiaomi!

Technophebe

Jun 1, 2022

Please can anyone help. I've had my Mi 10T Lite 5G since December 2020 but I have recently found it hasn't carried out a single update since then! (security or otherwise). It's still on Android v10 QKQ1.200628.002. and it's still on Miui version 12.0.8.0 (QJSEUXM).
I've searched on the web & downloaded an app to search & manually install updates but my phone rejects them every time!

There is even a "recommended update" in the "About phone" section, which is for Miui v12.0.2.0 (RJSEUXM) which says it has a security update patch to May 2021(over a year ago!!) but it won't allow me to download it. It always says it will install it at night, but it never does 😭
I've read most of the posts on this thread, but not being a tech expert, I don't understand how to go about following the advice given because it assumes prior knowledge of techy terms/processes, which I'm not familiar with.
If anyone has managed to find an easy & safe solution to this problem & can explain it in simple terms, I'd be really grateful. I feel really angry that my phone hasn't received a single update since purchase over 18 months ago. But I'm pretty sure it's out of warranty by now, as I bought it outright & it probably only had 12 months.

I'm hoping for a simple solution that doesn't involve doing a factory reset & losing all the data on my phone. Otherwise can people advise whether it's safe to continue using this phone without any updates?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i hope they get their act together, the solution here is to let my daughter just have the phone until it dies, but i will certainly remember this and if her phone is being "left behind" then i can guarantee that i will not be buying xiaomi, i was a bit sceptical when we bought it but thought, we might give it a chance, but it seems this will be the first and last xiaomi "we" will ever own.

Next time i think we will cough up just a bit more and buy a Oneplus, i have had those for years and they have always had pretty good update and i have never had or heard of a phone that did not get updated. My oneplus was updated all the way from android 6 to android 9, which i find amazing.
    Hi,

Just to let you know my 10T Lite had the exact same problem stuck on V12.0.9.0 QJSEUXM (Android 10) but I've now sorted it where it now has V12.5.7.0 - RJSEUXM (Android 11)

It appears that V12.0.8.0 - QJSEUXM (Android 10) will only update to V12.0.9.0 - QJSEUXM (Android 10) then gets stuck and will no longer update. Probably due to a bug in the firmware build.

I successfully updated mine but the only way to do it is to Flash it via FASTBOOT with a PC.

I don't have time currently to go into detail but basically..

1. Put phone in FASTBOOT (hold Vol down & Power buttons) then connect to PC via USB.

2.Download and Use Mi Unlock Tool to unlock phone. (Takes 7 days / 168 hours). Disconnect phone then wait 7 days.

After 7 days...

3. Download firmware V12.0.1.0 - RJSEUXM (Android 11) Zip file ..and Unzip file to PC. Note : yes lower version.

4. Put phone in FASTBOOT again (hold Vol down & Power buttons) then connect to USB via USB.

5. Download and Use Mi Flash Pro Tool - Select Mi Flash on the Tab. Select the unzipped firmware folder on your PC above... then press the Flash button. Phone should Flash in about 15-20 mins.

6. Once flashed disconnect from PC then Reboot Phone. It should then flag up with a software update itself. Keep selecting the updates until it gets to the latest version.

Job done. Enjoy !
    Fair enough, I didn't bother with the back up because the phone is so new I hardly have anything configured anyway.
    If you're on V12.0.8.0.QJSEUXM, I would try updating to V12.0.1.0.RJSEUXM first. Sometimes it's not possible to skip one or more updates and you have to install them one by one.

Chronological list of updates with download links: https://xiaomifirmware.com/roms/download-latest-miui-roms-for-mi-10t-lite/
    Capturing logcat is pretty easy, you just need to enable debugging mode on the phone, connect it to the PC and start "adb logcat" from the command line on the PC. Once you start collecting logs, replicate the issue, stop the logcat and upload the logs. You can do 2 logs, one for failed ROM installation, second one for update search from system updater app.

XDA has nice quick quide - https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-take-logs-android/

Yes. You want to flash the fastboot version of any RJSEUXM ROM.

R = Android 11
    JS = Mi 10t Lite
    EU = Region
    XM = Xiaomi (carrier)

Your phone starts with Q which is Android 10. If you flash with a ROM that starts with Q you'll be stuck on 10.

Here the latest fastboot is 12.5.9.0. at a whopping 5.4gigs.