• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Mi 10T or Poco F3

Search This thread

ineedroot69

Nov 13, 2019
hi Deathecho dont worry about amoled screen not lasting long. I have a galaxy s7 still works amoled is fine . I don't think anyone keep a phone for more then 3 years, let alone 5 years.
agree according to google amoled burn in issue take 6-8 years depending on usage to show up also i love amoled i always watch anime at night and true black color doesn't hurt my eye

Nemix77

Nov 11, 2011
Toronto
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Xiaomi Poco F3
The Mi 10T (Non Pro) in my country is 415$ and the Poco F3 450$

I think the performance is almost the same and I don't mind the LCD Panels (which will last longer I think) I was wondering about other aspects of the phone.

Quality, Rom support, Heating, Sounds, longevity, Build Material.. the things beyond the numbers. Could someone share their views on which is better and why?

I'd say Poco F3 and I'm not being bias because I ordered the Poco F3, I was in the exact same situation when I could not place an order for the Poco F3 last month.

Simply put, Poco F3 will get you a year more worth of updates than the Mi 10T.

That in itself is already worth the price difference, Mi 10T will only get Android 12 at best while the Poco F3 should receive Android 13 and a year more of MIUI software updates.

Other things to consider:

+ Poco F3 has a superior AMOLED display (I'm old school and prefer LCD's but I've changed my way of thinking).
+ Poco F3 has more network bands for Global version.
+ Poco F3 will have better community support (if custom roms is your thing).
+ Poco F3 will have longer software support for Android and MIUI updates.
+ Poco F3 has better speakers and higher touch sample rate.
- Poco F3 has weaker cameras.

+ Mi 10T has better camera setup.
+ Mi 10T has better build quality (should not matter too much if you have a case on both phones).
- Mi 10T has LCD screen (both good and bad but the AMOLED on the Poco F3 looks better and costs more).
- Mi 10T is heavy (20 grams heavier than Poco F3).

Last edited:

metalvibe

Apr 28, 2021
Just my 2 cents, if you suffer from motion sickness. Just note that the Poco F3 is Amoled and also does not currently have PWM control, so you might get headaches if you're one of those people like me. If you are, then an LCD panel would be far better, however, there are some software like OLED Saver which help (only a tiny bit for me... still get headaches just not as much).

Reactions: Nemix77

Nemix77

Nov 11, 2011
Toronto
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Xiaomi Poco F3
I grew up on CRT's so screen flickering is not something new and does not bother me, in fact I don't see it at all.

The reason why I prefer LCD's is because it's better for the eyes in the dark even though IPS panels have a glow to them.

VA panels would be my most preferred LCD panels but it does not make sense to put a VA panel on a mobile device because of the poor viewing angles.

Ryle333

Dec 15, 2013
I had the Mi 10T before I got the Poco F3 and I never thought I'd miss the build quality a lot. Even though I always use a case, I really miss the metal feeling when I take my phone out of the case to clean it. Also, while the Mi 10T does have a superior camera (specially with Gcam), I think the F3 will catch up once more people figure out xml settings for Gcam. Lastly, the Mi 10T bored me because of the lack of custom roms.

One more thing to consider: while the F3's screen is awesome, mine is uneven on super low brightness with dark or gray items on screen. Not sure if this is just my phone but I do remember reading about this somewhere here in XDA.

Nemix77

Nov 11, 2011
Toronto
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Xiaomi Poco F3
At this point it's probably better off waiting on the Mi 11T if a slight increase in cost over the Poco F3 is not an issue...

I have a feeling it's going to be very similar to the Black Shark 4 in terms of pricing and specs minus the gaming shoulder buttons, the shell and Joy UI.

Expected specs for Mi 11T:

- Snapdragon 870
- 144 Hz E4 Amoled
- Speakers tuned by JBL + Dolby Atmos
- 64MP + 13MP + 5MP Cameras
- Side Fingerprint Scanner
- NFC 3.0
- 720Hz Touch Sampling
- Same Cooling Tech as Black Shark 4
- 5000Mah Battery
- Android 11 + MIUI 12.5

Expected Specs for Mi 11T Pro:

- Snapdragon 888
- 144 Hz E4 Amoled
- Speakers tuned by JBL + Dolby Atmos
- 108MP + 13MP + 5MP Cameras (OIS)
- Side Fingerprint Scanner
- NFC 3.0
- 720Hz Touch Sampling
- Same Cooling Tech as Black Shark 4
- 5000Mah Battery
- Android 11 + MIUI 12.5

Last edited:
Reactions: Neronivs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Mi 10T (Non Pro) in my country is 415$ and the Poco F3 450$

I think the performance is almost the same and I don't mind the LCD Panels (which will last longer I think) I was wondering about other aspects of the phone.

Quality, Rom support, Heating, Sounds, longevity, Build Material.. the things beyond the numbers. Could someone share their views on which is better and why?
    Seems to me that F3 support will be very strong. After a few weeks we already have a Pixel Experience and a Lineage OS ROM, and an alpha TWRP.
    I'm biased having owning a Poco F3. One of the best features is the AMOLED panel. It is so beautiful and I never want to go back to LCD after this. The other big feature is the amazing flagship level haptics. Overall smartphone performance is superb so I would recommend the F3. However, it comes down to your priorities. In terms of ROMs we're just getting started. Yesterday morning a private device tree went public and since then we've had LineageOS, Pixel Experience+ and TWRP unofficial releases. As a result I expect developer support on this device to be exceptional.
    Sorry for offtopic:
    May I ask where I can find LOS for the F3? I can't find it in the XDA forum so far, can I?

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B13WoPWGvzj3W0Oa01OAyTAo38YYBRyB/view?usp=sharing
    Installation:

Released: 03/05/'21
    Notes:
    • Have to install fastbootd driver in your Windows

• If you haven't backed up you're persist partion before switching to LOS (OSS vendor based roms) then u might loose L1 certificate forever! So do a Persist backup (recommended)

• Firmware tested (and fully working with 12.0.2, 12.0.4 e 12.0.5 and weekly EU). It can be installed from any version of this MIUI

Special thanks to the @pocoitaliaufficiale group

By @framework_res

This build is quite old and so might have missing features. Personally I'd recommend going with PEX or crdroid. You can try my Havoc build without GAPPs (however it hasn't been tested very much yet): https://github.com/Robert3141/local_manifests/releases/tag/v1.0
    I have used both devices. I sold my Mi 10T to buy Poco F3. It is a beast device and some bugs are fixed with updates.