• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Mi 11 Android 12 Hard Brick (12.5.1.0.SKBMIXM)

Search This thread

Reishin Sama

Oct 22, 2021
Hello,

I tried to update to Android 12 to see the new functionalities, I've done it quite some times so I knew what I was doing. But actually... I came accross a big problem.
After that I wanted to go back to the Android 11 version, and so I launched Twrp again, but it didn't boot the same way it usually does. No asking for password, no changing language available, and no data visible on phone (where you choose to install magisk for example)
And so I searched a way to reboot the phone seeing I wasn't able to do anything... but the fun comes after. In that new version, the power button doesn't reboot/stop the phone anymore, it's done with that accessibility pop-up you got on the menu. So, I was stuck inside Twrp.
I fount a reboot section, and I tapped on it, but it seems it wasn't the actual reboot..
Now I'm stuck with a black screen, phone doesn't start, no fastboot, no recovery mode available whatsoever when I press the combination of Volume +/- and power button. Pressing the three for a minute didn't help either. I tried everything.
My phone is apparently stuck in EDL mode, beeing recognized as COM3 on my computer.
I tried flashing it with XiaomiFlash, with the Android 11 12.5.9.0 SKBMIXM version but either it says the phone doesn't answer, or "write time out" or something.

My photos are saved on google and my app are mostly games that are linked with google account so I pretty much doesn't care about factory resetting I just want the access back now.

Is there a free solution I can do by myself ? (not going to give the access to some random telegram guys I don't know, I have read some messages)

As it's detected by the PC there is something that might be done, but that's not in the territory of things that I know sadly..

If someone can help, that would be immensely appreciated.

Reactions: 4r44444

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Hello,

I tried to update to Android 12 to see the new functionalities, I've done it quite some times so I knew what I was doing. But actually... I came accross a big problem.
After that I wanted to go back to the Android 11 version, and so I launched Twrp again, but it didn't boot the same way it usually does. No asking for password, no changing language available, and no data visible on phone (where you choose to install magisk for example)
And so I searched a way to reboot the phone seeing I wasn't able to do anything... but the fun comes after. In that new version, the power button doesn't reboot/stop the phone anymore, it's done with that accessibility pop-up you got on the menu. So, I was stuck inside Twrp.
I fount a reboot section, and I tapped on it, but it seems it wasn't the actual reboot..
Now I'm stuck with a black screen, phone doesn't start, no fastboot, no recovery mode available whatsoever when I press the combination of Volume +/- and power button. Pressing the three for a minute didn't help either. I tried everything.
My phone is apparently stuck in EDL mode, beeing recognized as COM3 on my computer.
I tried flashing it with XiaomiFlash, with the Android 11 12.5.9.0 SKBMIXM version but either it says the phone doesn't answer, or "write time out" or something.

My photos are saved on google and my app are mostly games that are linked with google account so I pretty much doesn't care about factory resetting I just want the access back now.

Is there a free solution I can do by myself ? (not going to give the access to some random telegram guys I don't know, I have read some messages)

As it's detected by the PC there is something that might be done, but that's not in the territory of things that I know sadly..

Global A12 is the bricked rom of the year.... There praticaly any problem with the chinese A12.

Bad news, you will paid approximatively 25/30 $ for unbrick your device, it's the only possibility, because only a certified xiaomi account can unlock EDL on your Mi account.

Good news, if you want try A12, Xiaomi.eu A12 is out, MiuiMix also... And it's really more safe.

I PM you a link for a Unbrick service

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
OnePlus 7T
Xiaomi Mi 11
So something similar happens to me, if that's what you are referring too, TWRP gets stuck on a12 it won't respond when TWRP is injected and you want to go to recovery since it won't decrypt you will see that it shows 0 on internal memory and With the touch screen not responding, so you have to keep the power button press for awhile for it to reboot, TWRP will work but only when you boot to it from fastboot. That's how I been able to flash CN beta a12, Xiaomi EU a12, and stock Global a11(not beta version) I went back and forth yesterday from Xiaomi EU Stable, to CN beta to Xiaomi eu beta and back to Xiaomi eu Stable.

Reishin Sama

Oct 22, 2021
Yeah it's what happened to me, but I tried pressing the power button for a long time (1 minute or so) and nothing. Did you do it longer ?
My phone isn't actually detected by ADB or Fastboot, only EDL (COM3)
Idk if that's any recoverable..

Reishin Sama

Oct 22, 2021
Global A12 is the bricked rom of the year.... There praticaly any problem with the chinese A12.

Bad news, you will paid approximatively 25/30 $ for unbrick your device, it's the only possibility, because only a certified xiaomi account can unlock EDL on your Mi account.

Good news, if you want try A12, Xiaomi.eu A12 is out, MiuiMix also... And it's really more safe.

I PM you a link for a Unbrick service
Can't I find a way to do it myself ? There must be something.

Mar 26, 2019
There is no solution except through EDL mode, through a person who has access authorization.
Unfortunately, I also went through this. The problem is that the phone is repaired by connecting the platform to your computer through a "vewever" program.
After this procedure I was hacked through my AMAZON account. I assume my passwords and passwords were stolen.
That's why it uses a computer that doesn't store data, especially the browser.

Reactions: Esahin1992

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

There is no solution except through EDL mode, through a person who has access authorization.
    Unfortunately, I also went through this. The problem is that the phone is repaired by connecting the platform to your computer through a "vewever" program.
    After this procedure I was hacked through my AMAZON account. I assume my passwords and passwords were stolen.
    That's why it uses a computer that doesn't store data, especially the browser.