• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Mi 11 EEA Stable V12.5.5.0 RKBEUXM

Search This thread

Besko1979

Jul 10, 2011
NRW
Hello.
I have even seen, that the 12.5.5.0 Update is available via the Mi Community Rom Downloads Page.

The Fastboot and the Recovery Update is available.

Even is the 12.5.7.0 for the global version available.

Here is the Changelog:

1632525459235.jpg

Even i seen that the Memory Extension could be acticate

1632525488167.jpg

Screenshot_2021-09-25-01-18-34-615_com.android.settings.jpg

And the Boot Logo has been Changed like on the Chinese Rom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wahoux

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Just installing it 😁

Edit: can confirm that memory extension is turned on by default, i turned it off and it required a restart.

Can confirm this option is placebo and useless (because i have this option from the first CN release)

Some users feedback Memory extension causing lags.

And optimization are in fact a big underclock (for fix heat issues).

Last edited:

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Advice needed on rooted Mi 11. No TWRP installed.

When I update, should I download the fastboot version, use miflash, then pick the option to "save user data"?

Thanks.

You can use OTA like an unrooted user (not fastboot) and reapply Magisk with special OTA option BEFORE restart System for keep your Root ;)

What is your actual ROM / Branch, if it's an official update on the same branch (EEA) RKEUXM > RKEUXM or (Global International) RKMIXM > RKMIXM etc... You can just follow my guide with Screenshots here

Last edited:

seemebreakthis

Jun 6, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 11
What is your actual ROM / Branch, if it's an official update on the same branch (EEA) RKEUXM > RKEUXM or (Global International) RKMIXM > RKMIXM etc... You can just follow my guide with Screenshots here

Thanks so much. Mine is RKBEUXM (EEA). When I bought the phone it was on Global. First thing I did was bootloader unlock then wiped and flashed and debloated before I started using my phone.

Will give your guide a try ! Thanks again.

Reactions: Pho3nX

speedunderx

Feb 12, 2013
Can confirm this option is placebo and useless (because i have this option from the first CN release)

Some users feedback Memory extension causing lags.

And optimization are in fact a big underclock (for fix heat issues).
If I install the Chinese version, does everything in the global one work, or is there something that cannot be used?

seemebreakthis

Jun 6, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 11
Yes, so enjoy OTA Root :D
Just updated with your guide. No issues !

One thing to note for the benefit of others: when you reboot for the first time after update and magisk install, the booting time can last a few minutes. You will see the MI logo and 3 dots with running lights at the bottom during this process. Normal.

Also if you have AFWall+ and / or ad blockers like Adaway setup to block your phone from accessing Xiaomi servers, this method will fail because it tries to verify the .zip file by connecting to Xiaomi. So you have to turn off these protections. This to me is actually a little less than ideal, so maybe next time I will see if I can install via fastboot / recovery or something like that.

Of course if this is not a concern, then the guide is still an easy and straightforward way of updating your MIUI. Thanks again to Pho3nX 👍

Reactions: Pho3nX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Memory extension is probably just a type of swap memory, and since storage flash memory is slower than RAM, when it is in use you can expect lags.

Yes it can be usefull on a device with 3/4 GB but cleary not on a Mi 11 with 8 GB
    Hello.
    I have even seen, that the 12.5.5.0 Update is available via the Mi Community Rom Downloads Page.

The Fastboot and the Recovery Update is available.

Even is the 12.5.7.0 for the global version available.

Here is the Changelog:

1632525459235.jpg

Even i seen that the Memory Extension could be acticate

1632525488167.jpg

Screenshot_2021-09-25-01-18-34-615_com.android.settings.jpg

And the Boot Logo has been Changed like on the Chinese Rom.
    Just installing it 😁

Edit: can confirm that memory extension is turned on by default, i turned it off and it required a restart.

Thanks so much. Mine is RKBEUXM (EEA). When I bought the phone it was on Global. First thing I did was bootloader unlock then wiped and flashed and debloated before I started using my phone.

Yes, so enjoy OTA Root :D