General Mi 11 Lite 5G Review

Search This thread

4K2K

May 22, 2015
It has been a week since I started using this phone and here is my review:

- So light and so thin. There is no other phone like it.

- Everything is very smooth and fast.

- No heating issues. I usually take a break when I first setup a phone (large file transfer, mass installation of apps...etc.) for I do not like holding a hot chunk of glass, plastic, or aluminium. I did not experience that with this phone.

- Display quality is excellent. My last phone had deltaE score of 1.4 and I assume 11L5G is probably in that area too. In other words, near perfect white balance and color reproduction.
I am not sure if I have the pentile or the other inferior display. All I know is that it is indistinguishable from AMOLED used in S10 Plus and top notch LCD screen of my previous phone.

- Camera. It has noticeable and annoying lag in low light situation. I am not talking about dark dark settings but just indoor situation. I press the shutter then it takes a photo just when I start wondering if I did not press the shutter button. Since such shutter lag is just a strange problem I never experienced on other phones, I expect it to be fixed on next update.

- Build quality is quite good and its back panel looks very premium.

- Vibration motor is excellent. This is the one area where manufactures cut corners and I am glad it is the not case this time.

- Widevine L1 even after unlock. But you cannot install NetFlix from Playstore but APK install works fine.

Overall, I am very much pleased with this phone. If you want a phone that is light and thin, you have no other choice but to go with this one. Ever since introduction of 5G, the market kept pumping out thick and heavy phones. Xiaomi too until this phone. What's great is that this phone is not just light but comes with great CPU, display, large battery, build quality, vibration motor and everything. It would've been perfect if no shutter lag issue. I do expect the issue to be fixed since it cannot possibly be a hardware problem.

EDIT: I retract what I said about display quality. It is, indeed, distinguishable from AMOLED used in S10 Plus or my previous phone which uses LCD with 441 ppi. Text do not appear as sharp as those. It is micro blurry and you may not even notice it if your sight is not so very good. I am still not sure if my phone came with pentile or delta though.

Last edited:

vandal4e

Feb 28, 2008
Tried Gcam 8.1 forced 4k60 on main lens, works well, Snapdragon 780G 5G version

Last edited:
Reactions: Schmacko

4K2K

May 22, 2015
EDIT: I retract what I said about display quality. It is, indeed, distinguishable from AMOLED used in S10 Plus or my previous phone which uses LCD with 441 ppi. Text do not appear as sharp as those. It is micro blurry and you may not even notice it if your sight is not so very good. I am still not sure if my phone came with pentile or delta though.

4K2K

May 22, 2015
It's been a while, around 2 years since I used Gcams. I am currently trying various copies of Gcams. Many works well but it sucks is that there seems to be no config file that is for S5KGW3 sensor.

I'm having the same issue. Last week I have ordered the Mi 11 Lite 5G and when watching videos (War Thunder for example) the lack of details in those videos is big compared to my Redmi Note 8 Pro. The screen is also slightly brighter and discoloured. That probably means we have the RGB Delta screen.

4K2K

May 22, 2015
I'm having the same issue. Last week I have ordered the Mi 11 Lite 5G and when watching videos (War Thunder for example) the lack of details in those videos is big compared to my Redmi Note 8 Pro. The screen is also slightly brighter and discoloured. That probably means we have the RGB Delta screen.

I checked and confirm that I do have delta panel. However, I cannot tell a difference when watching a video. The difference is only noticeable when reading fine text. That is compared to my previous device Honor 20 which has superb 440 ppi LCD screen.

4K2K

May 22, 2015
Hi,

I'm planning to buy a Mi 11 lite 5G.
What about battery life ?

Olivier

Battery life is highly subjective - everyone's usage patter is different.
AccuBattery Battery Health shows that my device has 3561 mah estimated capacity. And it gets me about 10h 30 min. of on screen time. Note that I do not game and use phone mainly for browsing stuff and apps that are not heavy.

pantale

Battery life is highly subjective - everyone's usage patter is different.
AccuBattery Battery Health shows that my device has 3561 mah estimated capacity. And it gets me about 10h 30 min. of on screen time. Note that I do not game and use phone mainly for browsing stuff and apps that are not heavy.
I don't use my phone too much. Currently, I have a Oneplus 5T that is almost 5 years old and I only charge it every couple of days, so I hope to do the same with this one.

dy2592

Oct 11, 2006
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8T
I don't use my phone too much. Currently, I have a Oneplus 5T that is almost 5 years old and I only charge it every couple of days, so I hope to do the same with this one.
I came from a oneplus 5T.
5T I could not get past a whole day without charging once, warp charge is still fast but still.
Mi 11 lite I can go the whole day and it charges fast if needed.

GuGuGal

Mar 9, 2017
Voeren
It has been a week since I started using this phone and here is my review:

- So light and so thin. There is no other phone like it.

- Everything is very smooth and fast.

- No heating issues. I usually take a break when I first setup a phone (large file transfer, mass installation of apps...etc.) for I do not like holding a hot chunk of glass, plastic, or aluminium. I did not experience that with this phone.

- Display quality is excellent. My last phone had deltaE score of 1.4 and I assume 11L5G is probably in that area too. In other words, near perfect white balance and color reproduction.
I am not sure if I have the pentile or the other inferior display. All I know is that it is indistinguishable from AMOLED used in S10 Plus and top notch LCD screen of my previous phone.

- Camera. It has noticeable and annoying lag in low light situation. I am not talking about dark dark settings but just indoor situation. I press the shutter then it takes a photo just when I start wondering if I did not press the shutter button. Since such shutter lag is just a strange problem I never experienced on other phones, I expect it to be fixed on next update.

- Build quality is quite good and its back panel looks very premium.

- Vibration motor is excellent. This is the one area where manufactures cut corners and I am glad it is the not case this time.

- Widevine L1 even after unlock. But you cannot install NetFlix from Playstore but APK install works fine.

Overall, I am very much pleased with this phone. If you want a phone that is light and thin, you have no other choice but to go with this one. Ever since introduction of 5G, the market kept pumping out thick and heavy phones. Xiaomi too until this phone. What's great is that this phone is not just light but comes with great CPU, display, large battery, build quality, vibration motor and everything. It would've been perfect if no shutter lag issue. I do expect the issue to be fixed since it cannot possibly be a hardware problem.

I have an issue with Bluetooth, it doesn't automatically connect to paired devices like my car (most importantly), speaker or laptop.
I have searched for a solution on Internet but couldn't find a fix. BTW same problem on my Poco F2 pro and Oppo X2pro. All are global rom.

Has anyone a solution for this problem?

Diegogcjjk

Dec 25, 2021
Guys I'm having issues with heating. Could you check your battery temperature while doing some normal app browsing? I'm getting 33-37c

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.