• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Mi 11 Lite 5G vs 5G NE?

Search This thread

Warren_Orange

Jun 2, 2011
I have huge problems with Android System taking up to 30-35% of my battery, even after full debloat and pretty much everrything, Device is 3 months old.
That sucks. I'm on the NE version. Is yours the original? Have you tried a factory reset? I don't debloat as sometimes it can cause problems. 30% must be caning your battery. Are you sure it's not a rogue app?

Last edited:
Reactions: Stickola

Stickola

Sep 11, 2021
That sucks. I'm on the NE version. Is yours the original? Have you tried a factory reset? I don't debloat as sometimes it can cause problems. 30% must be caning your battery. Are you sure it's not a rogue app?
Original 5G with 780 SoC, it's completely debloated and i did factory reset as well, had no luck. No other app is draining my battery, only Android System, dunno what it is, pretty much tried everything, i am pretty sure it is software problem...

Last edited:

SuperL0L

Jan 28, 2010
I have two questions about the NE version.

1. Is the 5G band 26 a typo? Because no phone has band 26, they all have band 28.
2. Will the NE become less hot? If yes how much?

sirgoldi

Jan 1, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
I have two questions about the NE version.

1. Is the 5G band 26 a typo? Because no phone has band 26, they all have band 28.
2. Will the NE become less hot? If yes how much?

1. No idea.
2. It will be barely any difference. Mi 11 Lite has a small casing and reduced cooling capacity due to probably also reduced cooling elements versus heavier phones. 778 instead of 780 might be a bit more power efficient especially in games due to less GPU raw power.

Maskman_101

Nov 25, 2021
I have huge problems with Android System taking up to 30-35% of my battery, even after full debloat and pretty much everrything, Device is 3 months old.
Just the processor difference, Snapdragon 778 for 11 Lite 5G and 732G for 11 Lite because of the 5G network added and storage increase to 128 for 11 Lite 5G 6GB Ram phone.

Antsu

Nov 28, 2013
NE version has better update policy (if Xiaomi won't change it's policy regarding older models) : 3 major updates and 4 years security patches.

ken218

Oct 13, 2010
London
NE version has better update policy (if Xiaomi won't change it's policy regarding older models) : 3 major updates and 4 years security patches.
But to be fair, the NE version was released in October, 2 days before official Android 12 is out. So by the time most people receive the phone, it is already 1 version behind. So it really deserve 3 major updates (not saying Xiaomi will stay true to their words though)

chaotico

Aug 29, 2015
I had Mi 11 Lite 5G with Snapdargon 780G, i sold it after 2 months battery was bad and device was overheating, now i have 11 Lite 5G NE, no overheating and little better battery. And big advantage is NE will get 3 android updates, regular only 2.

Reactions: Warren_Orange

Rainman67

Jan 21, 2013
..... but for Mi 11 Lite 5g NE until now there is no recovery (like TWRP) available. I need this for root and complete backup....

chaotico

Aug 29, 2015
It will be available soon, chinese version of this device is launching in two days, that means there will be twrp recovery and xiaomi.eu rom soon.

smudgy

Sep 29, 2012
..... but for Mi 11 Lite 5g NE until now there is no recovery (like TWRP) available. I need this for root and complete backup....
I have root. Just install magisk, patch boot img (extracted from rom d/load), then after enabling usb-debugging, fastboot flash boot patched-image-file.img. And Titanium Backup is most useful for most people imo

With Android 11 and even more so with 12, TWRP is harder/longer to develop for devices and fastboot is coming back

UdarNasiv

Dec 8, 2021
Original 5G with 780 SoC, it's completely debloated and i did factory reset as well, had no luck. No other app is draining my battery, only Android System, dunno what it is, pretty much tried everything, i am pretty sure it is software problem...
I had the same problem. I realized it was because of an app, in my case Notify Buddy. It kept the phone awake, so it appeared like Android System was the cause of draining. But as soon as I removed the auto start permission from that app everything was back to normal. So try and remove the auto start permission from your apps, one by one, and see if it gets better.

Top Liked Posts