Question Mi 11 Lite or Redmi Note 10 Pro?

Search This thread

R-O-B

Nov 10, 2017
I'm lost between these two smartphones, both have almost the same price and the same specs except the main camera and the screen, which one to choose between the two?

Sunnykha

Nov 20, 2016
I'm lost between these two smartphones, both have almost the same price and the same specs except the main camera and the screen, which one to choose between the two?
For me what will tilt the balance is size and weight, where mi 11 lite is lighter and smaller. Besides Mi 11 lite doesn't have a dedicated SD card slot.

R-O-B

Nov 10, 2017
For me what will tilt the balance is size and weight, where mi 11 lite is lighter and smaller. Besides Mi 11 lite doesn't have a dedicated SD card slot.

The Mi 11 Lite supports microSD expansion cards!
Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 09.33.37.png

flipp0

Jun 2, 2013
I use Mi 10T Pro as a daily driver. Bought a Redmi Note 10 Pro one month ago but sold it after one week. Great phone for the price but it still left me cold for some reason. I have now made an order of 11 Lite 4G. I dont't think the camera on 11 Lite is that much worse. Watched a camera comparison on youtube and they were more oss less on par. The great thing about 11 Lite is the smaller and nicer form factor. Will update when I get the phone later this week.

N00b@andr0id

Apr 18, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
Im am making a switch from IOS to android. I have ordered a Mi 11 lite (after some research). And I have joined this forum(looks really cool place to hangout). Main reason being the customization options and availability of open source apps. I plan to ungoogle (unChina perhaps) the phone to my liking. Really inspired by a wolfgang's video on the topic. Hopeful that a major custom rom (like lineage or omni) gets released for Mi 11 lite soon.

Reactions: the_lzxman

the_lzxman

Im am making a switch from IOS to android. I have ordered a Mi 11 lite (after some research). And I have joined this forum(looks really cool place to hangout). Main reason being the customization options and availability of open source apps. I plan to ungoogle (unChina perhaps) the phone to my liking. Really inspired by a wolfgang's video on the topic. Hopeful that a major custom rom (like lineage or omni) gets released for Mi 11 lite soon.
Yeah... Hope will have twrp and many custom rom 😀😀😀

flipp0

Jun 2, 2013
I use Mi 10T Pro as a daily driver. Bought a Redmi Note 10 Pro one month ago but sold it after one week. Great phone for the price but it still left me cold for some reason. I have now made an order of 11 Lite 4G. I dont't think the camera on 11 Lite is that much worse. Watched a camera comparison on youtube and they were more oss less on par. The great thing about 11 Lite is the smaller and nicer form factor. Will update when I get the phone later this week.
I would like to revise my statement above. Got a Mi 11 Lite 4G two days ago. It was a bit disappointing. It feels a bit cheap to be honest. Further, the punchole is bigger and more intrusive compared to N10Pro. Not a big fan of Note 10 Pro but I still think that phone felt a bit better. Also got a Poco F3 and that phone feels great. Better build quality and haptics than both 11 Lite and Note 10 Pro and way faster and more fluid. Mi 11 Lite feels like a typical midrange phone whereas F3 almost feels like a full-fledged flagship. Did not expect such a large difference between F3 and Mi 11 Lite. I also thought that F3 would feel like a faster Note 10 Pro. However, F3 feels way better than Note 10 Pro (as I remember that phone).

Last edited:
Reactions: abhipanthi

N00b@andr0id

Apr 18, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
I would like to revise my statement above. Got a Mi 11 Lite 4G two days ago. It was a bit disappointing. It feels a bit cheap to be honest. Further, the punchole is bigger and more intrusive compared to N10Pro. Not a big fan of Note 10 Pro but I still think that phone felt a bit better. Also got a Poco F3 and that phone feels great. Better build quality and haptics than both 11 Lite and Note 10 Pro and way faster and more fluid. Mi 11 Lite feels like a typical midrange phone whereas F3 almost feels like a full-fledged flagship. Did not expect such a large difference between F3 and Mi 11 Lite. I also thought that F3 would feel like a faster Note 10 Pro. However, F3 feels way better than Note 10 Pro (as I remember that phone).
Thank you for sharing your experience. I haven't used any other phones you mentioned, in fact, this (xiaomi 11 lite) is my first android phone that I have been using since a few hours today. Overall its been good so far. The biggest complain (or rather disappointment) is the camera. It...just... ...sucks haha. Not to say Its unusable but compared to iphone, for me its just functional and thats it. Of course there is no comparison between the two. Im just sharing my impression of it. Over all, not too bad for a first time android phone.

And speaking of android, I dont know if all android phones are like this but, Android in this phone felt like a Google heaven and a data sucking machine down to your every single heart beat. The DEFAULT CONTACT(by default I mean its a system app and I can't even delete it) app is GOOGLE. WHAT??? The default assistant is google. Basically every app is google and so many unnecessary permissions like calculator requiring microphone was there.

I really hope a custom rom come out soon because I would have to spend hours setting this thing up with just root access. And even that might not be enough. Thank you for the read.

flipp0

Jun 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. I haven't used any other phones you mentioned, in fact, this (xiaomi 11 lite) is my first android phone that I have been using since a few hours today. Overall its been good so far. The biggest complain (or rather disappointment) is the camera. It...just... ...sucks haha. Not to say Its unusable but compared to iphone, for me its just functional and thats it. Of course there is no comparison between the two. Im just sharing my impression of it. Over all, not too bad for a first time android phone.
Xiaomi used a small main camera sensor in order to reduce the camera bump on this phone. This is the reason for mediocre camera performance. However, I still think the camera is pretty good taking the low price into consideration. However, I will sell this phone now. It is a good midranger but not close enough to a flagship. The difference between using this phone vs. F3 or Mi 10T Pro are too large for my taste. The form factor is super nice but everything else feels mediocre. I don't think I ever will buy a midranger again. If one get used to the haptics and speed/fluidity of Xiaomi flagships (or Poco F3) it is very hard to settle for a phone like this.

CLS_phone

Oct 25, 2019
Hi,

Thanks a lot for the first hand experiences. I'm a light user myself and don't need/expect high (SoC) performance from a phone.

Except cost and form factor, the most important thing to me is the camera. I doubted the extra-tiny pixel on the new sensor at first, but then I saw the review at GSMArena:

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_11_lite-review-2255p5.php#image31

The details of the mosaic are very good. In fact, only a few phones can resolve the details to such level -- I found out by digging quite a few reviews in that site comparing the photo samples of the same scene.

I also saw some other reviews on Youtube with positive impressions. (And then, there will be GCam for help in the near future... )

In what aspects do you think the camera is not good?
Shutter lag? Low light?

Last edited:

CLS_phone

Oct 25, 2019
BTW, OTOH, I'm worrying about the durability of this phone, especially after seeing the broken RN10 pro in the bending test :(

I don't do that to my phones for sure, but the thinness of this phone is so attractive yet so worrying at the same time.

CLS_phone

Oct 25, 2019
Just found a teardown video of this phone, the 1st one I have encountered:

Looks like the middle frame is widened/thickened near the area of switches. Should be a good thing for the rigidity...

flipp0

Jun 2, 2013
BTW, OTOH, I'm worrying about the durability of this phone, especially after seeing the broken RN10 pro in the bending test :(

I don't do that to my phones for sure, but the thinness of this phone is so attractive yet so worrying at the same time.
Yes. I'm going to sell my Mi 11 Lite 4G. It feels a bit fragile. Poco F3 feels much sturdier in comparison. With that said, I do not care that much about bend tests. I do not think it will break when using it in everyday life.
The problem for me is subjective experience of holding a phone that feels a bit fragile. IMO Mi 11 Lite lacks a premium in-hand feel. It feels a bit cheap.

CLS_phone

Oct 25, 2019
I got your point.

To me, it's a dilemma. The sense of substantial feels good in hand, but it could also drag my pants down or skew in my pocket, LOL !

Lollauser

Jan 17, 2011
Moto G
Xiaomi Mi 4C
I got your point.

To me, it's a dilemma. The sense of substantial feels good in hand, but it could also drag my pants down or skew in my pocket, LOL !
i bought Poco X3 nfc first, very good for the price but really too heavy, it dragged my pants down ;)
Then bought Mi 11 lite on a temporary sale (189€ in Italy), and sold the X3.
Weight it's not directly related to the real phone hardness, let's consider that the more weight the more risk of breaking when it falls on the ground, for obvious physical reasons.
For that price of course there is no match, Mi 11 lite is a best buy, it's real problem is the actual street price.
Actually, i definitely love it, and look forward for twrp and aosp roms, and a dedicated gcam mod, to get the most out of it :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

And speaking of android, I dont know if all android phones are like this but, Android in this phone felt like a Google heaven and a data sucking machine down to your every single heart beat. The DEFAULT CONTACT(by default I mean its a system app and I can't even delete it) app is GOOGLE. WHAT??? The default assistant is google. Basically every app is google and so many unnecessary permissions like calculator requiring microphone was there.

I really hope a custom rom come out soon because I would have to spend hours setting this thing up with just root access. And even that might not be enough. Thank you for the read.
    The Mi 11 Lite supports microSD expansion cards!
    View attachment 5277769
    Yes it has but, it uses same slot as SIM. So you cant use two SIMS at a time, if you use SD card.