Question mi 11 touch sensitivity and ui issues

Search This thread

stoiangmarius

Sep 16, 2008
Bucuresti
Also having problems with the touch screen. The back button often doesn't work. - I have to press it twice. The home button used to launch the Google Assistant, like I was holding it, but I just press it once - disabled hold to bring Google Assistant. Also, when notifications bar is down, in the upper left or right corner the response is odd, I have to press it twice, or more to work. I am thinking it has to do with the "Ignore accidental touch on the edges" - this I tried with the preset settings, ended up using "custom" and set it to the lowest - about this - any idea ho can I disable? On the screen I have the screen protector that came with the phone - I will peel it of to see if it's any difference.

RoyAndroids

Dec 8, 2012
Can you link a good screen protector?

There is still not many adequate screen protectors for Mi 11 around. I ordered and just got this one: https://www.giztop.com/imak-high-clear-soft-hydrogel-iii-screen-protector-for-xiaomi-mi-11-2pcs.html
Otherwise, I found these as potentially suitable as well:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-04-11-34-48-141_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-04-11-34-48-141_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    660.3 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: PandaKiller

wolus666

Jul 17, 2015
Hi Guys. I bought the mi11 2 weeks ago and I am having touchscreen issues in the place where fingerprint sensor is.
Anyone has the same issue or my device is faulty?.

The easiest way to check is trying to scroll webpage in that place or using "touch screen test" app by Siriuth.
Also coming from Oneplus 7T this phone despite the great spec feel like unfinished piece with notification bugs and the home button needing to be clicked multiple times to get to home screen from an app.

I

PandaKiller

Sep 21, 2008
Lisboa / Leiria
I feel kind of the same. The touch sensitivity is making me crazy. The touch screen of my old OnePlus 5 let me work with gloves, with Mi 11 it's impossible. I need to take them to use the phone...
Does anyone kowns a way to increase the touch sensibility?

hpsauce37

Sep 10, 2010
I'm on 12.0.5 global and still have the touchscreen issue. It's persistently there and ruins the user experience. Such a shame as loved most other things on the device but I will be returning it while I can as this problem seems to have been reported for some time and no fix in sight. Swapping for the find X3 pro

Reactions: Wahoux

piskr

Sep 17, 2007
Hi Guys. I bought the mi11 2 weeks ago and I am having touchscreen issues in the place where fingerprint sensor is.
Anyone has the same issue or my device is faulty?.

The easiest way to check is trying to scroll webpage in that place or using "touch screen test" app by Siriuth.
Also coming from Oneplus 7T this phone despite the great spec feel like unfinished piece with notification bugs and the home button needing to be clicked multiple times to get to home screen from an app.

I
Try stable beta V12.5.3.0.RKBCNXM. Much better regarding fingerprint, touches and battery.

Wahoux

Jun 22, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 11
The issue with the home button is that if you tap very slightly under the button (and not exactly at the center of the button), it will just do an animation but won't go to homescreen.

The issue appeared since Android 11 update on MIUI, 5 months ago on my previous Poco F2 Pro. Already reported this issue (and some others) many times, but still no fix from those du***ss.

Also, i don't want to use fullscreen gesture as you can't use a third party launcher with fullscreen gesture and also, when you use stock MIUI launcher, animations stays at x1 even if you change them at x0.5 in devs settings. You must use a third party launcher to get x0.5 working. MIUI launcher is easily the worst launcher i have ever seen, you nearly can't customize anything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm on 12.0.5 global and still have the touchscreen issue. It's persistently there and ruins the user experience. Such a shame as loved most other things on the device but I will be returning it while I can as this problem seems to have been reported for some time and no fix in sight. Swapping for the find X3 pro
    yeah.. just that it bothers me because the ui is crappy.. and the notification quick reply looks pretty bad, though its working fine but the UI hurts my eyes hahaha.. my miui is v12.0.3 i'm from ph not sure when the 12.5 updates will be released. Hopefully soon.
    All I can tell you is that the notifications and quick reply under 12.5 is definitely better. However, I can only speak for xiaomi.eu. I can't say what it looks like in the global version.
    I keep my fingers crossed that MIUI 12.5 will be officially released soon 👍🏼
    I bought a Mi 11 to replace my OnePlus 5 and there are a few things that are making crazy compared to OP5:
    - Fingerprint sensor fails too many times, this is really bad
    - I bought a tempered galss but the fingerprint sensor did not work with it...
    - Touch sensitivity with thick gloves is just impossible, the same gloves worked with my old OP5...
    - Touch buttons that hide some times and is very arde to make them shows up

Mi 11 have many great features that I love, but having this issues, sometimes make me want to get my 4 years old OnePlus 5.
    Recently bought Mi 11 phone.. I am encountering major issues on the touch sensitivity of the screen and also the Notification UI has issues..

The Messages and Messenger "quick ball" UI also has problems. Am I the only one experiencing these issues? Can the
    MIUI 12.5 update fix these issues? i'm getting frustrated right now, having to buy an over-rated phone with very noticeable issues. :(
    My Mi 11 with xiaomi.eu 12.5 has zero touch problems.
    What is the "quick ball" UI?
    Can you take a screenshot
    I understand. You use bubbles. I tried too. With skype. Doesn't really work. And honestly? Nobody needs it either. The normal notifications with the reply function are sufficient.
    Does any one got ghost touch in some conditions?
    This past weekend I went to a forest that was full of Pine tree dust and my screen was having random ghost touches.
    Also does anyone tried some tempered glass screen protector and check if fingerprint still works?
    Yeah I do... i read somewhere that the UI issues were due to incompatibilities of android 11 to MIUI.. i hope the MIUI update this April can solve all these issues..
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone