• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question MI 11 ULTRA CN NOTIFICATIONS

Search This thread
I just got my hands on the mi 11 ultra, few days back I made the switch from oneplus 7 Pro.
my major concern right now is notifications from Instagram, Whatsapp & messenger.
So far I have tried, Battery restrictions, auto start, lock app from recent taps & active notification (from developer options)
however I am still unable to get instant notifications on idle screen. sometimes the notifications are delayed by few minutes or they wait for my attention (till i unlock the phone or open the particular app)
since I run an ecommerce business these notifications are crucial for me.
Kindly if anyone has been successful do share what worked for you?

Reactions: tomtomalarcon
I just got my hands on the mi 11 ultra, few days back I made the switch from oneplus 7 Pro.
my major concern right now is notifications from Instagram, Whatsapp & messenger.
So far I have tried, Battery restrictions, auto start, lock app from recent taps & active notification (from developer options)
however I am still unable to get instant notifications on idle screen. sometimes the notifications are delayed by few minutes or they wait for my attention (till i unlock the phone or open the particular app)
Try disabling Smart Scenes (Settings > Battery > wheel icon > Scenarios)

Reactions: abdallahmemon
Unlock your bootloader and flash global rom. Best rom for 11 ultra.
I switch between china stable, eu, and now global. No bug and great performance

Reactions: Berserker900

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Global Rom is super performing as well as chinese especially if you play with root. Obviously chinese rom is kore advanced as it works under different regulations and also more updated

Unfortunately, I have never rooted or changed ROMs on any of my android phone. hence unfamiliar with the procedure to do so. Just based of my research I think to use another ROM unlocking the Bootloader & rooting is required & by doing so, I will loss out on a lot of local (middle east-KSA) apps which are of essential use to me.

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
Unfortunately, I have never rooted or changed ROMs on any of my android phone. hence unfamiliar with the procedure to do so. Just based of my research I think to use another ROM unlocking the Bootloader & rooting is required & by doing so, I will loss out on a lot of local (middle east-KSA) apps which are of essential use to me.
If you flash the eu ROM all the banking, payment and finance apps work fine

With root or without

1st: change to global rom, same miui, but for global users, only need to unlock bootloader, no need to root
2nd: u will not lose any apps (dont know what u r talking about)

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Did you try to give full permission to Google play services and Google services framework? Also allow autostart to it. Check if by doing so whatsapp start working as intended. Afaik whatsapp relies on Google play services to function properly. On Global rom Google play services is a system app on china is a user app, the problem is that

Did you try to give full permission to Google play services and Google services framework? Also allow autostart to it. Check if by doing so whatsapp start working as intended. Afaik whatsapp relies on Google play services to function properly. On Global rom Google play services is a system app on china is a user app, the problem is that
Couldn't find auto start or permissions for both google play services and services framework.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm also on MIUI CN ROM 12.5.12

MIUI does two things with app notifications (even before 12.5.12):

• It defaults to not showing notifications on the lock screen and when using the device (i.e. seeing them appear onscreen) - two settings require changing:

- To make notifications appear onscreen - In the application's app settings (do this by long-pressing on the app, and choosing "App Info"). Then, tap "Notifications", and scroll to the bottom. You'll need to tap each category choosing "Don't show notifications at all, then "Show all notifications, and their contents", followed by choosing "Allow floating notifications", then under "On the lock screen", tap it, then choose "Show all notifications and their contents".

- To make notifications appear on the lockscreen, tap "Permissions", then "Show on lock screen", choosing "Always allow".

I've found that 12.5.12 has issues related to mobile data and Wi-Fi - that is, if you have opened apps, and they are running in the background, you'll only get notifications on time if you have mobile data enabled - wifi means they'll be delayed, or only show up once mobile data is switched to.

That said, I've purged the Google Services Framework cache, and cleared all data. I've then re-installed the affected apps, and re-done the notification settings as noted above, and have found things to be behaving.

The reason why I've re-installed them is because each app uses a unique, non-visible notifications ID to receive notifications, and re-installing the app allows a new one to be obtained quicker and notifications to be received (typically within minutes to hours, whenever the next notification is sent by the app developer, as opposed to the app server relying on the old non-existent ID, and you waiting days - which Google Service Framework holds and utilises to present notifications to you). When you clear Google Services Framework, you temporarily stop apps from being able to receive notifications, hence why I speed up the "re-reception" process by uninstalling and reinstalling the apps I really need notifications from, as opposed to waiting for things to "come right".

I've already submitted a bug report to Xiaomi in Mandarin (with diagnostic logs) regarding this issue.

I've found them to be pretty responsive to be fair - the "Repair Mode" English text was all messed up, and they fixed it in 12.5.12, so it is now legible again, as an example.
    Are there any downs of eu rom? Should i consider moving from global to eu?
    I don't particularly care about netflix to be honest. I could do without it.
    Just stay at global if u dont have any problem with it. Eu have lọt of small bug, but it bases on CN ROM so update time will be faster than global
    I found some other settings under
    Mobile network settings - advance settings - extreme mode ( disabled that )
    Also i see i have the most issues, if all actually, while I'm connected to the WiFi.
    So i searched under WLAN - WLAN assistant - traffic mode ( disabled that as well )
    So far so good , i even enabled the always on display to see if it makes any difference.
    Will see how it goes .

Cheers !
    Alex

Le:
    I also have a pihole on the network that is doing some filtering . I have only the default list active.
    Will try to see if that is to blame as well ( as far as I know there are some rules that are blocking the Xiaomi services that are trying to contact the mother ship :) but not exactly sure )
    Very easy buddy, just use miflash if you don't know how to use it, later on I will give you a step by step guide
    Try disabling Smart Scenes (Settings > Battery > wheel icon > Scenarios)