• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question MI 11 ULTRA CN NOTIFICATIONS

Search This thread

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Downloading right now. if you could share the guide that would be awesome!!
That's fine

After installed miflash you need to log in with the mi account bind to your device.

Next step is to fix the checkpoint error, you then go to settings on the up left and leave the item "checkpoint" blank.

Then when you download the fastboot rom you have a .tgz archive, you need to extract the content with a zip extractor like 7zip, you then will have a .gz arvhive, you need to extract the content again. You will have a folder.

Connect you device into fastboot mode and refresh to see if it is recognized

If so now browse and select that folder

On the bottom make sure to select "clean all" on the right of that you will see "flash_all.bat" is selected, now simply click on flash on the top right and wait for the process to complete device will reboot automatically, first start will take a little more time.

In the event of antiroll back error let me now I have a workaround for that

Cheers

Reactions: abdallahmemon
Downloading right now. if you could share the guide that would be awesome!!
Here is the official guide
(open in desktop mode browser or use PC)
And for anti rollback error, just go to rom folder after decompressed, if u plant to flash all and dont relock bl, look for file flash_all.bat,if u want flash all and relock, look for bat file with relock. Then edit the bat file with notepad, find all lines without fastboot command at the 1st place and delete it. Save file and continue flash using miflash

/only relock bl if u flash your phone original rom

Last edited:
Reactions: abdallahmemon

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Absolutely don't relock your bootloader mate, only if you are flashing the original rom your phone came preinstalled with, otherwise you may create a possible brick

Reactions: hungragezone

Jhonxs

Apr 15, 2013
Hello,

I'm on 12.5.12 original CN ROM.
Since the latest update i too I'm having issues with notifications not popping up when the screen is closed, moreover even if i don't open the app for quite some time I miss notifications.

This behavior was not present before this last update.
I suspect a more aggressive batter saving procedure is in place.

So far i disabled sleep mode under scenarios and rechecked permissions of the app that I'm using the most ( Whatsapp, Teams, Outlook , Gmail etc )
I was having them on no restriction option under battery optimization.
I just switched them to MIUI batter saver recommended and have the notifications as important.

Will see how it goes and report the feedback.

Cheers !

Hello,

I'm on 12.5.12 original CN ROM.
Since the latest update i too I'm having issues with notifications not popping up when the screen is closed, moreover even if i don't open the app for quite some time I miss notifications.

This behavior was not present before this last update.
I suspect a more aggressive batter saving procedure is in place.

So far i disabled sleep mode under scenarios and rechecked permissions of the app that I'm using the most ( Whatsapp, Teams, Outlook , Gmail etc )
I was having them on no restriction option under battery optimization.
I just switched them to MIUI batter saver recommended and have the notifications as important.

Will see how it goes and report the feedback.

Cheers !
Hey!

Do let us know what results you see!!

Cydian Rain

Sep 13, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I'm also on MIUI CN ROM 12.5.12

MIUI does two things with app notifications (even before 12.5.12):

• It defaults to not showing notifications on the lock screen and when using the device (i.e. seeing them appear onscreen) - two settings require changing:

- To make notifications appear onscreen - In the application's app settings (do this by long-pressing on the app, and choosing "App Info"). Then, tap "Notifications", and scroll to the bottom. You'll need to tap each category choosing "Don't show notifications at all, then "Show all notifications, and their contents", followed by choosing "Allow floating notifications", then under "On the lock screen", tap it, then choose "Show all notifications and their contents".

- To make notifications appear on the lockscreen, tap "Permissions", then "Show on lock screen", choosing "Always allow".

I've found that 12.5.12 has issues related to mobile data and Wi-Fi - that is, if you have opened apps, and they are running in the background, you'll only get notifications on time if you have mobile data enabled - wifi means they'll be delayed, or only show up once mobile data is switched to.

That said, I've purged the Google Services Framework cache, and cleared all data. I've then re-installed the affected apps, and re-done the notification settings as noted above, and have found things to be behaving.

The reason why I've re-installed them is because each app uses a unique, non-visible notifications ID to receive notifications, and re-installing the app allows a new one to be obtained quicker and notifications to be received (typically within minutes to hours, whenever the next notification is sent by the app developer, as opposed to the app server relying on the old non-existent ID, and you waiting days - which Google Service Framework holds and utilises to present notifications to you). When you clear Google Services Framework, you temporarily stop apps from being able to receive notifications, hence why I speed up the "re-reception" process by uninstalling and reinstalling the apps I really need notifications from, as opposed to waiting for things to "come right".

I've already submitted a bug report to Xiaomi in Mandarin (with diagnostic logs) regarding this issue.

I've found them to be pretty responsive to be fair - the "Repair Mode" English text was all messed up, and they fixed it in 12.5.12, so it is now legible again, as an example.

Last edited:

Jhonxs

Apr 15, 2013
Thanks for the detailed investigation @Cydian Rain !

I've followed the steps highlighted by you and will post my feedback.
So far, what i've done earlier helped but i was missing some messages still ( not as many as before the changes tough )

I'm guessing that upgrading to a rather major version requires some aps to be reinitialized .

Cheers !
ALex

Reactions: hungragezone

Cydian Rain

Sep 13, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
@Jhonxs It shouldn't require apps needing to be uninstalled and reinstalled - though this is the nature of Android, I guess. So heavily customisable from ROM to ROM, that you get issues like this occurring.

As an aside, when I was on iOS, and restored from a backup, turned out the app retained the old Firebase ID, and now two app instances shared that app ID, so I got no notifications, and one of the devs had to step in to remove the conflicting IDs entirely - after a reinstall, and some test notifications, all was good again, so it isn't only Android that experiences this issue! 🙂

P.S. If anyone is getting a "Can't send positioning SMS" error notification, or "Can't activate message call sync" error notification, let me know - I have a workaround that may help.

Reactions: Jhonxs

Jhonxs

Apr 15, 2013
Hello again,

I actually have this issues with activating sms service error ( or something similar ) on one of my sim cards ( SMS works perfectly fine, i know that is something to do with xiaomi service or something, some feature ) .
I'm using dual sim cards and on the other operator it activates just fine also the roaming is working fine as well ( don't know if this matters )
On my xiaomi mi9 it works without an issue on both sim's same operators, same sim cards

I'm in the EU if that matters.

Thanks,
Alex

Here is the official guide
(open in desktop mode browser or use PC)
And for anti rollback error, just go to rom folder after decompressed, if u plant to flash all and dont relock bl, look for file flash_all.bat,if u want flash all and relock, look for bat file with relock. Then edit the bat file with notepad, find all lines without fastboot command at the 1st place and delete it. Save file and continue flash using miflash

/only relock bl if u flash your phone original rom
I have got all the files required as per the guide, hesitant to go ahead with to be honest. Also as an estimate how long would it take?

Should i wait on Xiaomi to fix this on CN with the next update is all I am wondering rn!

I have got all the files required as per the guide, hesitant to go ahead with to be honest. Also as an estimate how long would it take?

Should i wait on Xiaomi to fix this on CN with the next update is all I am wondering rn!
Flash take about 5 mins as I remember correctly
I saw that some body tell that xiaomi stop pushing new 12.5 miui to mi 11 ultra to focus on Android 12. So u should go with it

Flash take about 5 mins as I remember correctly
I saw that some body tell that xiaomi stop pushing new 12.5 miui to mi 11 ultra to focus on Android 12. So u should go with it
I have to wait 168 hours for bootloader to be unlocked :(
For now can i keep the phone aside while I wait? and Use my oneplus for the next 7 days? Some people say i shouldn't remove the simcard!!

• It defaults to not showing notifications on the lock screen and when using the device (i.e. seeing them appear onscreen) - two settings require changing:

- To make notifications appear onscreen - In the application's app settings (do this by long-pressing on the app, and choosing "App Info"). Then, tap "Notifications", and scroll to the bottom. You'll need to tap each category, and then choose "Allow floating notifications", then under "On the lock screen", tap it, then choose "Show all notifications and their contents".

- To make notifications appear on the lockscreen, tap "Permissions", then "Show on lock screen", choosing "Always allow".

I've found that 12.5.12 has issues related to mobile data and Wi-Fi - that is, if you have opened apps, and they are running in the background, you'll only get notifications on time if you have mobile data enabled - wifi means they'll be delayed, or only show up once mobile data is switched to.

That said, I've purged the Google Services Framework cache, and cleared all data. I've then re-installed the affected apps, and re-done the notification settings as noted above, and have found things to be behaving.

The reason why I've re-installed them is because each app uses a unique, non-visible notifications ID to receive notifications, and re-installing the app allows a new one to be obtained quicker and notifications to be received (typically within minutes to hours, whenever the next notification is sent by the app developer, as opposed to the app server relying on the old non-existent ID, and you waiting days - which Google Service Framework holds and utilises to present notifications to you). When you clear Google Services Framework, you temporarily stop apps from being able to receive notifications, hence why I speed up the "re-reception" process by uninstalling and reinstalling the apps I really need notifications from, as opposed to waiting for things to "come right".

I've already submitted a bug report to Xiaomi in Mandarin (with diagnostic logs) regarding this issue.

I've found them to be pretty responsive to be fair - the "Repair Mode" English text was all messed up, and they fixed it in 12.5.12, so it is now legible again, as an example.
May i ask if your notifications are working normally now?
Currently Im in global rom, notification works well

Jhonxs

Apr 15, 2013
I found some other settings under
Mobile network settings - advance settings - extreme mode ( disabled that )
Also i see i have the most issues, if all actually, while I'm connected to the WiFi.
So i searched under WLAN - WLAN assistant - traffic mode ( disabled that as well )
So far so good , i even enabled the always on display to see if it makes any difference.
Will see how it goes .

Cheers !
Alex

Le:
I also have a pihole on the network that is doing some filtering . I have only the default list active.
Will try to see if that is to blame as well ( as far as I know there are some rules that are blocking the Xiaomi services that are trying to contact the mother ship :) but not exactly sure )

doribak

Feb 21, 2016

- To make notifications appear onscreen - In the application's app settings (do this by long-pressing on the app, and choosing "App Info"). Then, tap "Notifications", and scroll to the bottom. You'll need to tap each category, and then choose "Allow floating notifications", then under "On the lock screen", tap it, then choose "Show all notifications and their contents".

I'm experiencing exactly that! When Wifi will be switched off all of a sudden all the notifications show up at once...

Cydian Rain

Sep 13, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I'm experiencing exactly that! When Wifi will be switched off all of a sudden all the notifications show up at once...
So, time for an update, I guess :)

After I purged the Google Services Framework, and having monitored things over the past 48-72 hours, notifications now seem to be functioning normally - I have an iPad that gets notifications from the same apps I have on my Ultra – cross-checked the notification times on both devices, and they matched. I suspect that either: a) the current version of GSF has had a bug introduced to it regarding notifications, or b) more likely, there's a bug that's been introduced with 12.5.12.0

Have you done what I did regarding notifications, yet?

If so, has this worked for you?

Anyone else? Interested to hear back!

Top Liked Posts

I've upgraded to 12.5.17, and have found "Repair Mode" under "My Device" is now missing, even if you search for it in Settings, and tap the result, it isn't there. (Yes, bug report in Mandarin filed).

Regarding notifications, I've downloaded an app called "Push Notification Assistant", gave it autostart, locked it, and set no restriction on battery saver. I set it to poll every ten minutes, it appears that if a data connection goes idle, then all this nonsense results.

All is now stable, however, I am thinking of switching manufacturers, as I cannot guarantee that this won't break again in future.
    It's just a temporary solution
    The real problem is the system itself. Because it's CN rom so they dont care about other global app. I am in global now and never regret to flash back to it
    Can't believe it's October and people are still trying to use the Chinese Rom outside china and complaining about it not working properly 🤣

- To make notifications appear onscreen - In the application's app settings (do this by long-pressing on the app, and choosing "App Info"). Then, tap "Notifications", and scroll to the bottom. You'll need to tap each category choosing "Don't show notifications at all, then "Show all notifications, and their contents", followed by choosing "Allow floating notifications", then under "On the lock screen", tap it, then choose "Show all notifications and their contents".

Also i see i have the most issues, if all actually, while I'm connected to the WiFi.
    So i searched under WLAN - WLAN assistant - traffic mode ( disabled that as well )
    So far so good , i even enabled the always on display to see if it makes any difference.
    Will see how it goes .

Cheers !
    Alex

Le:
    I also have a pihole on the network that is doing some filtering . I have only the default list active.
    Will try to see if that is to blame as well ( as far as I know there are some rules that are blocking the Xiaomi services that are trying to contact the mother ship :) but not exactly sure )
    Are there any downs of eu rom? Should i consider moving from global to eu?
    I don't particularly care about netflix to be honest. I could do without it.
    Just stay at global if u dont have any problem with it. Eu have lọt of small bug, but it bases on CN ROM so update time will be faster than global
    Thanks for the detailed investigation @Cydian Rain !

I've followed the steps highlighted by you and will post my feedback.
    So far, what i've done earlier helped but i was missing some messages still ( not as many as before the changes tough )

I'm guessing that upgrading to a rather major version requires some aps to be reinitialized .

Cheers !
    ALex
    Can't believe it's October and people are still trying to use the Chinese Rom outside china and complaining about it not working properly 🤣

Are there any downs of eu rom? Should i consider moving from global to eu?
    I don't particularly care about netflix to be honest. I could do without it.
    Just stay at global if u dont have any problem with it. Eu have lọt of small bug, but it bases on CN ROM so update time will be faster than global
    Will see how it goes .

Cheers !
    Alex

Le:
    Very easy buddy, just use miflash if you don't know how to use it, later on I will give you a step by step guide
    I just got my hands on the mi 11 ultra, few days back I made the switch from oneplus 7 Pro.
    my major concern right now is notifications from Instagram, Whatsapp & messenger.
    So far I have tried, Battery restrictions, auto start, lock app from recent taps & active notification (from developer options)
    however I am still unable to get instant notifications on idle screen. sometimes the notifications are delayed by few minutes or they wait for my attention (till i unlock the phone or open the particular app)
    since I run an ecommerce business these notifications are crucial for me.
    Kindly if anyone has been successful do share what worked for you?
    Try disabling Smart Scenes (Settings > Battery > wheel icon > Scenarios)