• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question MI 11 ULTRA CN NOTIFICATIONS

Search This thread

Cydian Rain

Sep 13, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Can u explain again your detail solution please?
What do you need me to explain again? :) What it basically came down to was, was deleting the data in the Google Service Framework ("Clear cache" and "Clear Data"), reboot, and reinstall the apps that you need to receive notifications again from ASAP - this includes setting notification permissions so that they appear in the notification shade, and on your lock screen (detailed in my solution).

Be aware that purging Google Services Framework and rebooting means you'll need to remove your Google account from your device, and re-add it, otherwise the Play Store won't function correctly.

Reactions: hungragezone
What do you need me to explain again? :) What it basically came down to was, was deleting the data in the Google Service Framework ("Clear cache" and "Clear Data"), reboot, and reinstall the apps that you need to receive notifications again from ASAP - this includes setting notification permissions so that they appear in the notification shade, and on your lock screen (detailed in my solution).

Be aware that purging Google Services Framework and rebooting means you'll need to remove your Google account from your device, and re-add it, otherwise the Play Store won't function correctly.

So, that's all u did?
Let me try to explain from beginning:
- From clean CN rom, open Get app app and download playstore
- Open playstore and login to your google acc
- Download all app u need, and open to configure it
- Clear cache and Data of Google Service Framework, reboot phone
- Uninstall apps u need to make notifications work then reinstall them again
- If u want notification on your lockscreen or shade, re-configure the noti options

Am i right?

Jhonxs

Apr 15, 2013
One other thing that I've tried yesterday.
I installed the latest APK for Google play services from APK mirror.

I have WhatsApp backup automatically set to be done early in the morning.
When I woke up I saw that Whatsapp backup was frozen at checking google backup step.

As i previously know, Whatsapp is dependant on Google drive to synchronize.
Checking google drive i saw that it was crashing.
I cleared all data , unninstalled google drive and installed it back but it was still crashing.

I then remembered the update that i made and went to Google play services and selected "uninstall updates" option in the app settings.

As soon as I did that a lot of notifications started to appear , for some other applications as well ( Gmail, teams, outlook etc ).

In conclusion you may want to check this as well on your phone.
I haven't had any issues with notifications after doing this .
This is the current version that I'm using.
Also i cleared the data for the other google related aps and services .
Mind you i also reinstalled Whatsapp and other aps without any particular improvement on the notifications.
I suspect the google services are very sensitive on this CN ROM.
I believe I've read somewhere that is not indicated to update the google related aps from the CN MIUI store. Maybe some can confirm or infirm this.

Thanks and sorry for the lengthy post

Attachments

• IMG_20210923_150943.jpg
    IMG_20210923_150943.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: speedtripler
One other thing that I've tried yesterday.
I installed the latest APK for Google play services from APK mirror.

I have WhatsApp backup automatically set to be done early in the morning.
When I woke up I saw that Whatsapp backup was frozen at checking google backup step.

As i previously know, Whatsapp is dependant on Google drive to synchronize.
Checking google drive i saw that it was crashing.
I cleared all data , unninstalled google drive and installed it back but it was still crashing.

I then remembered the update that i made and went to Google play services and selected "uninstall updates" option in the app settings.

As soon as I did that a lot of notifications started to appear , for some other applications as well ( Gmail, teams, outlook etc ).

In conclusion you may want to check this as well on your phone.
I haven't had any issues with notifications after doing this .
This is the current version that I'm using.
Also i cleared the data for the other google related aps and services .
Mind you i also reinstalled Whatsapp and other aps without any particular improvement on the notifications.
I suspect the google services are very sensitive on this CN ROM.
I believe I've read somewhere that is not indicated to update the google related aps from the CN MIUI store. Maybe some can confirm or infirm this.

Thanks and sorry for the lengthy post
I think after download playstore from Get app
U dont need to install any google services manually. They are auto installed by google play

Cydian Rain

Sep 13, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
So, that's all u did?
Let me try to explain from beginning:
- From clean CN rom, open Get app app and download playstore
- Open playstore and login to your google acc
- Download all app u need, and open to configure it
- Clear cache and Data of Google Service Framework, reboot phone
- Uninstall apps u need to make notifications work then reinstall them again
- If u want notification on your lockscreen or shade, re-configure the noti options

Am i right?

Pretty much, all you need to remember is, you’ll need to remove your Google account once you “Delete all data” and “Clear Cache” from Google Services Framework, and re-add it. To do so, open the Play Store, and sign in. Otherwise, Play Store won’t function correctly until you do.

To remove, go to "Settings"> "Accounts & Sync", tap your Google account, then tap “More…”, at the bottom, then “Remove Account”.

Reactions: hungragezone
Pretty much, all you need to remember is, you’ll need to remove your Google account once you “Delete all data” and “Clear Cache” from Google Services Framework, and re-add it. To do so, open the Play Store, and sign in. Otherwise, Play Store won’t function correctly until you do.

To remove, go to "Settings"> "Accounts & Sync", tap your Google account, then tap “More…”, at the bottom, then “Remove Account”.
I read again your previous post. And can i ask u last question: do i need to clear cache of google services framework to make notification works normally?

Cydian Rain

Sep 13, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I read again your previous post. And can i ask u last question: do i need to clear cache of google services framework to make notification works normally?
Yes, that is correct - I had to do this a few times to have notifications work correctly, just FYI. Each time, I chose "Clear Cache", then " Clear All Data", then uninstalled and reinstalled the apps I needed notifications from ASAP.

Yes, that is correct - I had to do this a few times to have notifications work correctly, just FYI. Each time, I chose "Clear Cache", then " Clear All Data", then uninstalled and reinstalled the apps I needed notifications from ASAP.
I just flash back china rom yesterday, and will wait at least 1 week to see that notification works or not. Missed a lot of notifications in 1 day :(

Cydian Rain

Sep 13, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I just flash back china rom yesterday, and will wait at least 1 week to see that notification works or not. Missed a lot of notifications in 1 day :(
Make sure you remember to enable notifications for each app, by pressing and holding on the app, choosing "App Info", then scrolling down to the notification categories, tapping them, and choosing " Show all notifications, and their contents" for each category.

Also, enable lock screen notifications under the app's permissions, autostart, and lock the application (tap three bars icon at bottom of screen and hold down on the app, tap the lock icon tat appears) - it'll stop MIUI killing the app, and set Battery Saver in the app's MIUI settings to "No restrictions" :)

Last edited:
Make sure you remember to enable notifications for each app, by pressing and holding on the app, choosing "App Info", then scrolling down to the notification categories, tapping them, and choosing " Show all notifications, and their contents" for each category.

Also, enable lock screen notifications under the app's permissions, autostart, and lock the application (tap three bars icon at bottom of screen and hold down on the app, tap the lock icon tat appears) - it'll stop MIUI killing the app, and set Battery Saver in the app's MIUI settings to "No restrictions" :)
Almost all of my apps auto set to show all noti, and i dont think "enable lock screen notifications under the app's permissions" is neccesary. That permission is quiet useless

Soane28

Aug 19, 2021
I have had the notification issues on and off since updating to enhanced version, and finally the following solution appears to have fixed this issue properly (receiving all notifications from all Google apps instantly as they come through): Download and install the latest APK of Google Play Services (21.33.14). Once installed, clear all data and cache from every Google app including Google Play Store, Services and Framework (also ensure these are up to date on latest versions). Restart your phone and it should work.

I have had the notification issues on and off since updating to enhanced version, and finally the following solution appears to have fixed this issue properly (receiving all notifications from all Google apps instantly as they come through): Download and install the latest APK of Google Play Services (21.33.14). Once installed, clear all data and cache from every Google app including Google Play Store, Services and Framework (also ensure these are up to date on latest versions). Restart your phone and it should work.
Nice, i will try it
Thanks for your suggesstion

/just check again, my google services framework already at 21.33.14

Last edited:

Soane28

Aug 19, 2021
Try clearing all data and cache from every Google app, check Play Store and Framework are also up to date and see if that changes. If not, I have also done the following (which didn't work but might work in conjunction with the above): WLAN, WLAN Assistant, Traffic mode OFF. Sim Cards & Mobile Networks, Advanced Settings, Extreme Mode OFF. Fingers crossed.

Try clearing all data and cache from every Google app, check Play Store and Framework are also up to date and see if that changes. If not, I have also done the following (which didn't work but might work in conjunction with the above): WLAN, WLAN Assistant, Traffic mode OFF. Sim Cards & Mobile Networks, Advanced Settings, Extreme Mode OFF. Fingers crossed.
I tried clear all data and cache of google app, restart, remove and add again google account back (to make play store works again). But messenger and zalo still didn't show notifications :(
Do u turn off Sleep mode in Scenarios?

Last edited:

Cydian Rain

Sep 13, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
When you say "every Google app", do you mean ones specifically made by Google, or every app on your device? Just checked, and my Play Services is 21.36.14 - this issue has returned, but not sure if due to that. Is yours still working correctly a few hours later (i.e. now)?

Soane28

Aug 19, 2021
When you say "every Google app", do you mean ones specifically made by Google, or every app on your device? Just checked, and my Play Services is 21.36.14 - this issue has returned, but not sure if due to that. Is yours still working correctly a few hours later (i.e. now)?
Every Google app (Play Store, Services, Framework) then all apps with notification issues that rely on Google to function. For me it was Whatsapp, Facebook and FB Messenger.

Once I installed latest version of Google Play Services APK, I still had issues. It was only until I cleared all data and caches for each app after the install then restarted phone that it worked successfully.

Notifications have been coming in on time all day so far from every app I had issues with. Hoping it doesn't change as this is the best result I have got since updating to enhanced version.

Reactions: RoughNeck1971

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found some other settings under
    Mobile network settings - advance settings - extreme mode ( disabled that )
    Also i see i have the most issues, if all actually, while I'm connected to the WiFi.
    So i searched under WLAN - WLAN assistant - traffic mode ( disabled that as well )
    So far so good , i even enabled the always on display to see if it makes any difference.
    Will see how it goes .

Cheers !
    Alex

Le:
    I also have a pihole on the network that is doing some filtering . I have only the default list active.
    Will try to see if that is to blame as well ( as far as I know there are some rules that are blocking the Xiaomi services that are trying to contact the mother ship :) but not exactly sure )
    Are there any downs of eu rom? Should i consider moving from global to eu?
    I don't particularly care about netflix to be honest. I could do without it.
    Just stay at global if u dont have any problem with it. Eu have lọt of small bug, but it bases on CN ROM so update time will be faster than global
    @Jhonxs It shouldn't require apps needing to be uninstalled and reinstalled - though this is the nature of Android, I guess. So heavily customisable from ROM to ROM, that you get issues like this occurring.

As an aside, when I was on iOS, and restored from a backup, turned out the app retained the old Firebase ID, and now two app instances shared that app ID, so I got no notifications, and one of the devs had to step in to remove the conflicting IDs entirely - after a reinstall, and some test notifications, all was good again, so it isn't only Android that experiences this issue! 🙂

P.S. If anyone is getting a "Can't send positioning SMS" error notification, or "Can't activate message call sync" error notification, let me know - I have a workaround that may help.
    I have to wait 168 hours for bootloader to be unlocked :(
    For now can i keep the phone aside while I wait? and Use my oneplus for the next 7 days? Some people say i shouldn't remove the simcard!!
    Yeah, just use your phone normally, dont change sim card
    Can't believe it's October and people are still trying to use the Chinese Rom outside china and complaining about it not working properly 🤣
    I'm also on MIUI CN ROM 12.5.12

MIUI does two things with app notifications (even before 12.5.12):

• It defaults to not showing notifications on the lock screen and when using the device (i.e. seeing them appear onscreen) - two settings require changing:

- To make notifications appear onscreen - In the application's app settings (do this by long-pressing on the app, and choosing "App Info"). Then, tap "Notifications", and scroll to the bottom. You'll need to tap each category choosing "Don't show notifications at all, then "Show all notifications, and their contents", followed by choosing "Allow floating notifications", then under "On the lock screen", tap it, then choose "Show all notifications and their contents".

- To make notifications appear on the lockscreen, tap "Permissions", then "Show on lock screen", choosing "Always allow".

I've found that 12.5.12 has issues related to mobile data and Wi-Fi - that is, if you have opened apps, and they are running in the background, you'll only get notifications on time if you have mobile data enabled - wifi means they'll be delayed, or only show up once mobile data is switched to.

That said, I've purged the Google Services Framework cache, and cleared all data. I've then re-installed the affected apps, and re-done the notification settings as noted above, and have found things to be behaving.

The reason why I've re-installed them is because each app uses a unique, non-visible notifications ID to receive notifications, and re-installing the app allows a new one to be obtained quicker and notifications to be received (typically within minutes to hours, whenever the next notification is sent by the app developer, as opposed to the app server relying on the old non-existent ID, and you waiting days - which Google Service Framework holds and utilises to present notifications to you). When you clear Google Services Framework, you temporarily stop apps from being able to receive notifications, hence why I speed up the "re-reception" process by uninstalling and reinstalling the apps I really need notifications from, as opposed to waiting for things to "come right".

I've already submitted a bug report to Xiaomi in Mandarin (with diagnostic logs) regarding this issue.

I've found them to be pretty responsive to be fair - the "Repair Mode" English text was all messed up, and they fixed it in 12.5.12, so it is now legible again, as an example.
    Are there any downs of eu rom? Should i consider moving from global to eu?
    I don't particularly care about netflix to be honest. I could do without it.
    Just stay at global if u dont have any problem with it. Eu have lọt of small bug, but it bases on CN ROM so update time will be faster than global
    I found some other settings under
    Mobile network settings - advance settings - extreme mode ( disabled that )
    Also i see i have the most issues, if all actually, while I'm connected to the WiFi.
    So i searched under WLAN - WLAN assistant - traffic mode ( disabled that as well )
    So far so good , i even enabled the always on display to see if it makes any difference.
    Will see how it goes .

Cheers !
    Alex

Le:
    I also have a pihole on the network that is doing some filtering . I have only the default list active.
    Will try to see if that is to blame as well ( as far as I know there are some rules that are blocking the Xiaomi services that are trying to contact the mother ship :) but not exactly sure )
    Very easy buddy, just use miflash if you don't know how to use it, later on I will give you a step by step guide
    I just got my hands on the mi 11 ultra, few days back I made the switch from oneplus 7 Pro.
    my major concern right now is notifications from Instagram, Whatsapp & messenger.
    So far I have tried, Battery restrictions, auto start, lock app from recent taps & active notification (from developer options)
    however I am still unable to get instant notifications on idle screen. sometimes the notifications are delayed by few minutes or they wait for my attention (till i unlock the phone or open the particular app)
    since I run an ecommerce business these notifications are crucial for me.
    Kindly if anyone has been successful do share what worked for you?
    Try disabling Smart Scenes (Settings > Battery > wheel icon > Scenarios)