• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question MI 11 ULTRA CN NOTIFICATIONS

Search This thread

Soane28

Aug 19, 2021
I tried clear all data and cache of google app, restart, remove and add again google account back (to make play store works again). But messenger and zalo still didn't show notifications :(
Do u turn off Sleep mode in Scenarios?
Yes, Sleep Mode under Scenarios in battery settings must be turned OFF. This includes no restrictions in battery settings for every app that requires google to function.

It's not necessary for this, but it is if you want app notifications on your lock screen once this mess we're all in has been sorted out.
Yes, Sleep Mode under Scenarios in battery settings must be turned OFF. This includes no restrictions in battery settings for every app that requires google to function.

this mess make me so sick

after turn off scenarios, put no restriction to every apps that i need noti, their notifications come back.
But i dont like this temporary solution at all. I only come back to CN rom because of battery life, global is not good at all.

Reactions: Soane28

Cydian Rain

Sep 13, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Every Google app (Play Store, Services, Framework) then all apps with notification issues that rely on Google to function. For me it was Whatsapp, Facebook and FB Messenger.

Once I installed latest version of Google Play Services APK, I still had issues. It was only until I cleared all data and caches for each app after the install then restarted phone that it worked successfully.

Notifications have been coming in on time all day so far from every app I had issues with. Hoping it doesn't change as this is the best result I have got since updating to enhanced version.
Ah, OK. I ended up uninstalling all updates to the Play Services APK, and forbidding auto-updates for the time being. Will purge data and caches on the apps, and keep an eye on things...
this mess make me so sick

after turn off scenarios, put no restriction to every apps that i need noti, their notifications come back.
But i dont like this temporary solution at all. I only come back to CN rom because of battery life, global is not good at all.
I agree completely. I ended up uninstalling all Google Play Services updates (searched for it in System Apps, then tapped "Uninstall Updates"), and deleting all data from the apps I wanted to get notifications from, and doing the same to Play Store, Google Services Framework and Google Play Services. Once that was done, I rebooted my phone, re-added my Google account, then in Play Store settings, made sure auto-updates over WiFi were off. (See Soane28's reply to me).

Now, things look to be behaving, but I am keeping my eye on this. And to think things were rock-solid before 12.5 Enhanced... We're not asking for much, just our notifications.

Last edited:
Ah, OK. I ended up uninstalling all updates to the Play Services APK, and forbidding auto-updates for the time being. Will purge data and caches on the apps, and keep an eye on things...

I agree completely. I ended up uninstalling all Google Play Services updates (searched for it in System Apps, then tapped "Uninstall Updates"), and deleting all data from the apps I wanted to get notifications from, and doing the same to Play Store, Google Services Framework and Google Play Services. Once that was done, I rebooted my phone, re-added my Google account, then in Play Store settings, made sure auto-updates over WiFi were off. (See Soane28's reply to me).

Now, things look to be behaving, but I am keeping my eye on this. And to think things were rock-solid before 12.5 Enhanced... We're not asking for much, just our notifications.
Ahh, dont know how long i can live with this shiet bug,so tired.
Xiaomi stop pushing miui 12.5 update so this problem will stay for very long time zzz
And my life without normal notification is so sad. Should come back to global 🙄

doribak

Feb 21, 2016
This is so annoying on so many levels, can't believe we buy such an expensive phone and deal with this crap.

I'm going back to Samsung at the moment there's a new phone.

Soane28

Aug 19, 2021
Just as an FYI, I've submitted a very detailed bug report to Xiaomi in Mandarin, with logs.
Perfect. I submitted a bug report awhile ago but I doubt it was clear given I only speak English. The more reports sent the better.

It is really unacceptable that we can't even get notifications. Problem is I'm unable to switch as I just spent alot on getting the Ultra and most people in my country wouldn't buy a CN model. So I need to make this work...

Cydian Rain

Sep 13, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Perfect. I submitted a bug report awhile ago but I doubt it was clear given I only speak English. The more reports sent the better.

It is really unacceptable that we can't even get notifications. Problem is I'm unable to switch as I just spent alot on getting the Ultra and most people in my country wouldn't buy a CN model. So I need to make this work...
Totally understand your feelings: I go China ROM for a few reasons, some of which are the storage capacity (512GB vs 256GB) and call recording feature, plus faster updates.

A few versions ago, I had Spotify controls disappear, and one screen was untranslated from Mandarin - a bug report for both, with logs and screenshots had them both solved in the next update. They are quite responsive - and I suspect because this is happening on the CN ROM, non-GMS users are also just as impacted as we are. Time will tell - your notifications still holding up? I've had to purge all data for some apps a few times since doing what I did last night.

Soane28

Aug 19, 2021
Totally understand your feelings: I go China ROM for a few reasons, some of which are the storage capacity (512GB vs 256GB) and call recording feature, plus faster updates.

A few versions ago, I had Spotify controls disappear, and one screen was untranslated from Mandarin - a bug report for both, with logs and screenshots had them both solved in the next update. They are quite responsive - and I suspect because this is happening on the CN ROM, non-GMS users are also just as impacted as we are. Time will tell - your notifications still holding up? I've had to purge all data for some apps a few times since doing what I did last night.
Sadly, after 24 hours I've noticed notifications have dropped again (Gmail, Facebook). So seems this is only a temporary fix...

Soane28

Aug 19, 2021
Out of curiosity, would you know what framework Xiaomi uses in China to deliver notifications, seeing as GMS is banned on the Mainland?
No idea sorry. I assume this is why notifications are not playing ball on Google dependent apps. Either way, you would expect the use of Google apps if you travelled overseas for example. Hoping for update soon....

Cydian Rain

Sep 13, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
No idea sorry. I assume this is why notifications are not playing ball on Google dependent apps. Either way, you would expect the use of Google apps if you travelled overseas for example. Hoping for update soon....
You and me both 🙂 AFAIK, they happen about once every three months - it might be sooner. Also raises the question of whether EU ROM Enhanced has this bug, too. And if it does... Oh boy...

mervs2402

Sep 29, 2021
I don' think the notification is an issue here. The issue I think is phone switching off internet access to apps when the phone is idle or the app goes into idle. Because when an sms is send to my phone, there is no delay in the notification even when it has been idle. While the phone is being charged, I notice that notifications work well, because the phone is kinda not sleeping i think.
Also I have read in the mi community about people complaining about the same issue on a Poco F2 pro and the issues was almost a year ago. That post ended with no solution even though it was active until last month. This problem is pretty serious and quite a major factor to my disappointing experience of owning a MIUI phone.

I don' think the notification is an issue here. The issue I think is phone switching off internet access to apps when the phone is idle or the app goes into idle. Because when an sms is send to my phone, there is no delay in the notification even when it has been idle. While the phone is being charged, I notice that notifications work well, because the phone is kinda not sleeping i think.
Also I have read in the mi community about people complaining about the same issue on a Poco F2 pro and the issues was almost a year ago. That post ended with no solution even though it was active until last month. This problem is pretty serious and quite a major factor to my disappointing experience of owning a MIUI phone.

Before Enhanced update, everything works normally, its the point
and SMS app is a system app of MIUI and will never be affected by any battery saver method. And the problem doesn't happen with china app, only global app with gsf

Reactions: Cydian Rain

Cydian Rain

Sep 13, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Before Enhanced update, everything works normally, its the point
and SMS app is a system app of MIUI and will never be affected by any battery saver method. And the problem doesn't happen with china app, only global app with gsf
Exactly. Before Enhanced, everything was fine. Now, we have this (annoying) issue. Still haven't heard what this "adb" method supposedly is, though.

lakhobim

Mar 1, 2020
If they talking about this adb command
dumpsys deviceidle disable (prevent device from deep sleep)
I already try not working still notification not coming when phone is idle and screen is off

Cydian Rain

Sep 13, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Have you tried what Soane28 did, plus what I described?

Also, make sure DND (Do Not Disturb) mode is not active - notifications will appear in the notification shade if that is the case - they will appear only on the lock screen if the app permission of "Show on lock screen" is set to "Always allow" - to do this, press and hold on the app, and tap "App info".

(Lock screen notifications will display whether or not DND is active, so long as you permit the app to display notifications on the lock screen).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm also on MIUI CN ROM 12.5.12

MIUI does two things with app notifications (even before 12.5.12):

• It defaults to not showing notifications on the lock screen and when using the device (i.e. seeing them appear onscreen) - two settings require changing:

- To make notifications appear onscreen - In the application's app settings (do this by long-pressing on the app, and choosing "App Info"). Then, tap "Notifications", and scroll to the bottom. You'll need to tap each category choosing "Don't show notifications at all, then "Show all notifications, and their contents", followed by choosing "Allow floating notifications", then under "On the lock screen", tap it, then choose "Show all notifications and their contents".

- To make notifications appear on the lockscreen, tap "Permissions", then "Show on lock screen", choosing "Always allow".

I've found that 12.5.12 has issues related to mobile data and Wi-Fi - that is, if you have opened apps, and they are running in the background, you'll only get notifications on time if you have mobile data enabled - wifi means they'll be delayed, or only show up once mobile data is switched to.

That said, I've purged the Google Services Framework cache, and cleared all data. I've then re-installed the affected apps, and re-done the notification settings as noted above, and have found things to be behaving.

The reason why I've re-installed them is because each app uses a unique, non-visible notifications ID to receive notifications, and re-installing the app allows a new one to be obtained quicker and notifications to be received (typically within minutes to hours, whenever the next notification is sent by the app developer, as opposed to the app server relying on the old non-existent ID, and you waiting days - which Google Service Framework holds and utilises to present notifications to you). When you clear Google Services Framework, you temporarily stop apps from being able to receive notifications, hence why I speed up the "re-reception" process by uninstalling and reinstalling the apps I really need notifications from, as opposed to waiting for things to "come right".

I've already submitted a bug report to Xiaomi in Mandarin (with diagnostic logs) regarding this issue.

I've found them to be pretty responsive to be fair - the "Repair Mode" English text was all messed up, and they fixed it in 12.5.12, so it is now legible again, as an example.
    Are there any downs of eu rom? Should i consider moving from global to eu?
    I don't particularly care about netflix to be honest. I could do without it.
    Just stay at global if u dont have any problem with it. Eu have lọt of small bug, but it bases on CN ROM so update time will be faster than global
    I found some other settings under
    Mobile network settings - advance settings - extreme mode ( disabled that )
    Also i see i have the most issues, if all actually, while I'm connected to the WiFi.
    So i searched under WLAN - WLAN assistant - traffic mode ( disabled that as well )
    So far so good , i even enabled the always on display to see if it makes any difference.
    Will see how it goes .

Cheers !
    Alex

Le:
    I also have a pihole on the network that is doing some filtering . I have only the default list active.
    Will try to see if that is to blame as well ( as far as I know there are some rules that are blocking the Xiaomi services that are trying to contact the mother ship :) but not exactly sure )
    Very easy buddy, just use miflash if you don't know how to use it, later on I will give you a step by step guide
    I just got my hands on the mi 11 ultra, few days back I made the switch from oneplus 7 Pro.
    my major concern right now is notifications from Instagram, Whatsapp & messenger.
    So far I have tried, Battery restrictions, auto start, lock app from recent taps & active notification (from developer options)
    however I am still unable to get instant notifications on idle screen. sometimes the notifications are delayed by few minutes or they wait for my attention (till i unlock the phone or open the particular app)
    since I run an ecommerce business these notifications are crucial for me.
    Kindly if anyone has been successful do share what worked for you?
    Try disabling Smart Scenes (Settings > Battery > wheel icon > Scenarios)