• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Mi 11 Ultra Dead screen

Search This thread

topfreitas

Oct 10, 2010
Barcelona
Hello all,

I've been using my MI 11 ultra with the Xiaomi.eu latest stable version for months and never had any issue. Today, I was making a videocall on Whatsapp, and after hanging up the phone, the screen just turned black and never came back.

I tried to reboot on fastbook/recovery, but seems like the screen is just dead. Things that I tried.

- Plug in the phone charger (nothing happens)
- Force restart phone by holding the power button (It makes a little vibration like it's rebooting, but nothing happens after this)
- If I connect my phone to my laptop, it detects the phone as MTP, but I can't do anything with it.
- I tried to list device through ADB, but I doesn't appear in the list.

I have no clue what to do, at the moment it died, I wasn't doing anything special, I thought It would be because of the heat, but the phone wasn't hot.

It's really weird. Is there anything else I can do? Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance!

fustyler

Sep 19, 2013
has anyone sent the phone back to china for screen repair during the warranty period? Wonder how the process works.

hassanaliyeh

Apr 3, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Warranty with Eu. rom?! highly doubtful.

if you can fastboot your device, i'd suggest that you install original rom. (DONT LOCK BOOTLOADER). then jump to fastboot again and lock your bootloader. then send it for warranty. I don't think you'll need the screen to do that.

dont worry about device access and boot inside, doesnt matter.

topfreitas

Oct 10, 2010
Barcelona
Thank you all for the answers.

I stil have my last breath of hope, I found someone who had a similar issue with an Mi 11 => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/black-screen-on-mi-11-ultra.63498/

I wasn't expecting it for this phone, you never expect this kind of weird issue from a 1k phone hahaha. It never happened to me and I've been flashing my Xiaomi devices since 2010 :p

I'll try one last time, the back screen is not responding neither and as far as i know, they have different video controllers and since my computer can recognize it, I still have some hope.

This issue got me on vacation in the middle of the rain forest, and as you can imagen, internet here goes really slow.

I'm trying to download all the stuff that I need and once i have it, I'll try to restore my phone. I'll update you all with the results :)

Thanks in advance!

topfreitas

Oct 10, 2010
Barcelona
Hey all,

After fastboot, nothing changed :( unfortunately, I think I'll need to send it to warranty.

thank you all for the help

LAST_krypton

Hello all,

I've been using my MI 11 ultra with the Xiaomi.eu latest stable version for months and never had any issue. Today, I was making a videocall on Whatsapp, and after hanging up the phone, the screen just turned black and never came back.

I tried to reboot on fastbook/recovery, but seems like the screen is just dead. Things that I tried.

- Force restart phone by holding the power button (It makes a little vibration like it's rebooting, but nothing happens after this)
- If I connect my phone to my laptop, it detects the phone as MTP, but I can't do anything with it.

I have no clue what to do, at the moment it died, I wasn't doing anything special, I thought It would be because of the heat, but the phone wasn't hot.

Thank you in advance!
I had similar problems on my samsung galaxy a12. I flashed older fimware and the screen would just not work, it would be pitch black 24/7 no matter what I have done. I had to blindly enter in to odin_mode and flash new fimware. Similar thing is for you, try blindly booting in to fastboot or what ever you and flash the orginal ROM and don't use EU one because they probably wount accept it with in the warranty. AND UNDER NO CONDITION, DO NOT RE-LOCK THE BOOTLOADER

Reactions: topfreitas

topfreitas

Oct 10, 2010
Barcelona
Hello all,

I have fresh, happy and weird update!

I was decided to send my phone to service center, I was just waiting to come back to Spain from my vacation, meantime, my phone was between my clothes since my last update.

Today I took it again while I was packing my things and voila! Screen is working again 😂😂😂

My guess is that after taking a heavy rain, it got wet somehow (I say this because it supposed to be waterproof) and this caused the screen issue (3 days after the my rainy day).

Leaving the phone between my clothes, it my helped to dry out any water that could have leaked inside and phone is working again.

So, what I learned from this experience, never trust the waterproof certificate, hahahha.

I think once I'm back home, I'll put the phone on the water and try make the issue happen again, then send it to the SAT.

Thank you all!

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
Hello all,

I was decided to send my phone to service center, I was just waiting to come back to Spain from my vacation, meantime, my phone was between my clothes since my last update.

Today I took it again while I was packing my things and voila! Screen is working again 😂😂😂

My guess is that after taking a heavy rain, it got wet somehow (I say this because it supposed to be waterproof) and this caused the screen issue (3 days after the my rainy day).

Leaving the phone between my clothes, it my helped to dry out any water that could have leaked inside and phone is working again.

So, what I learned from this experience, never trust the waterproof certificate, hahahha.

I think once I'm back home, I'll put the phone on the water and try make the issue happen again, then send it to the SAT.

Thank you all!
Warranty doesn't cover water damage as far as I know

You might be safer not trying to repeat the experiment

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,

Thank you all!
    I think it's time to take your phone to service center...
    Hello all,

Thank you in advance!
    I had similar problems on my samsung galaxy a12. I flashed older fimware and the screen would just not work, it would be pitch black 24/7 no matter what I have done. I had to blindly enter in to odin_mode and flash new fimware. Similar thing is for you, try blindly booting in to fastboot or what ever you and flash the orginal ROM and don't use EU one because they probably wount accept it with in the warranty. AND UNDER NO CONDITION, DO NOT RE-LOCK THE BOOTLOADER