General Mi 11 Ultra EU 12.5.3 very happy

Search This thread

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
Guys whatsapp was loading ****ty slow, as well as tapatalk, I had 3 apps installed as personal, chinese themes lead to chinese characters, yes rom had some nice feature,but nothing I can't live without, both rom can be debloated and I find xiaomi eu full of useless stuff as well.
Deleted

Last edited:

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
Lot of xiaomi services for example, I never understand why custom roms come with so much stuff preinstalled, they should leave just basic services and leave the user the ability to install the app and services they want. If they want to keep services and stuff they could still make different versions of the same rom
Those services are necessary for a functional device

You can go nuclear and remove the dialer and the calculator and calendar and the sms app but then you need to replace those with some alternative anyway if you want a working device....

Adb can uninstall anything you don't like tho but In reality if you never use the xiaomi calculator or other things mentioned , it will never consume any battery power or significant space

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
Hey, i wanted to change from Global 12.5.7 to EEA, but it didn't work, even fastboot didn't take.

Is there a guide how to do it?
Yes there are guides on line. The reason fastboot didn't work is there is anti roll back code in the BAT files and the people at Xiaomi always have different version numers on there roms. For example, the CN rom is now on 12.5.7, but the EEA rom is on 12.5.3 and the Global rom is now on 12.5.2. remove the anti rollback code from flash all.bat file in any of these roms and you can install them.

pafc66

Oct 13, 2014
I have 12.5.7 EU rom and the camera is still hit and miss. HDR isn't as stable as Samsung's s21 ultra. It still underexposes badly even in bright daylight. Hopefully theres a camera update soon.

Reactions: Afg Playa

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
Whatever happened to this imaginary update that included the rear display to work during video recording?
It isn't imaginary. It is currently available on the (beta) weekly version of the CN rom. It's also available on the weekly Xiaomi.eu custom rom that is based on the CN rom, but all Chinese script is removed and Google services are baked in. It's just not available on EEA, Global or Indo roms yet.

Lo_RaT_PeNaT

Aug 5, 2008
Valencia

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-28-12-16-24-171_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-28-12-16-24-171_com.android.updater.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 57

Monipeev

Apr 22, 2010
Sofia
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
What about 12.5.4 with Camera improvement?
It is confusing to go directly to the higher version 12.5.6 if it does not include the improvements from 12.5.4
Change log - "What's new"- Notification flashed in some cases.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey,
    So after being impressed for almost a year with the mi 10 ultra, I got myself the 11 Ultra yesterday. Bought in the Netherlands.

Immediately there was an update to 12.5.3 and installed and transfered everything.

After reading here I really thought I was gonna get the same hassle (bugs) and the need to install the EU custom ROM.
    But after about 24 hours of use I noticed.
    0 bugs
    0 annoyances
    The phone doesn't really get hot. Except maybe when I play league of legends on 120fps and 2k screen.

No notification bugs, battery seems decent. Camera amazing..
    Anyone else just having a great experience? I don't think I see the need to flash the custom ROM.

I know the list of featured if the custom ROM seems long but I haven't noticed anything different from my 10 ultra custom EU rom.
    I don't recommend to install the Xiaomi eu rom as it is not optimized for mi 11 ultra, apps load slower and since it is based on chinese rom it has chinese themes (if you like ur writings in chinese go for it), battery life is more or less the same, if you need to root I still suggest unlock your bootloader, if coming from standard global, unlocking your bootloader will allow you to update to the EEA firmware which is already based on the 12.5.3
    It is optimized as it virtually the same rom as the China rom, minus the bloat and Google services added in. There are features not available in the EEA rom that are in the China rom or the EU rom, such as, video recording using the rear display on 21.6.9 or the ability to record your calls, which is also not available on the EEA rom. These features are not available on the global rom either. So if you are a vlogger/content creator, the Xiaomi.eu rom is probably your best option.
    I would take the mi 11 ultra over any phone.. and the global rom is pretty good
    Original 12.5.3 EEA has some problems:

date on the rear display is shown as mm/dd even if the locale setting is dd/mm.
    The date is correct in all the other parts of the UI (ex the lock screen)

Bluetooth smart unlock works only with Mi Bands. Doesn't work even with Mi Watch Lite and Xiaomi Handset Basic that I own.
    Of course it doesn't work with any no-Xiaomi-made bluetooth devices (quite annoying indeed)

The Google dialer (the Xiaomi dialer is no longer available) has no call recording function.

Can't hide folders from the Gallery using the .nomedia file.
    There's an awfully lot less crap installed on Eu ROM by default and mine hasn't had Chinese writing in it since...... Ever

Not a single Character
    Same here on both 10 and 11 Ultra, no Chinese. Also, how is it not optimised for the 11 ultra when it is based on the stock Chinese 11 Ultra ROM? App loading time can be many of many reasons including your own apps you install from your own selection.
    I have used the stock Chinese and Global ROMs on both Ultra's and my preference is for the EU custom ROM, I just think it has the best of all four available ROMs included and even as I use the weekly beta version, there has never been any show stoppers and any minor issues, as it is a beta version, get fixed quick. If you use a stable non EU version, you would have to wait for a few weeks to get it fixed and even longer with Global and EEA as their updates are packaged up in much fewer updates.
    But it's everyone's own choice, but this is mine.