Question Mi 11 Ultra for North America

Search This thread

VinillaIce82

Feb 20, 2022
I am interested in getting a Mi 11 Ultra, just wanted to know if this would still be a good choice now in Feb 2022. Seems like I can only get my hands on a CN version with Global Rom loaded. I will be using it in Canada. The 5G bands don't really matter to me, as long as the LTE is working I'm ok. However, I have concerns that not all features may work, such as google pay, which i use very frequently. Can anyone confirm whether or not the CN version vs the global version is the same, and whether these features will work for me in Canada?

CHeers

moswen

Sep 21, 2008
LG V20
OnePlus 7 Pro
I'm in the US using the Mi11 ultra with the Xiaomi EU ROM on the ATT network that I flashed over the Global ROM. I use Google Pay and all the apps I have used on non import phones. The Global ROM was less usable for me, for instance I couldn't sync my galaxy watch with the phone. I believe I got Google Pay working with the Global ROM but I had far more failed transactions. In short I have found this phone to deliver what I want with the eu.rom.

tensux

Nov 18, 2011
boston
i am using the global rom on t-mobile in boston. after rooting everything works fine including google pay

VinillaIce82

Feb 20, 2022
great, i've also read that the EU rom is more usable than the global one. I may jump on it and root it as well as use the EU one.

hungragezone

I'm in the US using the Mi11 ultra with the Xiaomi EU ROM on the ATT network that I flashed over the Global ROM. I use Google Pay and all the apps I have used on non import phones. The Global ROM was less usable for me, for instance I couldn't sync my galaxy watch with the phone. I believe I got Google Pay working with the Global ROM but I had far more failed transactions. In short I have found this phone to deliver what I want with the eu.rom.
Global rom is better for daily use than xiaomi.eu rom
If u want to use gpay or some banking app that check phone's unlock status, just root it with magisk and use safetynet fix module

EniGmA1987

Sep 21, 2010
I have a Mi 11 Ultra CN version unlocked and flashed to .EU ROM. It has worked great, and supports NFC payments and Netflix Widevine L1. I am not rooted, but I have heard plenty of times that you can root just fine and use a root hider (safetynet fix) from the payments apps to retain NFC payment capability.

Reactions: VinillaIce82

RafaMonares

Sep 27, 2022
I Just got mine a week ago and switched to ATT but am una le to activate the sim card and am getting no service. Anything special I need to do? Thanks for the help.

gursewak.10

Sep 16, 2013
punjab
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Working great with Bell as well as Fido. Have used Google pay in past , was working fine (only used bcoz applied for replacement card, not a gpay fan😀). Using EU ROM. I got it from pdaplaza when it released so i got CN version.
Even today in my opinion its good for buying as i like its rearview screen. Using from more than 1 year and Satisfied with its performance.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts