• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Mi 11 Ultra V12.5.7.0 Front Camera not working

Search This thread

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
i've actually addressed this above.

thanks for your reply,
my concern is not really to make sure that it's a CN model phone or not.
but my question is about the A/B partition when relocking.
yes i know this phone came with CN rom as stated by seller and i can confirm it myself, first boot, all chinese, some parts of the box are in chinese, no charger in box, and the device model is M2102K1C.

if you read the steps that i did, at 1 point, i boot TWRP via fastboot and flashed mi.eu 12.5.7.0 rom, twice even.
before i reverted back to 12.5.7.0 CN rom via fastboot miflash.
now to relock, i have to be absolutely sure no trace of mi.eu rom? is it still residing in inactive slot (because of AB partition), which will brick my phone when relocking even when official CN rom active slot?
that's what i want to know.

one thing i know is, if i relock bootloader with a rom not originally made for that device (custom rom or other region rom), it'll cause a brick.
i know i'm on the CN official rom that came with the device, but what about the inactive slot? will it affect the relocking of bootloader that can cause a brick? this is what i'm not sure of
It is a China model. The model is M2102K1C. The Global variant ends in G (M2102K1G). Just flash 12.5.7 and select the re-lock button on the lower right corner of the MiFlash tool. It does a complete format of your storage. It totally wipes all partitions. However, I'm sure if they spend several thousands of dollars, they might be able to detect through forensics that there was something else there. But it really doesn't matter, because Xiaomi allows bootloaders to be unlocked, it doesn't void your warranty.

Reactions: iceddeath

iceddeath

Sep 19, 2012
It is a China model. The model is M2102K1C. The Global variant ends in G (M2102K1G). Just flash 12.5.7 and select the re-lock button on the lower right corner of the MiFlash tool. It does a complete format of your storage. It totally wipes all partitions. However, I'm sure if they spend several thousands of dollars, they might be able to detect through forensics that there was something else there. But it really doesn't matter, because Xiaomi allows bootloaders to be unlocked, it doesn't void your warranty.
okay, thanks for the ab partition clarifications.
about the reason to relock, it's not about hiding it from xiaomi, it's more for the 3rd party seller in my country where i bought this from (mi 11 ultra is not officially available here, so 3rd party is selling chinese variant one).
the hardware issue is because of production defect, but if they see that BL is unlocked, they may accuse me of tampering that may cause the defect.
they don't really care whether xiaomi allows BL to be unlocked or not, they'll try to use it as an excuse not to exchange the phone with a working condition one.

i'll try to flash the official CN fastboot rom using flash and lock.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i've actually addressed this above.

thanks for your reply,
    my concern is not really to make sure that it's a CN model phone or not.
    but my question is about the A/B partition when relocking.
    yes i know this phone came with CN rom as stated by seller and i can confirm it myself, first boot, all chinese, some parts of the box are in chinese, no charger in box, and the device model is M2102K1C.

if you read the steps that i did, at 1 point, i boot TWRP via fastboot and flashed mi.eu 12.5.7.0 rom, twice even.
    before i reverted back to 12.5.7.0 CN rom via fastboot miflash.
    now to relock, i have to be absolutely sure no trace of mi.eu rom? is it still residing in inactive slot (because of AB partition), which will brick my phone when relocking even when official CN rom active slot?
    that's what i want to know.

one thing i know is, if i relock bootloader with a rom not originally made for that device (custom rom or other region rom), it'll cause a brick.
    i know i'm on the CN official rom that came with the device, but what about the inactive slot? will it affect the relocking of bootloader that can cause a brick? this is what i'm not sure of