Question Mi 11 Ultra VoLTE question (solved)

Search This thread

avetny

Jul 16, 2010
Private Island.

Attachments

• 23119345-C4C6-415A-AF96-1A0B925FABF0.jpeg
    23119345-C4C6-415A-AF96-1A0B925FABF0.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 198

dj_aj

Jan 2, 2007
I have the Chinese variant of the Mi 11 Ultra and by default, I was unable to see the options to enable VoLTE and VoWifi.

If you enter the following codes into the dialer, it should work:

VoLTE *#*#86583#*#*

VoWiFi/WLAN *#*#869434#*#*

These codes disable/enable carrier compatibility check. Then go into Sim Card and enable VoLTE or VoWifi.

Since VoLTE is required for RCS in Google Messages to work, enabling this also allowed for 'Chat Features' to be ready on my phone.

Quick note: I am in Canada on the Virgin Mobile Canada network.

Xiaomi-aussie

Sep 23, 2021
Same issue. Got the Chinese variant of the Mi 11 Ultra, running 12.5.12 EU ROM and I'm on Boost (Australia). I've done all the dialler codes and still no VoLTE icon. Calls drop to 3G.

hassanaliyeh

Apr 3, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
i've done a deep search regarding VOLTE on Telstra in Australia as I am facing this issue too, and I found out the following result:

This issue happened because Telstra did not share its network settings with a few companies, Xiaomi, Oneplus, and others.

On a different thread on Oneplus section, there is a way to fix it that requires root, so we add Telstra settings manually, but whenever a tiny update shows up, then we'll need to repeat it. a restart won't affect it, just an update because it replaces modified network settings file with original one.

so to summarise it, unless a software update with the new settings come up, then it won't work.

And btw, the VOLTE is working on MIUI first version of 12, and MIUI 11. but after the update, settings lost. and this is not an issue with MI 11 ultra, it is with all xiaomi and oneplus devices and a few others.

Do not waste your time on it, and just cope with what we got and be patient.

Xiaomi-aussie

Sep 23, 2021
i've done a deep search regarding VOLTE on Telstra in Australia as I am facing this issue too, and I found out the following result:

This issue happened because Telstra did not share its network settings with a few companies, Xiaomi, Oneplus, and others.

On a different thread on Oneplus section, there is a way to fix it that requires root, so we add Telstra settings manually, but whenever a tiny update shows up, then we'll need to repeat it. a restart won't affect it, just an update because it replaces modified network settings file with original one.

so to summarise it, unless a software update with the new settings come up, then it won't work.

And btw, the VOLTE is working on MIUI first version of 12, and MIUI 11. but after the update, settings lost. and this is not an issue with MI 11 ultra, it is with all xiaomi and oneplus devices and a few others.

Do not waste your time on it, and just cope with what we got and be patient.
Thanks for this information, sincerely appreciated. My only concern is Telstra turning off their 3G network by June 2024. Let's hope the issue is solved before then. Fortunately my call quality is completely fine without VoLTE at the moment as reception is good. I'm sure other providers will start turning off 3G too. A very odd issue and I'm really surprised it hasn't been fixed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the Chinese variant of the Mi 11 Ultra and by default, I was unable to see the options to enable VoLTE and VoWifi.

If you enter the following codes into the dialer, it should work:

VoLTE *#*#86583#*#*

VoWiFi/WLAN *#*#869434#*#*

These codes disable/enable carrier compatibility check. Then go into Sim Card and enable VoLTE or VoWifi.

Since VoLTE is required for RCS in Google Messages to work, enabling this also allowed for 'Chat Features' to be ready on my phone.

Quick note: I am in Canada on the Virgin Mobile Canada network.
    Anyone with T-Mobile network (US) do you have VoLTE ?
    Not T mobile but ATT I believe VoLTE is active but HD calling is not for me.
    I did this but the icons never came up.
    I'm in australia using telstra and got the china version
    I did this but the icons never came up.
    I'm in australia using telstra and got the china version
    Did you get the pop-up stating "carrier check disabled"?

Go to settings>sim card & mobile networks>select sim 1>you should see the options here.

Hope it works!