Question Mi 11 Ultra vs. Oneplus 9Pro

Search This thread

achalgurnani

Mar 27, 2021
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi there!
Apologies if this is not the right place to post this.

What do people think of the two devices? I'm curious to hear if there are people who switched from OP to Mi devices or the other way around and why.

Cheers!

Reactions: sinner1976

kuba319

Mar 6, 2012
Hi there!

What do people think of the two devices? I'm curious to hear if there are people who switched from OP to Mi devices or the other way around and why.

Cheers!
I had Xiaomi 4 years ago and since then I have been on oneplus 5t, 6t and 7 pro all the time and I really wanted to have a 9 pro but as I saw the price and the fact that these cameras, apart from good marketing, do not offer anything great, I was looking for an alternative and it was mi 11 ultra. I ordered from china and the 8gb / 256 version came out cheaper for me than the op 9 pro. Chinese rom, but it will easily flash a European one after the premiere.

For me, the advantages of oneplus are:
-minimally better screen
-oxygen os
and that's all

Xiaomi:
- the best (apparently) camera on the market
-innovative appearance
-second screen (I hope it will be useful)

achalgurnani

Mar 27, 2021
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks for sharing. The Mi 11 Ultra does look quite good even if it is a bit heavier. I think OP9Pro wins on the looks, or at least the hand feel department.

The 2nd screen is cool, but I didn't find anything in the settings when I was playing around with it in the store. So I couldn't figure out the customization and the interaction of it. It does react to touch for sure, but it was kind of useless in that situation where no notifications were coming in etc.

Ramid15@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2017
I had Xiaomi 4 years ago and since then I have been on oneplus 5t, 6t and 7 pro all the time and I really wanted to have a 9 pro but as I saw the price and the fact that these cameras, apart from good marketing, do not offer anything great, I was looking for an alternative and it was mi 11 ultra. I ordered from china and the 8gb / 256 version came out cheaper for me than the op 9 pro. Chinese rom, but it will easily flash a European one after the premiere.

For me, the advantages of oneplus are:
-minimally better screen
-oxygen os
and that's all

Xiaomi:
- the best (apparently) camera on the market
-innovative appearance
-second screen (I hope it will be useful)
even the screen is brighter on the Mi11 ultra.

for me its a no brainer, Mi 11 ultra all the way!

OP9PRO can be compared to mi 11 pro, not ultra, and still lose

kyero985

May 9, 2019
Vivo X90 Pro Plus
OnePlus 9 Pro's advantages:
  • Samsung LTPO AMOLED panel - more power efficient
  • Smaller, tidier and more discreet looking camera bump
  • Superior Ultrawide Angle lens in terms of image quality - Uses the newer and bigger 1/1.56", 1.0µm IMX766 vs Xiaomi's 1/2" 0.8µm IM586
  • Lighter - 197g vs 234g
  • Current local availability with trade-ins
  • Cleaner and default bloatfree OS
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra's advantages:
  • Brighter screen - max 1700nits
  • Slightly more responsive screen - up to 480hz touch sampling rate, good for gaming
  • Largest mains sensor on a phone since the Nokia 808 - Most reviews still pending but it's looking promising
  • Zoom is miles ahead in both videos and photo capture - 5x optical with a bigger sensor
  • Can record 1080p 60FPS on front camera and 8k on all rear sensors
  • Bigger battery
  • 67w wired + 67w wireless charging that charges equally as fast due to new battery technology
  • Gorilla Glass Victus front as opposed to GG5 on the OnePlus
  • Ceramic rear back - Defintely feels and looks more premium than glass or plastic imo
  • IR blaster if needed
  • Secondary screen depending on your use cases - Notifications, clock, answer/reject incoming phone calls, personalized logos/images to show off from your gallery
  • WiFi 6e support - nice to have future-wise
  • Cheaper/identical pricing - 12GB RAM / 256GB onboard storage costs less than OnePlus' 12GB RAM / 256GB storage offering (at least from what I've seen so far)

Bottom line: I'd recommend the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra easily!

Last edited:

dj_aj

Jan 2, 2007
Came across your thread and wanted to share my opinion.

I bought the OnePlus 9 Pro on launch day and ended up returning it.
The North American variant of the OnePlus 9 Pro is seriously lacking compared to its variants in other markets. It doesn't come with Dual-SIM capability which was a big selling feature for me personally. The screen is nice but didn't blow me away.
Mi 11 Ultra on the other hand has 1 of the best displays in the market currently in terms of quality/resolution/brightness.

I have had the OnePlus 5T since launch and it has served me well till now. The only downside of getting the Mi 11 Ultra in North America is that we may not get full 5G support. Even the global variant doesn't have most of the 5G bands used in US/Canada.

Does anybody know if Google Pay will work with either the Chinese ROM/EU ROM? The last xiaomi phone I had was the Redmi Note 4.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OnePlus 9 Pro's advantages:
    • Samsung LTPO AMOLED panel - more power efficient
    • Smaller, tidier and more discreet looking camera bump
    • Superior Ultrawide Angle lens in terms of image quality - Uses the newer and bigger 1/1.56", 1.0µm IMX766 vs Xiaomi's 1/2" 0.8µm IM586
    • Lighter - 197g vs 234g
    • Current local availability with trade-ins
    • Cleaner and default bloatfree OS
    Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra's advantages:
    • Brighter screen - max 1700nits
    • Slightly more responsive screen - up to 480hz touch sampling rate, good for gaming
    • Largest mains sensor on a phone since the Nokia 808 - Most reviews still pending but it's looking promising
    • Zoom is miles ahead in both videos and photo capture - 5x optical with a bigger sensor
    • Can record 1080p 60FPS on front camera and 8k on all rear sensors
    • Bigger battery
    • 67w wired + 67w wireless charging that charges equally as fast due to new battery technology
    • Gorilla Glass Victus front as opposed to GG5 on the OnePlus
    • Ceramic rear back - Defintely feels and looks more premium than glass or plastic imo
    • IR blaster if needed
    • Secondary screen depending on your use cases - Notifications, clock, answer/reject incoming phone calls, personalized logos/images to show off from your gallery
    • WiFi 6e support - nice to have future-wise
    • Cheaper/identical pricing - 12GB RAM / 256GB onboard storage costs less than OnePlus' 12GB RAM / 256GB storage offering (at least from what I've seen so far)

Bottom line: I'd recommend the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra easily!
    Hi there!

Cheers!
    Google Pay was working for me on Chinese Ron in Mi10 Ultra, so I don't think there should be an issue with Mi11 Ultra.
    Google pay is working on Chinese Mi11 Ultra