Question Mi 11 Ultra - Which Version to buy (EEA or Global)?

Search This thread

pwnageforever

Aug 15, 2013
Hi,
I am planning to buy the Mi 11 Ultra but I am not sure which version to get.
Since my provider (Telekom Germany) uses a 4G frequency the Chinese version does not support I could only take the global hardware version.
But as far as I have read on this forum an remember from my Mi 9 back in the days there are two different firmware versions. The normal Global and the EEA (European) version.
On my Mi 9, I remember that the Global firmware got updates faster and had a few more features than the EEA one.
Since I use some banking apps which require a passed Safetynet check I would like to avoid unlocking the bootloader to switch to the global firmware.

Has anyone already some information on which version to get and if there are differences when it comes to 5G Dynamic Spectrum Sharing support? Either I could easily order the EEA one directly from Xiaomi Germany once it is available or would have to import the Global version.

Thanks in advance for your help and recommendations.

Last edited:

hassanaliyeh

• Apr 3, 2015
    Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
    Hi,
    I am planning to buy the Mi 11 Ultra but I am not sure which version to get.
    Since my provider (Telekom Germany) uses a 4G frequency the Chinese version does not support I could only take the global hardware version.
    But as far as I have read on this forum an remember from my Mi 9 back in the days there are two different firmware versions. The normal Global and the EEA (European) version.
    On my Mi 9, I remember that the Global firmware got updates faster and had a few more features than the EEA one.
    Since I use some banking apps which require a passed Safetynet check I would like to avoid unlocking the bootloader to switch to the global firmware.

Has anyone already some information on which version to get and if there are differences when it comes to 5G Dynamic Spectrum Sharing support? Either I could easily order the EEA one directly from Xiaomi Germany once it is available or would have to import the Global version.

Thanks in advance for your help and recommendations.
    Simply, there is no EEA version of mi 11 ultra as stock, EEA firmware is not official firmware to be released out of the box and it extracted from Chinese version.

I had your thoughts as well until someone corrected me.

chistery

May 24, 2010
    London
    Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
    Simply, there is no EEA version of mi 11 ultra as stock, EEA firmware is not official firmware to be released out of the box and it extracted from Chinese version.

No, I think you are confusing EEA with EU.

EEA is an official ROM, but does appear to just be a later global version.

This is the official firmware list: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/star/

Europe is the EEA version.

pwnageforever

Aug 15, 2013

Are you sure you do not mix up the xiaomi.eu ROM (which is a rather unofficial firmware based on the official China ROM) with the official EEA firmware, which is also listed on the official firmware list for the Mi 11 Ultra here in the forum?

s3axel

Mar 4, 2013
    Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
    I'm on Vodafone Germany with a CN Mi11U which is working nice and fine, not sure which 4G bands Telekom uses, though.

If I look at the specs the CN version actually supports more bands than the EU version with the exception of B32 and B66 which is EU only....

Reactions: pwnageforever

pwnageforever

Aug 15, 2013
    I'm on Vodafone Germany with a CN Mi11U which is working nice and fine, not sure which 4G bands Telekom uses, though.

If I look at the specs the CN version actually supports more bands than the EU version with the exception of B32 and B66 which is EU only....
    The CN Version should in general also work fine for Telekom Germany even though they plan to use B32 to increase the download speed in some areas.
    But I am also not really sure how the 5G Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS) compatibility of the CN Version is since it lacks some 5G frequencies (like 900Mhz) used as anchor bands for 5G by the German Telekom. Especially since my coverage at home is 5G with 900Mhz as anchor band I do not want to risk getting the CN version.

Reactions: s3axel

Bryandu13

Mar 12, 2013
    Hi, so Antoine got an answer ? Xiaomi finally released the 11 Ultra in Europe with EEA firmware, so witch one to buy of GLOBAL or Europe model ? What's the difference between these two models ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No, I think you are confusing EEA with EU.

EEA is an official ROM, but does appear to just be a later global version.

This is the official firmware list: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/star/

Europe is the EEA version.

The CN Version should in general also work fine for Telekom Germany even though they plan to use B32 to increase the download speed in some areas.
      But I am also not really sure how the 5G Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS) compatibility of the CN Version is since it lacks some 5G frequencies (like 900Mhz) used as anchor bands for 5G by the German Telekom. Especially since my coverage at home is 5G with 900Mhz as anchor band I do not want to risk getting the CN version.