Mi 5 ROM 7.2.4.0 Global Multi LEAK [Link+Tuto]

Search This thread

nesquix

Jun 28, 2009
Cannes
This is for advanced user only.

Root not included but Google services yes. This is a stock ROM, with 50 langages included.

If you don't know what are adb command, root, TWRP, don't follow this guide.

Don't blame me if you brick your phone, kill your cat or burn your house.

For UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ONLY

To install the rom, extact the system.img and boot.img from the rar/zip in the same folder than adb.exe and fastboot.exe.

Then, reboot your phone in fastboot mode with volume down+power.

Plug in to your PC, open and cmd prompt (maintain left shift on the keyboard, right click in the adb/img folder with the mouse and select open cmd prompt here) and write :

fastboot flash system system.img

Wait 15min.....then:

fastboot flash boot boot.img

Flash TWRP with fastboot....
(fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.img)

Make a data/cache wipe in TWRP recovery

When it's done, press power for ~10sec to reboot your phone.
Wait.....(15-30min)

Set up the phone in English, and don't set your Google account immediately.
Once the setup wizard is done,
Do whatever you want.

You can also try to flash the ROM with MiFlash. I didn't tried but it should work, and will be more easier for new users.

If you wanna install root :

Flash SuperSU (last version) in TWRP.

If you can't access your sdcard, wipe the internal storage (sdcard), reboot to TWRP and wipe it again. Then, reboot... Wait... Setup your phone again. Reboot to TWRP and flash SuperSU.

Your phone got now decrypted data partition to allow TWRP flashing files.

TWRP link :

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1JX0MSsEt63d0dZeDBCWkF0Q28&usp=sharing

ROM Link :

dropbox.com/s/mqtb82dwq9n0a2i/xiaomi_mi5_multilanguage_rom_xiaomiphone_com.rar

How to unlock the bootloader tutorial :

forum.xda-developers.com/mi-5/how-to/unlocking-xiaomi-mi-5-bootloader-t3336243

IxXqbk.png

05f6rb.png

DygoQB.png

qQG3pm.png

tOIIye.png

QeTgso.png

tG7Z9z.png

Done

Last edited:

kickassdave

Oct 2, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro

nesquix

Jun 28, 2009
Cannes
There is nothing more than a official dev ROM.
I don't have any pop-up after a long idle time.
Not sure it came from system app, check your installed app please.

If you suspect something running in the background, just delete it from system/app manually or with titanium backup.

Last edited:

nesquix

Jun 28, 2009
Cannes
:-/, good luck guy. Since I don't have this problem with this ROM, I suppose someone added a bloatware on your phone before selling it.

You can install the dev ROM by the official way, your phone will be in English but you will got a clean install with root.

kickassdave

Oct 2, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
:-/, good luck guy. Since I don't have this problem with this ROM, I suppose someone added a bloatware on your phone before selling it.

You can install the dev ROM by the official way, your phone will be in English but you will got a clean install with root.
People should stop advising this as it's not true. You need an unlocked bootloader or already obtained permission in order to get root.

If you haven't yet, you get a message in the root section of the security app telling you you need to unlock the bootloader.

Sent from my MI 5 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: j2002

TheUltrametricSpace

Aug 27, 2015
Tromso
If it comes with bloatware and needs TWRP then this looks like a scam to me. And not like an official firmware

Specially, the link to the dropbox is fishy! If the "official-global firmware" exists it's on the bigota sever of Xiaomi and all you need is the direct link, it's well hidden, but possible to find with a direct link.

nesquix

Jun 28, 2009
Cannes
If it comes with bloatware and needs TWRP then this looks like a scam to me. And not like an official firmware

Specially, the link to the dropbox is fishy! If the "official-global firmware" exists it's on the bigota sever of Xiaomi and all you need is the direct link, it's well hidden, but possible to find with a direct link.
No bloatware at all on the ROM. Try and you will see. This guy have the ROM preinstalled by the seller, who probably putted some crap inside.

By the way, read the tutorial again. I said you can flash it with MiFlash too like any official ROM.

Stop being parano guys....

Last edited:

TheUltrametricSpace

Aug 27, 2015
Tromso
This is a leak of the ROM who was used for the MWC 2016.
Remember photos and videos of the event, the mi5 was multilingual. This is why the ROM is old and can't be found on miui.com...v 7.2.4.0

As said before! If it is leaked it's on bigota and accessible by the filename.
Until you can provide the link to the official XIaomi server, at least I won't risk it.

A custom ROM from an unknown source without any background information, and very little benefit isn't worth it.

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

No bloatware at all on the ROM. Try and you will see. This guy have the ROM preinstalled by the seller, who probably putted some crap inside.

By the way, read the tutorial again. I said you can flash it with MiFlash too like any official ROM.

Stop being parano guys....

It's not about being paranoid!

This could also be a custom ROM from one of the Chinese scam resellers or worse.

And it's simple if it's official, it's on bigota.d.miui.com

nesquix

Jun 28, 2009
Cannes
As said before! If it is leaked it's on bigota and accessible by the filename.
Until you can provide the link to the official XIaomi server, at least I won't risk it.

A custom ROM from an unknown source without any background information, and very little benefit isn't worth it.

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

It's not about being paranoid!

This could also be a custom ROM from one of the Chinese scam resellers or worse.

And it's simple if it's official, it's on bigota.d.miui.com
I like your positive attitude :p

I just want to help people who have difficulty with English. For me this is OK, I'm on the last dev ROM.

TheUltrametricSpace

Aug 27, 2015
Tromso

I just want to help people who have difficulty with English. For me this is OK, I'm on the last dev ROM.

The only problem I see with your topic is the official part.

You can only assume it is official, but you have no proof, no official link to the location of the file on bigota. So you do not know if it's official, knowledge you could prove. Where "I believe in bla..." doesn't require a proof.

Last edited:
Reactions: washichi

secXces_debaki

Jul 1, 2012
Ludwigshafen am Rhein
So.

I was rdy to give it a try.
It's a little de-bloated not much, but it helps to delete not 2000 Chinese Apps ( i am German)
The Version on this Shows me 7.2.4.0.0, why?
Maybe that we don't get any ota notifications or something like that?

So far it's the smoothest Rom, compared to latest Dev ( Lags for me whyever) , also to 7.2.8.

Gplay Apps are running much smoother then a manual install, don't find any background Apps which calling home or smth.

Also the battery life is for me on that awesome.
Dev -> Max 6 1/2 h SOT
7.2.8 -> Max 6 h SOT
This beauty -> 7 3/4 h SOT

Thanks for this work. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-05-17-31-43_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-05-17-31-43_com.android.settings.png
    125.2 KB · Views: 357
Reactions: nesquix

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is for advanced user only.

Root not included but Google services yes. This is a stock ROM, with 50 langages included.

If you don't know what are adb command, root, TWRP, don't follow this guide.

Don't blame me if you brick your phone, kill your cat or burn your house.

For UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ONLY

To install the rom, extact the system.img and boot.img from the rar/zip in the same folder than adb.exe and fastboot.exe.

Then, reboot your phone in fastboot mode with volume down+power.

Plug in to your PC, open and cmd prompt (maintain left shift on the keyboard, right click in the adb/img folder with the mouse and select open cmd prompt here) and write :

fastboot flash system system.img

Wait 15min.....then:

fastboot flash boot boot.img

Flash TWRP with fastboot....
    (fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.img)

Make a data/cache wipe in TWRP recovery

When it's done, press power for ~10sec to reboot your phone.
    Wait.....(15-30min)

Set up the phone in English, and don't set your Google account immediately.
    Once the setup wizard is done,
    Do whatever you want.

You can also try to flash the ROM with MiFlash. I didn't tried but it should work, and will be more easier for new users.

If you wanna install root :

Flash SuperSU (last version) in TWRP.

If you can't access your sdcard, wipe the internal storage (sdcard), reboot to TWRP and wipe it again. Then, reboot... Wait... Setup your phone again. Reboot to TWRP and flash SuperSU.

Your phone got now decrypted data partition to allow TWRP flashing files.

TWRP link :

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1JX0MSsEt63d0dZeDBCWkF0Q28&usp=sharing

ROM Link :

dropbox.com/s/mqtb82dwq9n0a2i/xiaomi_mi5_multilanguage_rom_xiaomiphone_com.rar

How to unlock the bootloader tutorial :

forum.xda-developers.com/mi-5/how-to/unlocking-xiaomi-mi-5-bootloader-t3336243

IxXqbk.png

05f6rb.png

DygoQB.png

qQG3pm.png

tOIIye.png

QeTgso.png

tG7Z9z.png

Done
    Ok i will change the topic name.

People should stop advising this as it's not true. You need an unlocked bootloader or already obtained permission in order to get root.

If you haven't yet, you get a message in the root section of the security app telling you you need to unlock the bootloader.

Sent from my MI 5 using XDA-Developers mobile app

The only problem I see with your topic is the official part.

You can only assume it is official, but you have no proof, no official link to the location of the file on bigota. So you do not know if it's official, knowledge you could prove. Where "I believe in bla..." doesn't require a proof.
    So.

I was rdy to give it a try.
    It's a little de-bloated not much, but it helps to delete not 2000 Chinese Apps ( i am German)
    The Version on this Shows me 7.2.4.0.0, why?
    Maybe that we don't get any ota notifications or something like that?

So far it's the smoothest Rom, compared to latest Dev ( Lags for me whyever) , also to 7.2.8.

Gplay Apps are running much smoother then a manual install, don't find any background Apps which calling home or smth.

Also the battery life is for me on that awesome.
    Dev -> Max 6 1/2 h SOT
    7.2.8 -> Max 6 h SOT
    This beauty -> 7 3/4 h SOT

Thanks for this work. :)