Mi 5X - Boot loop and no access to recovery or fastboot

Search This thread

Speek1984

Sep 26, 2011
Bootloader type = Oxygen (not sure if that is the proper one for the device though)
Bootloader lock = Unlocked via Xiaomi official procedure
USB Debug = Not sure, I'm starting to fear it's off though

Original issue = My phone was bricked. No sound, display or whatsoever.

What did I try?
  1. I followed an unbrick tutorial which made me flash an Oxygen firmware file. After that I get a boot loop. Mi logo and Android loading bar appears and seems to be like that continuously.
  2. I can't access either fastboot or recovery mode. If I try any of the two button combinations I don't even get the Mi logo screen. I see the backlight turn on and nothing happens.
  3. I tried flashing several fastboot roms, stock roms and firmware files I could find, flashing them with different versions of MiFlash. Except for the one I described in step 1 none of them change the situation as described in 'Original issue'.
  4. I need to use the 'test pin method' to even let the computer detect the phone in MiFlash. The phone does not get detected inADB fasboot (which makes sense, as I can't enter fastboot mode anyway).

I'm hoping someone can point me in a direction which leads me to fix my phone. I'm not sure what steps I did to even get to the point where it stopped responding in any way. It has been some time ago, but I think I flashed an Oreo firmware file just before that point.

Esemtix

Nov 27, 2021
i did tryied test point (edl mode) and i think either i connect wrong point together or my rom was wrong and my phone can not boot or show anything . when connect to charge it shows key light flashing without any picture in the screen and without any vibration after pushing power button . i either dont have acces to fastboot now . what is wrong with my phone ?

Arealhooman

i did tryied test point (edl mode) and i think either i connect wrong point together or my rom was wrong and my phone can not boot or show anything . when connect to charge it shows key light flashing without any picture in the screen and without any vibration after pushing power button . i either dont have acces to fastboot now . what is wrong with my phone ?
If you find the right points you can get into edl. Did you try a cable already?

Esemtix

Nov 27, 2021
If you find the right points you can get into edl. Did you try a cable already?
i dont know i connect right point together or not but my phone name changed when connect to pc with xiaomi fastboot installer and i gave my phone to a developer and he install a lot of roms with edl mode ,too but there is no change

janus.8x

Jul 19, 2019
Hai Phong
i did tryied edl mode and just black screen does shows. what should i do ? my phone either doesn not vibrate when connect to charge

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    boxes like flash you can connect to pc and acces more thing for connecting to your phone
    i mean i wont need anything like these except edl cable ?
    sorry i ask too many questions :(
    Nah it’s k. You still need the right files, but most of the time a edl cable can get you in.