Mi 8 hard bricked but can get into EDL - What are my options?

Search This thread

d3ck4rd

Dec 8, 2010
I have managed to brick my Mi 8, I think due to trying to flash a Chinese rom but not sure exactly what I did, I had ultimately been trying to install LineageOS.

The phone will only go into a bootloop with the Mi symbol showing, I cannot get it into recovery or bootloader by holding the buttons as normal. I have taken the back off and I think managed to get it into EDL mode by shorting the pins as I can get it to show up in MiFlash.

However where do I go from here? I cannot use Miflash because it says my account is not authorised, and I have not been able to find a hacked elf file for this phone. I have found a supposed hacked version of Miflash that bypasses the authentication however this just comes up with a load of different errors when trying to flash with this so no progress there either.

I feel like I have run out of options. Is there anything else I cant try or is this phone a goner?

d3ck4rd

Dec 8, 2010
I ended up using a paid service on Telegram where a person with a subscription to some flashing software was able to flash my phone with a ROM from EDL mode using Teamviewer, so all good now and phone is working again. If taking this route be wary of who you use for this as I am sure there are some scams out there.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone