• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

mi 8 lite bricked

Search This thread

vicioso3

Nov 10, 2010
hi everyone Sorry for my English. I have a mi 8 lite that I wanted to root to install a custom rom. And after unlocking the bootloader, I end up with a phone that has anti rollback protection. I try to install the twrp with great difficulty which I succeed but with a not clear display and the touch screen does not work. So I want to go back to a stock rom. But here I am still stuck. Cannot install a rom. That errors on miflash.
please help me

338bbbc7-d1b9-4aea-8076-23468c706926.jpg

Attachments

• 1607084493133.png
    1607084493133.png
    312 bytes · Views: 6
  • 1607084553390.png
    1607084553390.png
    312 bytes · Views: 6
Last edited:

louiscypherbr

Oct 12, 2010
São Paulo
Hello, do not sorry for your English, since it's not your mother tongue.
You have to be more specific in the description of your problem. What rom was you using? What twrp did you use? Did you follow the exactly instructions on twrp topic?
I had some problems trying twrp some time ago, then I'd tried orange fox recovery and it worked perfectly on my mi 8 lite global back on miui 9. Now I'm on 12.0.3 update and it's still running fine.

vicioso3

Nov 10, 2010
Hello, do not sorry for your English, since it's not your mother tongue.
You have to be more specific in the description of your problem. What rom was you using? What twrp did you use? Did you follow the exactly instructions on twrp topic?
I had some problems trying twrp some time ago, then I'd tried orange fox recovery and it worked perfectly on my mi 8 lite global back on miui 9. Now I'm on 12.0.3 update and it's still running fine.
Thank you for the answer. The problem is that my phone starts up with a black screen, even in fastboot. According to the tutorials, this is normal. For the twrp I took it from this page: https://tech-mizan.blogspot.com/2018/10/xiaomi-mi-8-lite-twrp-recovery.html
and followed the instructions outlined. Then I tried others. But this display problem is still present. I will try orange fox. Did you install it in fastboot or in recovery? Actually I just wanna go back to a stock

louiscypherbr

Oct 12, 2010
São Paulo
If all you need is to go back to stock, you can flash stock rom with xiaomi ADB fastboot tools. This java software can download correct rom from xiaomi for your device, and flash it in fastboot. You can download it from here:

After that, I advise you to load some custom recovery (look in dev section here on XDA) and install magisk to root your phone.