Mi 9 network/wifi stability issue

Search This thread

vincentp82

Aug 28, 2020
Hello everyone,

I just got my phone back from after sales service due to my phone been softbricked (black screen, device not charging when plugged, ...) and by phone can boot now but it's bugging as soon as i put a SIM CARD in it.
When putting the SIM CAR in, phone is loosing wifi connection every 60 seconds (approximately) even right beside the router, and for the network, i'm stuck in EDGE and no signal stability either.

It's the same SIM CARD that was in before i sent it for repair, so the issue should not come from it (and it's working fine on my old Mi5)
One change they did is that they've updated the rom to the last MIUI 12 EEA stable rom, it was still on MIUI 11 global when i've sent it.

I've already wiped it and installed again the last update but it didn't work.

I was wondering if the issue was not coming from the EEA rom instead of the global rom, but i'm unable to install it since i don't have a computer anymore that i can use for xiaomitoolV2 and since it's still under warranty i would like to avoid unlocking it.

Is this kind of issue known ? could it be only software issue ?

Thank you for your help.

vincentp82

Aug 28, 2020
I didn't install any specific app that could have modified the settings and no specific app or setup is usually required with my network provider.

kaydentc1

Feb 20, 2018
Your mom
Hello everyone,

I just got my phone back from after sales service due to my phone been softbricked (black screen, device not charging when plugged, ...) and by phone can boot now but it's bugging as soon as i put a SIM CARD in it.
When putting the SIM CAR in, phone is loosing wifi connection every 60 seconds (approximately) even right beside the router, and for the network, i'm stuck in EDGE and no signal stability either.

It's the same SIM CARD that was in before i sent it for repair, so the issue should not come from it (and it's working fine on my old Mi5)
One change they did is that they've updated the rom to the last MIUI 12 EEA stable rom, it was still on MIUI 11 global when i've sent it.

I've already wiped it and installed again the last update but it didn't work.

I was wondering if the issue was not coming from the EEA rom instead of the global rom, but i'm unable to install it since i don't have a computer anymore that i can use for xiaomitoolV2 and since it's still under warranty i would like to avoid unlocking it.

Is this kind of issue known ? could it be only software issue ?

Thank you for your help.
More than likely it's going to be software issues. Did you already any apps top modify system settings?