• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

MI 9 Stuck Loop Boot, no fastboot, no hard reset

Search This thread

v3mpire

Mar 1, 2020
Hi everyone,

Today I'm using my phone normally and suddenly the phone reboot itself. After that the phone is stucked in an insane loop boot.
Logo, Reboot, Logo, Reboot, Logo.
I tried to go to the fastboot and even in the fastboot mode, the phone enters as expected and after a few secs... reboot lol. Same for the hardmode recovery :(

The phone have the original stock Global Rom.
What should i do? Warranty?

ccapasso86

Mar 31, 2020
Hi everyone,

Today I'm using my phone normally and suddenly the phone reboot itself. After that the phone is stucked in an insane loop boot.
Logo, Reboot, Logo, Reboot, Logo.
I tried to go to the fastboot and even in the fastboot mode, the phone enters as expected and after a few secs... reboot lol. Same for the hardmode recovery :(

The phone have the original stock Global Rom.
What should i do? Warranty?

The same thing happened on my phone today.... Have you contacted support? Did you manage to solve it? (Please tell me YES)

sunripe

Apr 9, 2007
I have same problem since today. Have you fixed the problem?

I had this morning the same problem, phone turn off by itself and then boot loop. I try it everything, nothing worked. I left to keep booting by itself and after 10 to 15 minutes to being rebooting, it boot normally. Everything works fine now. Hope this helps.

Dagaard

May 16, 2014
Same here, Xiaomi Mi 9, MIUI (i think 11, update for 12 not done yet) EU-ROM, Bootloader unlocked, TWRP not possible, Fastboot not possible. Infinite rebooting, i'm currently waiting the battery is drained.

tomzzi

Apr 21, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Same happened today on my phone at work.
I had phone in my pocket.
And suddenly it was hot. When I picked up phone it was in boot loop. Phone was hot to touch.
I tried to boot into recovery. After few tries I did manage to boot into recovery.
But phone was automatically selecting options.
Then I tried to force phone to turn off.
No luck. It's turned on by itself.
I did not have other option but to wipe phone in recovery.
Good that I didn't have anything important on phone.

Now I will get rid of it.
But if anyone have solution please post it here.

Phone is locked and with official firmware 12.0.1.

Now I regret of buying Xiaomi in first place.

Last edited:

Chibbo

Just had the same, would constantly reboot every 5 secs to mi boot logo, did the same with recovery and fastboot mode. After 20ish attempts did finally managed to get into twrp recovery and reflash everything again, seems ok for now...but I don't like it much, lost alot of files from internal storage...as if the storage is failing...