• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Mi 9T Hard Brick After MIUI11 Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Soapy!

Feb 28, 2014
Philadelphia
I seem to have hard bricked my 9T after flashing the MIUI 11 rom from xiaomi.eu. I think culprit is a totally botched/corrupted boot loader and I have no idea how it happened. I've tried reflashing back to stock through stock image .bat files, but no dice. It flashed everything but the device still refuses to boot past the MI screen. If I try to boot into TWRP, my device gets stuck at the TWRP splash screen, no matter which version it is. Does anyone know what I can do or try at this point? Thanks.

Arif Ferdian

Dec 10, 2016
So do I, first time I successfully instal first beta v25 miui 11, and than when the v26 comes, stupidly, i flash it from twrp, it tells me that i succeed installing that zip, and than i wipe art and cache and reboot system, but what next i know, my phone brick, i can not instal anyrom, from mi flash tool, or from anywhere. I did everything and still can not fix the problem.
Anyway, you still can enterin TWRP UI, after waiting about 10 to 30 minutes, because after intalling that rom, automatically your data format change from ext4 to f2fs, and twrp will need a lot of time to read your disk.
But, even after doing anything in twrp, still can not make my phone successfully boot into system.
And theres moun I/O error everytime i tried to wipe everything, or fix disk, or change disk format. Everything... and i just dont know what to do anymore.

So may be you can wait patiently until you can entering twrp ui, and please lemme know if you know how to fix this problem

flamedrops

Dec 9, 2014
Ortigas
I seem to have hard bricked my 9T after flashing the MIUI 11 rom from xiaomi.eu. I think culprit is a totally botched/corrupted boot loader and I have no idea how it happened. I've tried reflashing back to stock through stock image .bat files, but no dice. It flashed everything but the device still refuses to boot past the MI screen. If I try to boot into TWRP, my device gets stuck at the TWRP splash screen, no matter which version it is. Does anyone know what I can do or try at this point? Thanks.

i have experience that, then i flash the twrp chinese version and it works.

tarzaninyo

Nov 13, 2017
I got exactly the same problem after installing miui 11rom. Installing firmware via fastboot was unsuccessful. God, help us ...

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

So do I, first time I successfully instal first beta v25 miui 11, and than when the v26 comes, stupidly, i flash it from twrp, it tells me that i succeed installing that zip, and than i wipe art and cache and reboot system, but what next i know, my phone brick, i can not instal anyrom, from mi flash tool, or from anywhere. I did everything and still can not fix the problem.
Anyway, you still can enterin TWRP UI, after waiting about 10 to 30 minutes, because after intalling that rom, automatically your data format change from ext4 to f2fs, and twrp will need a lot of time to read your disk.
But, even after doing anything in twrp, still can not make my phone successfully boot into system.
And theres moun I/O error everytime i tried to wipe everything, or fix disk, or change disk format. Everything... and i just dont know what to do anymore.

So may be you can wait patiently until you can entering twrp ui, and please lemme know if you know how to fix this problem
Just the exact same problem as mine. If you know anything about how to solve this problem, please tell us.

Reactions: shaon121

Benfatica

I had the same problem with a miui 10 weekly beta but unfortunately I wasn't able to fix it but lucky me my phone was still in a return period so I returned it back to Amazon and got my money back since then I have always stayed away from beta ROMs . I tried everything but it wasn't booting pass the mi logo as you said

Arif Ferdian

Dec 10, 2016

I had the same problem with a miui 10 weekly beta but unfortunately I wasn't able to fix it but lucky me my phone was still in a return period so I returned it back to Amazon and got my money back since then I have always stayed away from beta ROMs . I tried everything but it wasn't booting pass the mi logo as you said

Ahhhh yes, i was thinking to using my guaranteed card, as i still can relock bootliader with mi flash tools, already trying anything for couples day with zero result, and im giving up hahaha

Arif Ferdian

Dec 10, 2016
Yap @flamedrops i already do, and even tried all the TWRP version that exist, and also reflash many Rom, from stock, eu, ct, aosp, miui 11 25, miui 11 26, i flash from adb sideload, from twrp via usb otg, via miflash tool,
I flash boot.img, etc
Still no result.
Already tried everything that i could thinking about

Arif Ferdian

Dec 10, 2016
did you really reboot it using adb reboot twrp? and reboot system on twrp using twrp cn version?

This LR. TEAM is twrp cn version right? And in fact, this version hardly booting to twrp ui version after this problem, easier to entering twrp ui with the ugly themed greek version

Attachments

• 15698354593307470808546605535287.jpg
    15698354593307470808546605535287.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 428

mvha

Feb 18, 2010
I have persist problems after installing muiu 11 over the los16.
Thinking about relock it and sens it back to aliexpress seller.

Soapy!

Feb 28, 2014
Philadelphia

This makes sense as I remember trying to boot into stock recovery early in the morning. I woke up and it finally booted, but the recovery was in Chinese. I will give 4PDA TWRP about an hour and see what I can do. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got exactly the same problem after installing miui 11rom. Installing firmware via fastboot was unsuccessful. God, help us ...

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

Just the exact same problem as mine. If you know anything about how to solve this problem, please tell us.

Ahhhh yes, i was thinking to using my guaranteed card, as i still can relock bootliader with mi flash tools, already trying anything for couples day with zero result, and im giving up hahaha
    This makes sense as I remember trying to boot into stock recovery early in the morning. I woke up and it finally booted, but the recovery was in Chinese. I will give 4PDA TWRP about an hour and see what I can do. Thanks.

If you can not use 4pda, i suggest u to use greek one, thats twrp version the must successfully booting in my experiences
    I am thankful that I saw this before updating to newest miui 11

But v25 more stable and has no problem