Mi 9T Hard Brick After MIUI11 Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Waidowai

Jul 17, 2017
Has anyone tried to flash via EDL? I cannot find MIUI 11 TGZ file to flash thru EDL., only flash .zip. I'm not sure if its a anti-rollback problem as im able to flash a MIUI 10 ROM however as some of you have experianced it stops at 99.99% format.

I found 2 versions of fastboot. 10.3.11 and 10.3.6.0
the first one gives antri roll back error.
the second one goes through at miflash. But it's stuck at 99.99% as you said.
After booting into twrp no partion works either.
It says
failed to mount /cache (I/O error)
same for cache and persists.
And than if it tries to mount data it says invalid argument :(
Currently trying to format data via twrp but it's stuck with those errors for about 1 hour. It is still moving but everything it's trying to restore is an invalid argument.

Waidowai

Jul 17, 2017
Anybody checked the bootloader UNLOCK status?
"99.99%" has something to see with bootloader unlock process.
My suggestion for you.

i did this with locked and unlocked bootloader.
I can freely lock and unlock with mi flash but it doesn't change anything.
Is there a way to fix that with twrp? I mean twrp doesn't have access to any partition :(
I tried to mount and remount partitions but twrp froze, so I'm back in the waiting line to get back in...

Arif Ferdian

Dec 10, 2016
I seem to have hard bricked my 9T after flashing the MIUI 11 rom from xiaomi.eu. I think culprit is a totally botched/corrupted boot loader and I have no idea how it happened. I've tried reflashing back to stock through stock image .bat files, but no dice. It flashed everything but the device still refuses to boot past the MI screen. If I try to boot into TWRP, my device gets stuck at the TWRP splash screen, no matter which version it is. Does anyone know what I can do or try at this point? Thanks.

New progress.
now my pc can read my internal storage.
in twrp i able to mount data, system cache.
and now i tried to flashing another rom.

you can tried using twrp mauronofrio.
instal miui 9.9.25 with usbOTG, (will failed and much error) after that instal miui 9.9.26 (will be successfull)
after that, wipe data (wipe with type yes)
and then repairing system
and then factory reset (cache data system)
everything now must be done without any error
and the pc can read the internal storage (but still very slow to copy paste)

and i did not yet reboot the phone, now i tried to re instal miui 9.9.26
i'll update soon

Waidowai

Jul 17, 2017
New progress.
now my pc can read my internal storage.
in twrp i able to mount data, system cache.
and now i tried to flashing another rom.

you can tried using twrp mauronofrio.
instal miui 9.9.25 with usbOTG, (will failed and much error) after that instal miui 9.9.26 (will be successfull)
after that, wipe data (wipe with type yes)
and then repairing system
and then factory reset (cache data system)
everything now must be done without any error
and the pc can read the internal storage (but still very slow to copy paste)

and i did not yet reboot the phone, now i tried to re instal miui 9.9.26
i'll update soon

Did you flash official miui 9.9.25 or xiaomi.eu?
where did u get 9.9.25

wives1989

Feb 12, 2011
I found 2 versions of fastboot. 10.3.11 and 10.3.6.0
the first one gives antri roll back error.
the second one goes through at miflash. But it's stuck at 99.99% as you said.
After booting into twrp no partion works either.
It says
failed to mount /cache (I/O error)
same for cache and persists.
And than if it tries to mount data it says invalid argument :(
Currently trying to format data via twrp but it's stuck with those errors for about 1 hour. It is still moving but everything it's trying to restore is an invalid argument.

Im where you are now. 'Failed to mount cache, data, persist' I/O error/Invalid argument.

I hope that the only solution isnt to wait for a global release of MIUI 11...Ill cont. to stress my options and update. Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

Anybody checked the bootloader UNLOCK status?
"99.99%" has something to see with bootloader unlock process.
My suggestion for you.

Yes Ive tried to flash locked, and clear all (unlocked). No avail with either.

Last edited:

nicolasmart

Apr 17, 2014
Varna
Can not flash magisk, etc hahahhahaa

I can help you with that!!!!

Basically I helped a guy fix his Mi 9 which had the same issue

Download this: https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4494670&d=1525641258

Then transfer the "gdisk" to your phone in TWRP with adb push

With adb shell do the following commands:
chmod 777 gdisk
./gdisk

Then in gdisk show the info of userdata partition and copy its GUID code. Then delete the userdata partition and create a new partition (with default first and last sector) and change its GUID code to the one you copied from userdata and change its name to userdata

Then in TWRP click Format Data, type in yes, continue and you're done!

Arif Ferdian

Dec 10, 2016

Download this: https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4494670&d=1525641258

chmod 777 gdisk
./gdisk

Then in gdisk show the info of userdata partition and copy its GUID code. Then delete the userdata partition and create a new partition (with default first and last sector) and change its GUID code to the one you copied from userdata and change its name to userdata

Did i should push it in zip ? Or extract first?
If in zip, did i shouldve to change file name into gdisk?

Waidowai

Jul 17, 2017
I have made a little progress.
I managed to pass 99.99%.
Basically it went through. Now it's on the my symbol and the 4 dots are moving/ it's loading android.
I will update you guys if it goes through/ if it ever boots. For now it's been there for some time. Dunno if I should let it sit there or if I should try twrp again. But it took me quite a while to get there.

Arif Ferdian

Dec 10, 2016
I have made a little progress.
I managed to pass 99.99%.
Basically it went through. Now it's on the my symbol and the 4 dots are moving/ it's loading android.
I will update you guys if it goes through/ if it ever boots. For now it's been there for some time. Dunno if I should let it sit there or if I should try twrp again. But it took me quite a while to get there.

ive been there since the day one bro :(
everytime you flash rom by mi flash, it will success and stuck in 99.99% when boot and wipe.

Soapy!

Feb 28, 2014
Philadelphia

chmod 777 gdisk
./gdisk

I tried it, opened gdisk*** and input my userdata partition /dev/block/sda32 but when trying to delete it, it says, "No partitions"

I really do not know wtf is going on. I booted into the Chinese TWRP and disabled forceencrypt, checked a file and saw that userdata is no longer encrypted. Performed a wipe, saw that cache and data was successfully wiped without error, however it still took 15+ minutes to do this. I then tried to format data, it got stuck yet again, and I gave up after 30 minutes because I have no more patience.

Last edited:

Waidowai

Jul 17, 2017
really? and then what happened? what you do to manage 100%?

Like I said it is loading.
It shows
________
MI
Android
________
The dots are moving but nothing happens.
Maybe I just need to wait, like u need to wait for twrp. I think the update made everything super slooow.
I got there by waiting.

sauliiin

Jan 12, 2011
Belo Horizonte
Guys, I believe you are going in the wrong way trying to fix the device with twrp. It is not fully functional on latest miui.

Try this posted by reaper1234 https://xdaforums.com/mi-9t/how-to/rom-miui-10-xiaomi-eu-t3942279/page14

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

The device is not dead, it needs to fix all partitions and twrp is not being able to do that. That slow procedure doesn't guarantee that is working OK. So, go for another way

Waidowai

Jul 17, 2017
Guys, I believe you are going in the wrong way trying to fix the device with twrp. It is not fully functional on latest miui.

Try this posted by reaper1234 https://xdaforums.com/mi-9t/how-to/rom-miui-10-xiaomi-eu-t3942279/page14

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

The device is not dead, it needs to fix all partitions and twrp is not being able to do that. That slow procedure doesn't guarantee that is working OK. So, go for another way

I did not do twrp with my last try.
I clean installed the tgz of 10.3.6.0 and it got through 100% in the booting animation.
Although it is still taking a very long time. I got past the boot logo and it's now in the normal booting animation.
But I'm not sure if it needs more time or not.

I woulda installed the latest 10.3.11 tgz but this one gives ARB error, so I went with 10.3.6.0 and it's the most progress we have right now.
That being said i'm not to optimistic that it will work. Again everything is super slow for some reason.

Soapy!

Feb 28, 2014
Philadelphia

Is there another way though? We've tried miflash, .bat file from stock firmware zip, and gdisk.

Waidowai

Jul 17, 2017
Is there another way though? We've tried miflash, .bat file from stock firmware zip, and gdisk.

10.3.6.0 did run through without editing .bat files. But it took like 4 hours to complete the 99.99%.
After that I was in loading screen. After another 4 hours I gave up.
There are 3 other versions. Maybe we can try them and pray that one of them works without waiting 10 years in splash screens.

Waidowai

Jul 17, 2017
I did make more progress.
After the successful 100% bootscreen it didn't boot.
But after flashing twrp again I managed to access system, data and cache. I'm not getting invalid argument anymore.
The only thing that is missing is persists. After I managed to mount that I think I can make the phone running again.
Anyone has an idea how to mount that? Mounting in twrp causes twrp to crash. So that's not an option.

/edit

Also my PC is now recognizing the phone as MI 9T again.
But when I open it it has 2 internal storages and both are empty.

Last edited:

sauliiin

Jan 12, 2011
Belo Horizonte
Ok... Lets go! Download this fastboot rom file (its the global stable) http://update.miui.com/updates/v1/fullromdownload.php?d=davinci_global&b=F&r=global&n=

You can download it from here too, but remeber! YOU NEED FASTBOOT VERSION!

You will notice that is mucth bigger and after unpacking it (pehaps, you will need do decompress it twice) it will double the size (6,5 gb). You need .tgz file. If the ROM file suffix is '.gz', just rename it to '.tgz')

Now, download this 2017 mi flash toll http://api.en.miui.com/url/MiFlashTool. You can try the newest version, but I suggest that one. Install it.

Turn off the device. Press the Volume– key and the Power button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode. Then connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable.

Open mi flash toll, search for the rom, click refresh and do it!

This should no take long! It may look that is stuck on 99%, but if the phone reboots, you can disconnect the cable! If did not work, try EEA Stable ROM, also found here https://mirom.ezbox.idv.tw/en/phone/davinci/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I seem to have hard bricked my 9T after flashing the MIUI 11 rom from xiaomi.eu. I think culprit is a totally botched/corrupted boot loader and I have no idea how it happened. I've tried reflashing back to stock through stock image .bat files, but no dice. It flashed everything but the device still refuses to boot past the MI screen. If I try to boot into TWRP, my device gets stuck at the TWRP splash screen, no matter which version it is. Does anyone know what I can do or try at this point? Thanks.
    I got exactly the same problem after installing miui 11rom. Installing firmware via fastboot was unsuccessful. God, help us ...

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

So do I, first time I successfully instal first beta v25 miui 11, and than when the v26 comes, stupidly, i flash it from twrp, it tells me that i succeed installing that zip, and than i wipe art and cache and reboot system, but what next i know, my phone brick, i can not instal anyrom, from mi flash tool, or from anywhere. I did everything and still can not fix the problem.
    Anyway, you still can enterin TWRP UI, after waiting about 10 to 30 minutes, because after intalling that rom, automatically your data format change from ext4 to f2fs, and twrp will need a lot of time to read your disk.
    But, even after doing anything in twrp, still can not make my phone successfully boot into system.
    And theres moun I/O error everytime i tried to wipe everything, or fix disk, or change disk format. Everything... and i just dont know what to do anymore.

So may be you can wait patiently until you can entering twrp ui, and please lemme know if you know how to fix this problem
    Just the exact same problem as mine. If you know anything about how to solve this problem, please tell us.
    I had the same problem with a miui 10 weekly beta but unfortunately I wasn't able to fix it but lucky me my phone was still in a return period so I returned it back to Amazon and got my money back since then I have always stayed away from beta ROMs . I tried everything but it wasn't booting pass the mi logo as you said
    i have experience that, then i flash the twrp chinese version and it works.

I had the same problem with a miui 10 weekly beta but unfortunately I wasn't able to fix it but lucky me my phone was still in a return period so I returned it back to Amazon and got my money back since then I have always stayed away from beta ROMs . I tried everything but it wasn't booting pass the mi logo as you said

Ahhhh yes, i was thinking to using my guaranteed card, as i still can relock bootliader with mi flash tools, already trying anything for couples day with zero result, and im giving up hahaha
    This makes sense as I remember trying to boot into stock recovery early in the morning. I woke up and it finally booted, but the recovery was in Chinese. I will give 4PDA TWRP about an hour and see what I can do. Thanks.

If you can not use 4pda, i suggest u to use greek one, thats twrp version the must successfully booting in my experiences
    I am thankful that I saw this before updating to newest miui 11

But v25 more stable and has no problem