MI 9T Pro display exchange -> restart after entering the PIN

Search This thread

Murph07

May 14, 2011
Hello everybody,

I have a MI 9T Pro that fell on the display. It had no scratches because there was a protective glass on it, but the display itself was defective. Partly cut off at the top, only colors and now and then a blinking seen. Display has now been changed, so far everything is good.

I've started it now, looks good at first. Strangely enough, fingerprint didn't work anymore, is it because of the new display?
So I typed in my Screen PIN. And immediately after entering the PIN it restarts. Have tried a few times.

I also inserted the SIM card. Time, date etc. fits, it is also connected to the WLAN. But after entering the PIN -> restart.

I am now in the standard MI recovery. ON key + volume up key. There are only 3 points here: Reboot, Wipe Data, Connect with MIAssistant.
Wipe Data would be my last attempt as I actually wanted to keep the data. Connect with MIAssistant does not work. I installed the software on my laptop (MI Suite from pcsuite.mi.com), but the cell phone is not recognized.

Can you help me? What could be the problem? What else can I do?
As I said, before I continue with wipe data, I would like to try to keep the datas on the phone.

Greets

Murph

IMG_20201107_191208.jpg

IMG_20201107_191139.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vertigo909

Pdelmo19

Apr 6, 2018
Perform a factory Reset using recovery mode. I happen to be a technician encountered this on my client. Fingerprint wont work anymore on MIUI12. only a few devices managed to have working Fingerprint after screen replacement. If your bootloader is unlocked, You can install TWRP recovery, you can access your storage on computer while on TWRP Recovery

Last edited:

Murph07

May 14, 2011
What do you mean exactly? Does it no longer work without a factory reset? Or does it no longer work because the display was changed?

I think my next step will be to do the data wipe in MI Recovery. However, this will also delete my data.
My bootloader is locked. If I unlock it, my data will be deleted too, right?

Murph07

May 14, 2011
Ok, Wipe Data helped to start the device with default factory settings.
MIUI 12 is installed. After setting a fingerprint, the device restarted, same problem as before. In CIT I found out that I had only 5 dot touch instead of 10 dot touch. Double Tab to wake up didn't work too.

vvvecktor

Feb 22, 2020
Ok, Wipe Data helped to start the device with default factory settings.
MIUI 12 is installed. After setting a fingerprint, the device restarted, same problem as before. In CIT I found out that I had only 5 dot touch instead of 10 dot touch. Double Tab to wake up didn't work too.

That happen to me one month before! just disconnect the fingerprint sensor from the inside and voila!!!
Rip FingerSensor :c

Edit: and yes... you have to open your phone again!

Last edited:
Did you replace the screen yourself?
You may have one of the cheaper LCD replacement screens that are available.
Replaced mine last December, never had any issues with FP sensor afterwards. Have full 10 point touch. It's definitely an OLED and cost around $100 US from AliExpress. The LCD screens are half the price or less. LCD is more opaque, so not good with the FP sensor. Could also be that they have a cheaper 5 point digitiser attached too.

Murph07

May 14, 2011
Did you replace the screen yourself?
You may have one of the cheaper LCD replacement screens that are available.
Replaced mine last December, never had any issues with FP sensor afterwards. Have full 10 point touch. It's definitely an OLED and cost around $100 US from AliExpress. The LCD screens are half the price or less. LCD is more opaque, so not good with the FP sensor. Could also be that they have a cheaper 5 point digitiser attached too.
No, an "professional" friend has replaced the screen. But I bought it by myselfe on Ebay. 85 Euros, OLED ---- the digits on the backside matched with the original one. And it is an OLED display..... but in CTI Settings it only can do 5 dots on touch.

But anyhow, what opions will I have?
Not using the fingerprint sensor?
Using MIUI 11?
Waiting for an Update from Xiaomi to solve the problem?

Thats all bullshit .......
Double tab to wakeup didn`t work too ..... and it seems to be that scrolling down is not so smooth like before ..... it stops earlier.

vertigo909

May 17, 2022
Hello everybody,

I have a MI 9T Pro that fell on the display. It had no scratches because there was a protective glass on it, but the display itself was defective. Partly cut off at the top, only colors and now and then a blinking seen. Display has now been changed, so far everything is good.

I've started it now, looks good at first. Strangely enough, fingerprint didn't work anymore, is it because of the new display?
So I typed in my Screen PIN. And immediately after entering the PIN it restarts. Have tried a few times.

I also inserted the SIM card. Time, date etc. fits, it is also connected to the WLAN. But after entering the PIN -> restart.

I am now in the standard MI recovery. ON key + volume up key. There are only 3 points here: Reboot, Wipe Data, Connect with MIAssistant.
Wipe Data would be my last attempt as I actually wanted to keep the data. Connect with MIAssistant does not work. I installed the software on my laptop (MI Suite from pcsuite.mi.com), but the cell phone is not recognized.

As I said, before I continue with wipe data, I would like to try to keep the datas on the phone.

Greets

Murph

View attachment 5131659

View attachment 5131661
did you get a fix to this ?

its happening to me now and dont know what to do

Murph07

May 14, 2011
i FIxed it brother it was the fingerprint reader i ejected it and it works fine no probles at all, now will try factory setting to see if after i connect the fingerprint reader the same thing will happen or not
Good for you .... Hopefully all works now fine. :)

The problem on my side was the new display. If it is not 100% original, you get this problem. I tried a lot of things, but nothing solves the problem.

But however, I am very happy with the Realme 7 Pro. :)

vertigo909

May 17, 2022
Good for you .... Hopefully all works now fine. :)

The problem on my side was the new display. If it is not 100% original, you get this problem. I tried a lot of things, but nothing solves the problem.

But however, I am very happy with the Realme 7 Pro. :)
Yea mee to i changed the screen and that happend but after removing the fingerprint sensor now is all fine

__tom__

May 18, 2022
Yea mee to i changed the screen and that happend but after removing the fingerprint sensor now is all fine
Hi, my phone currently has this problem at the repair shop. Did the fingerprint reader work after trying factory settings? The technician suggested to reformat/reset the phone but I don't want to lose my files.

vertigo909

May 17, 2022
Hi, my phone currently has this problem at the repair shop. Did the fingerprint reader work after trying factory settings? The technician suggested to reformat/reset the phone but I don't want to lose my files.
after i removed the finger print i havent had the chance to format it yet but without finger print is working just fine after formating will give a review if it will restart aggain or not with finger print on

__tom__

May 18, 2022
Update: I suggested to the technician to remove the fingerprint sensor and now it works. I'd rather lose the fp sensor than my files. It's not a really big deal as its almost 3 years old now. Thanks for the idea!

Reactions: vertigo909

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody,

Greets

Murph

IMG_20201107_191208.jpg

IMG_20201107_191139.jpg
    Update: I suggested to the technician to remove the fingerprint sensor and now it works. I'd rather lose the fp sensor than my files. It's not a really big deal as its almost 3 years old now. Thanks for the idea!