• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Mi 9t pro won't turn on after screen replacement but shows charging indication.

Search This thread

spotter123

Dec 9, 2019
Hi!

As the title says, I replaced the screen of my Xiaomi Mi 9t Pro (6/128), and the new screen wont turn on. When I charge the phone, it shows the Mi logo on the screen, plus the percentage, which means the new screen works, powers on and makes contact with the phone.

The problem is though, turning the phone on. The phone doesn't respond to the on/off button, or the power on setting when pressing the motherboard. I tried every button configuration, but it doesn't seem to work. All connections and cables and such are intact as well.

Any help/tips?

Thanks in advance!

AvgZing

Sep 15, 2019

I don't quite have experience with this, but have you tried:
- Booting to recovery and Clearing all data, or
- Reinstalling MIUI, or
- Unlocking bootloader + installing a custom OS

Just a theory, but these may help the software recognize the display as the primary, as I think that may be the problem here- as it's not a hardware problem

spotter123

Dec 9, 2019
I don't quite have experience with this, but have you tried:
- Booting to recovery and Clearing all data, or
- Reinstalling MIUI, or
- Unlocking bootloader + installing a custom OS

Just a theory, but these may help the software recognize the display as the primary, as I think that may be the problem here- as it's not a hardware problem

Alright, How do I do this when I'm unable to turn on the phone ?

kingglouki

May 6, 2018
Hi!

As the title says, I replaced the screen of my Xiaomi Mi 9t Pro (6/128), and the new screen wont turn on. When I charge the phone, it shows the Mi logo on the screen, plus the percentage, which means the new screen works, powers on and makes contact with the phone.

The problem is though, turning the phone on. The phone doesn't respond to the on/off button, or the power on setting when pressing the motherboard. I tried every button configuration, but it doesn't seem to work. All connections and cables and such are intact as well.

Any help/tips?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
I have the same problem as you with my Mi 9T.
I suspect that I applied to much heat near the powerbutton, is this possible?
Did you find a solution?
best regards

edit: Alright the problem is that the Powerbutton only works when the motherboard is screwed to the frame (or pressed down for testing), just assemble the phone and you should be fine. writing this mostly for people who find this thread via google like me^^

Last edited:

spotter123

Dec 9, 2019
Hi,
Did you find a solution?
best regards

edit: Alright the problem is that the Powerbutton only works when the motherboard is screwed to the frame (or pressed down for testing), just assemble the phone and you should be fine. writing this mostly for people who find this thread via google like me^^

Well,
I brought my phone to a repair shop and they told me I cut the power connector while opening the back panel.
They were unable to order them directly from Xiaomi so I did it via Ali-express, and now its fixed. Don't use object that're too sharp while opening back panel! I watched too much Jerryrig on Youtube haha.

rychlik29

Dec 2, 2021
Hi,
Did you find a solution?
best regards

You are a lifesaver. I also connected the new display to MI 9T and it lit up only when I plugged the phone into a charger. But it wouldn't turn on. I was worried that I have broken something like the flex cable from battery, but pressing down on the motherboard worked. Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

Any help/tips?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
    Did you find a solution?
    best regards