Mi A2 2018 USB Issue (Not recognized by PC) General Problem

Search This thread
Jan 31, 2022
t.me
So, as the title says, i have a mi A2 and it has the so-known usb issue, that the pc doesnt recognize it by any means, not in fastboot, not in edl, absolutely nothing.
Already replaced the charging board, didnt work, saw people talking about it on mi a2 thread and they also didnt manage to fix it by replacing flex cables, charging board etc.

So why am i asking this on general Android Thread?
Its because most people on mi A2 thread didnt manage to fix it, so im searching for help from the most acknowledged people to try to reflash the software locally and see if it would work, as mi a2 doesnt have sdcard slot and USB is not recognized by PC, so i cant do fastboot sideload, cant setup wifi adb because you need to connect it first to the PC on Android 10.

Any help would be appreciated, im taking all the suggestions.

Android Version: 10
Kernel Version: 4.4.192
Build Number: QKQ1-QDIMIXM

Renate

Recognized Contributor / Inactive Recognized Dev
OTG also doesn't work, but I'm gonna try again as you said
Well, did you?
Also, does this thing charge?
The obvious problems could be: anti-static protection shorted, open data line, blown PHY, not-initialized.
Since you replaced the connector board I don't think it's shorted anti-static.

Got a USB 2.0 cable to sacrifice and a DVM?
Open the cable in the middle to access red, white, green, black.
Connect to desktop & device, got 5V from red to black? Got ~3v from green to black?
Connect just to device, use diode test, red probe to black, black probe to green, any numbers? Red probe to black, black probe to white, any numbers?
Use OTG adapter and cable, other end open, got 5V from red to black?

Hey, you didn't tell me the getprops.

Jan 31, 2022
t.me
Well, did you?
Also, does this thing charge?
The obvious problems could be: anti-static protection shorted, open data line, blown PHY, not-initialized.
Since you replaced the connector board I don't think it's shorted anti-static.

Got a USB 2.0 cable to sacrifice and a DVM?
Open the cable in the middle to access red, white, green, black.
Connect to desktop & device, got 5V from red to black? Got ~3v from green to black?
Connect just to device, use diode test, red probe to black, black probe to green, any numbers? Red probe to black, black probe to white, any numbers?
Use OTG adapter and cable, other end open, got 5V from red to black?

Hey, you didn't tell me the getprops.
So, I did it and just discovered my otg USB is broken lol, I'll buy another one tomorrow, now about the getprops the answer on termux was only "usb", nothing more

I'll try the cable method too

samurai_211

Apr 21, 2020
Get the sub board and FPC cable replaced from authorised MI service center issue will be solved. i too had the same issue. replaced from authorised MI service center and issue solved. sub board and fpc cable from outside market will not solve the issue