Mi A2 lite bluetooth won't pair with car

Search This thread

damonil

Nov 6, 2017
Hi
The mi a2 lite does not recognize Mazda bluetooth and won"t pair
tried restarting, toggle bluetooth but the Mazda bluetooth isnt visible in my phone
tried with other phones with no problems
any suggestions?

Aria__

Aug 14, 2018
I just resolved this using the following steps (these are the raw troubleshooting steps, not sure which one worked)

- Open the hood and remove the positive cable of the battery (red one) and leave it off for approx. 30 minutes.
- Reconnect the cable to the battery and start the car, that will reset the system.
- Connect another device to your Mazda Bluetooth first.
- Just in case, do a network reset on your Mi A2 Lite (Settings -> Search for reset -> select the network reset option)
- Connect a headphone or a similar device via Bluetooth to your Mi A2 Lite and leave it paired and connected.
- Go back to your Mazda, try to pair again and wait until the count down hits 130 sec left, your phone will find your Mazda Bluetooth by then.

I'm not sure which step(s) resolved the issue but following the above steps will reset both your ECU on your vehicle and your phone's network configuration back to default.

Hopefully that works for anyone else who has this issue as well, since it worked for me.

- Aria

Last edited:

sephkateno

Oct 29, 2009
Ptolemaida
Mine pairs just fine but the ringtone doesn't play on the car just some old nokia ringtone tried the development settings but nothing.

soulz

Nov 26, 2011
Moscow
Mines not wanting to pair either ?

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

Fixed: enable developer setting -> Show Bluetooth devices without names. Still Android auto bug though ?

damonil

Nov 6, 2017
Mines not wanting to pair either

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

Fixed: enable developer setting -> Show Bluetooth devices without names. Still Android auto bug though

Tried your fix but still unable to pair with Mazda. i replaced my previous xiaomi redmi 5 plus screen and use it now as it pairs easily with the car

soulz

Nov 26, 2011
Moscow
Tried your fix but still unable to pair with Mazda. i replaced my previous xiaomi redmi 5 plus screen and use it now as it pairs easily with the car

I turn it on and it finally found my Mazda. It was definitely a difficult device to sync but since it's on I been able to find most of my bluetooth device (headphones) easier then prior when I can only find other phones. So it was finding mainly devices :\

damonil

Nov 6, 2017
I turn it on and it finally found my Mazda. It was definitely a difficult device to sync but since it's on I been able to find most of my bluetooth device (headphones) easier then prior when I can only find other phones. So it was finding mainly devices :\
Tried it again today as you suggested without names. actually the car bluetooth was with a sign of headphones device and when i tried to pair it immediately the two devices recognized each other.
Thanks a lot for all suggestions!

limbot

Dec 5, 2011
Oops, retracted, didn't see the bottom solution and will try that before I whinge :)

Fixed: enable developer setting -> Show Bluetooth devices without names

Worked for me., Mazda 3 (2015/2016?)

Thanks.

Last edited:

Madeleine85

Nov 6, 2018
If Development settings are not shown they will appear after pressing 7x Build Number. Then development settings and activation as describes above.
Afterwards pairing issue was solved.

eligiusz23

Nov 26, 2018
Hello,
How to do it ? - show bluetooth device without names ? So instead the name of device there should be a serial number of phone bluetooth ?
Thanks for help.