[MI A2/MI 6X] How to flash without edl Authentication and get latest pie beta cn

Search This thread

QuantumShqipe

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2017
London
Salve! As you may know, Xiaomi enabled ARB (Anti-Roll Back) for Mi 6X starting with MIUI 10. It means that if you try to downgrade from MIUI 10 to MIUI 9, your device will enter in a brick EDL state and the only way to recover it is to send it to Xiaomi or flash it using MiFlash and an Authorized Account. Now if you are like me and have a locked bootloader in a converted a2 to 6x wayne then the only way is testpoint and even if your device has an unlocked bootloader doing fastboot oem edl is very unlikely to work

Now, as I read here on XDA, there are some people who managed to brick their device by triggering the ARB when they converted the Mi A2 to Mi 6X to test MIUI. So if you flashed MIUI 10 and didn't deleted firmware-update from the .zip file, you triggered the ARB. If you tried to flash MIUI 9 or stock Mi A2 ROM, you managed to brick your device and it stays in an EDL state (Qualcomm 9008). You SIMPLY CANNOT rollback to Android One yet until they introduce ARB to that device too but you can revive your device very easy with test point but no need for Mi Authorized Account. Sorry it has to be this way but this is the only way took me about 8 times to try and finally someone showed me this file which helped

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1wAqlpmxMdZpibzPBuyBEwOY9ggcifAdd - This has everything include including the xiaomiflash no patched files are required as they have already been modified to bypass edl authentication i would also turn your wifi off whilst flashing this as thats what worked for me..weird eh?

Credits go to Sunchai - Admin of Mi Max Thailand for creating this amazing bypass

Last edited:

faisal1hd2

Apr 16, 2017
My device is mi 6x and arb var : 4, unlocked bootloader. Currently I'm using havoc rom. Is this possible to go back to official china dev rom without bricking the device?

QuantumShqipe

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2017
London
My device is mi 6x and arb var : 4, unlocked bootloader. Currently I'm using havoc rom. Is this possible to go back to official china dev rom without bricking the device?

Yeah it won't brick click the clean all not clean all and lock unless that's what you want try with fastboot oem edl however users have reported that opening the device works

Reactions: faisal1hd2
G

GuestK00355

If you open up the device two pin it and install everything specific to that folder including version of xiaomiflash etc, this could help save you from the brick

Ok but after unbrick my device, can I install xiaomi.eu MIUI 10 stable or weekly rom for Mi 6X ?

QuantumShqipe

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2017
London
download the rom that you left, but when flashing it tells me " you are not authorized to download"

Lmao no one is doing it properly follow the instructions carefully and properly turn off WiFi/ethernet before you click on xiaomiflash and make sure you use one provided as well as that clear and delete and version of miflash previously installed on your PC

arnuvi

Dec 29, 2017
confirm, it works. boot to fastboot with bootloader unlocked. turn internet connection off. use the miflash provided with the rom.
Surely you wilm be.return to miui v.8.2.23, then able to update to v9.3.21 Pie

my a2 does not enter fastboot mode, does not turn on only the pc recognizes it in edl mode, but when flashing the rom that they told me, it asks for account authentication

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Is your phone opened because if it isn't thats why it works for so many others but for you it doesn't there is something wrong your doing here

I flashed the rom that led me to the problem by recovery that was miui 9 8.1, while I was in miui 10, after that I rebooted the cel, and did not want to restart it I enter in a way that only the pc recognizes it by edl, but when flashing the rom that you gave me stays in account authentication my flash

stevedat

Dec 12, 2013
Hochiminh
my a2 does not enter fastboot mode, does not turn on only the pc recognizes it in edl mode, but when flashing the rom that they told me, it asks for account authentication

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

I flashed the rom that led me to the problem by recovery that was miui 9 8.1, while I was in miui 10, after that I rebooted the cel, and did not want to restart it I enter in a way that only the pc recognizes it by edl, but when flashing the rom that you gave me stays in account authentication my flash

the thread.says.its self as passby edl auth. it doesnt mean to save bricked phones.

Reactions: QuantumShqipe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Salve! As you may know, Xiaomi enabled ARB (Anti-Roll Back) for Mi 6X starting with MIUI 10. It means that if you try to downgrade from MIUI 10 to MIUI 9, your device will enter in a brick EDL state and the only way to recover it is to send it to Xiaomi or flash it using MiFlash and an Authorized Account. Now if you are like me and have a locked bootloader in a converted a2 to 6x wayne then the only way is testpoint and even if your device has an unlocked bootloader doing fastboot oem edl is very unlikely to work

Now, as I read here on XDA, there are some people who managed to brick their device by triggering the ARB when they converted the Mi A2 to Mi 6X to test MIUI. So if you flashed MIUI 10 and didn't deleted firmware-update from the .zip file, you triggered the ARB. If you tried to flash MIUI 9 or stock Mi A2 ROM, you managed to brick your device and it stays in an EDL state (Qualcomm 9008). You SIMPLY CANNOT rollback to Android One yet until they introduce ARB to that device too but you can revive your device very easy with test point but no need for Mi Authorized Account. Sorry it has to be this way but this is the only way took me about 8 times to try and finally someone showed me this file which helped

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1wAqlpmxMdZpibzPBuyBEwOY9ggcifAdd - This has everything include including the xiaomiflash no patched files are required as they have already been modified to bypass edl authentication i would also turn your wifi off whilst flashing this as thats what worked for me..weird eh?

Credits go to Sunchai - Admin of Mi Max Thailand for creating this amazing bypass
    https://ibb.co/fYYmq0P
    https://ibb.co/rd81JfK
    These are screenshots of everything working so yeah , also if you are a2 user converted when you install the pie beta via the older beta version enhance lowlight photo automatically is fixed

Yeah it won't brick click the clean all not clean all and lock unless that's what you want try with fastboot oem edl however users have reported that opening the device works
    You're are saying to try fastboot oem edl first, if it doesn't work then open device and use test point, right?
    confirm, it works. boot to fastboot with bootloader unlocked. turn internet connection off. use the miflash provided with the rom.
    Surely you wilm be.return to miui v.8.2.23, then able to update to v9.3.21 Pie
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone