Mi Box 3 MDZ-16-AB OREO is out

Search This thread

elros90

Sep 2, 2016
So I put the file on the internal storage and then I enter the recovery? I'm sorry, I can't remember How I did it last time.

grundigboy

Jun 28, 2007
So far build 2094 of Oreo is not available for the public yet. Although I hope to revive my paperweight from the forced energy saving mode using only two from for cores (as with Nougat 1560) to use it again.

RafaEmidio

Jan 7, 2017
So, when the .zip file is released, will I be able to use the recovery to update to 8.0 via USB if I have the Nougat Beta or do I need to downgrade to 6.0?

bigtalker

May 20, 2007
So, when the .zip file is released, will I be able to use the recovery to update to 8.0 via USB if I have the Nougat Beta or do I need to downgrade to 6.0?

If you have a mdz-16-ab your update will eventually come via OTA. Everybody waits their turn.

I have a mainstream box, not registered with beta program, running Nougat beta 1560. It is still constantly getting prompted to update MM build 1901. Naturally, it fails.
No telling if that will go away once the official OTA for Oreo becomes available.

My beta box, also on build 1560, got final Oreo release on Sunday last.

nolook

Sep 5, 2010
do ota usb sticks work with the live tv pvr? native amlogic codec in kodi or frame rate switching fixed?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MDZ-16-AB OREO Failed Upgrade

This is For The Guys with a Soft Brick or Stuck on Recovery

official source link to d/l OREO final
    Please Note the Update will reboot 3 times if you followed the instructions Properly

https://android.googleapis.com/pack.../c23be4862ecb5ecf64a2300049611b3e5c04e00b.zip

rename zip file to update.zip

copy to FAT32 formatted USB thumb drive

create a file WITHOUT EXTENSION including the following..

--update_package=/udisk/update.zip

Save the file with name xiaomi_update (no extension) on thumb drive

Remove power plug from Mibox

press and hold BACK arrow and OK button (Do not touch any other buttons)

reconnect power

It should start recovery mode and automatically start update NO MENU SELECTION REQUIRED ( Note it will reboot 3 times here so please be patient )

If it starts showing colored dots, try again.

It may be useful to get an extra set of hands.....

Here is a link below with a prepared Update just copy it to your Fat32 USB drive and be patient

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ye03gIzwObn0huyuZDUfm9Kbpv4NqqKN

Credit Goes to @bigtalker taken from Reddit post
    This is a terrible title/thread. Post if someone actually has an update zip.
    Unfortunately the only method of disseminating Oreo is via OTA.
    The following conditions apply
    You must be connected to internet when your turn comes for public release
    >>>You must be running stock MM 1901
    OR
    You must be running Nougat Beta 1560<<<

You must have a valid MAC address that has not been altered
    In other words: MiBox 3 MDZ-16-AB Oreo is not really "out." Not in the way in which anybody reading the thread title would take it to mean.

My point remains.

I believe the title came from the original Reddit post by a guy named koshergoy. He posted the update was released with screenshots and the size of the firmware
    update and deleted the post a short time later. He "koshergoy" and "miboy" on the Xiaomi forums are, well, not as helpful as they pretend to be. They both have access as they are in the beta group. I have to assume they find people's frustrations with the device to be funny. Just my thoughts on the matter.
    This is a terrible title/thread. Post if someone actually has an update zip.