• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Mi Max 2 Stuck in Boot-loop after spontaneous reboot

Search This thread

ozymandious

Jul 3, 2010
Phuket, Thailand
Hi, I have a Mi Max 2 that went really unstable yesterday. Was super sluggish and freezing, I rebooted and power-cycled several times during the day and at around 3pm it rebooted itself and got stuck in a boot loop.

Running the stock ROM and Nova Launcher, nothing funny on it.
It won't turn on and I've tried all kinds of button combos.

Long press power - reboots it (still into boot loop) Mi logo on screen then flash to black and then back to logo.
Long press power + Vol Down puts it into Fastboot with the rabbit and android image and then the phone turns itself off after about 30sec.
Long press power + Vol Up should put it into recovery mode but it doesn't do it. It just sits there with the Mi logo and nothing happens. (No flash to black just consistent logo on screen)
Have tried holding down all 3 buttons and still nothing, just the Mi logo static on screen.

Any Ideas anyone???

ozymandious

Jul 3, 2010
Phuket, Thailand
I tried to put the phone into fastboot and tried the Xiaomi Unlocker with it but it fails
QIHoKEN.png

kaya.md

Jun 5, 2019
Looks more like a hardware issue then software. Did you open it up and just look at the motherboard if there is something obviously wrong with it? It could be corrosion, rust, anything that is not normal.