• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Mi Mix 3 Bootloop after screen replacement

Search This thread

TheUnibomber

Aug 5, 2020
Nashville
Hi, I'm new to the forum and to mobile operating system troubleshooting in general. I'm hoping to gain some insight into an issue I'm having.

I broke the screen on my mi mix 3 and after waiting for 2 months it finally arrived from Shenzhen. Yesterday I disassembled the phone, connected the new screen, turned it on, and it just went into a bootloop. I've never changed any part of the operating system on the phone before so I just assumed something was making a poor connection. I unplugged all the leads and plugged them back in again, checked that everything was firmly in place, and ended with the same result.

Fastboot will run sometimes for 10+ minutes and then the phone will just shut off, normal booting it will switch from "Mi" to "MIX" and the animation at the bottom of the screen will freeze after a couple clicks and it will loop back to restarting (but twice it has just ended with an all white screen). Rebooting from Mi Recovery mode results in the same.

From what I've seen I'll just need to follow this and flash the phone : https ://c.mi .com/thread-2504118-1-1.html?t=1590725045909

But my question, is there any possible way to try to fix this issue without loosing all my data and without using a back door method that may just brick the phone?

Thanks for any help, btw I still have the back glass off (I've tried with the fingerprint scanner plugged in, nothing) just in case it could somehow be a hardware issue.

TheUnibomber

Aug 5, 2020
Nashville
So I've given up on trying to save my data, I don't really care much about that to be honest. I just really like this phone and would like to use it. I tried to flash the phone using Miui's official instructions but I can't unlock the bootloader because I can't download the app Miui's flash tool is requiring me to download on the phone to authorize it.

I guess I'll keep looking for a work around.

lpsouzalima

Mar 23, 2012
So I've given up on trying to save my data, I don't really care much about that to be honest. I just really like this phone and would like to use it. I tried to flash the phone using Miui's official instructions but I can't unlock the bootloader because I can't download the app Miui's flash tool is requiring me to download on the phone to authorize it.

I changed my display too and it's bootlooping. Did you solve this problem?

Reactions: dappolino

dappolino

Mar 4, 2018
I changed my Display too...everything worked fine when I tested it. I unplugged it again to clean the phone and to bring on the glue..when I had the Screen on I restarted and had a black screen...so tried to remove the screen which then just broke...so I ordered a new one and a new display flex cable - I didn't glue the screen yet because I either experience black screens when the screen gets pushed against the backplate or the phone ends in a bootloop -> for the bootloop thingy I just waited for about 10 minutes and then it started normally :D so there must be something with replacement screens...I don't know whats going on -.-

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I changed my display too and it's bootlooping. Did you solve this problem?