Mi Note 10 Lite screen flickering at max brightness or when prompt for fingerprint

Search This thread

BengCurd

• Jul 16, 2020
    A few days ago I have encountered the screen flickering. It looks similar to what is being shown on this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvywd5e2G6I&ab_channel=zamoneyOmar

The fading and white flickering only occur on the main screen and right side of the raindrop notch. After a few trying out and testing, i realized this only occur when the screen is adjusted to around 90% brightness or when the phone prompt for fingerprint verification (ie. lockscreen as fingerprint prompting will max the brightness on the sensor portion of the screen).

During normal usage the screen seems normal with no fading or flickering. But if I turn on the Anti-flickering mode (DC dimming), the screen will be in constant flickering or fading no matter if the screen is on max brightness. Therefore, does any mi note 10/note 10 lite user have this issue?

Mi Note 10 Lite MIUI Global 12.0.3(QFNMIXM) Stable

Reactions: Dotun_e

Dotun_e

Nov 2, 2017
    Hello, i have the same issue, but i want to know if it's a software issue or hardware issue. I just got the phone last month and it's on MIUI 12.0.3 stable

TheMadcapl

May 31, 2016
    A few days ago I have encountered the screen flickering. It looks similar to what is being shown on this youtube video:

The fading and white flickering only occur on the main screen and right side of the raindrop notch. After a few trying out and testing, i realized this only occur when the screen is adjusted to around 90% brightness or when the phone prompt for fingerprint verification (ie. lockscreen as fingerprint prompting will max the brightness on the sensor portion of the screen).

During normal usage the screen seems normal with no fading or flickering. But if I turn on the Anti-flickering mode (DC dimming), the screen will be in constant flickering or fading no matter if the screen is on max brightness. Therefore, does any mi note 10/note 10 lite user have this issue?

That implies me that flickering caused by the refresh rate, not the dimming.

Reactions: Dotun_e

jerd2888

Apr 22, 2021
    guys, i went back to the youtube thread and this guy had a temporary fixed.

Francisco Cavalcante

GUYS I GOT A FIX FOR THIS ISSUE. I was facing this issue for almost 2 months and I almost sold my Mi Note 10. But today I tried something that worked for me. There's an app called "LCD BURN IN WIPER" (The icon is white with a smartphone inside). First thing to know: The screen of my Mi Note 10 was flickering just like in this video only when I had to use my fingerprint or when the brightness was in high level. There was two stripes, one in each side of the notch (one was white and the other was black) and this was driving me crazy because the left side was getting black, then it was backing to normal after a few minutes of usage. So I started to noticed that when the screen was on for a long period of time, things was getting back to "normal" There's when the app enters in the equation. I thought that if I used a program to force the colors on the screen, maybe it would come back to normal. So what I did was: #1- I downloaded this app #2- I put the brightness at 100% and it was flickering like crazy but I could still see the "start button" to run the app #3- Let it run 30 minutes yesterday and the screen stopped flickering for a few seconds then it went back to flicker... So I tried today for 2hr in a roll and for my surprised MY MI NOTE 10 IS BACK TO NORMAL! NO FLICKERING, NO PROBLEM WITH FINGERPRINT, NO STRIPES ON THE NOTCH, NO BLACK LEFT SIDE... Hope this app can help you the way it did to my Mi Note 10.

- i tried it and the upper right screen on my phone was fixed. i'll continue using it using low light and with finger print. i'll send some updates after a few weeks. also my phone is out of warranty, anyone knows how much it cost to replace the screen if thats the problem?

Starmjs

May 17, 2021
    Any fix? Ive been reading. Says it has to do with update or screen refresh rate.. Help please. the top right area is not showing. Then now screen is flickering. Help pleaseeeee

elaadhn

Jan 1, 2012
    same problem as in video for me too. I found many complaints on this issue in other forums as well.
    it seems like a software issue as everyone say it's after some update.
    tried tips that worked for some with no success -
    deactivate blue light, dc dimming/anti flicker, fingerprint lock, auto brightness, always on display - these help with the flashing and flickering, but the notch area is still messed up and battery is draining very fast.
    will try the tips from the youtube comment.
    if anyone finds a fix, please share, thanks!

EDIT - the youtube fix did not help.

Last edited:

BengCurd

• Jul 16, 2020
    The problem i encounter that bug me for so many months has been resolve randomly. Not very sure what is the cause of the fix but it was definitely not OS update as i did not have any OS update when the fix occurred. It could be one of the system app updated and solve the issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      A few days ago I have encountered the screen flickering. It looks similar to what is being shown on this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvywd5e2G6I&ab_channel=zamoneyOmar

A few days ago I have encountered the screen flickering. It looks similar to what is being shown on this youtube video:

That implies me that flickering caused by the refresh rate, not the dimming.