MI-ROOM MIUI 11 (Android 7.0) by KYBYAK

Search This thread

Sutcliffe9

Mar 13, 2014
Leeds
I have tried multiple times to install this ROM after wiping everything but it just keeps rebooting from boot animation screen. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

amdyss

Jun 15, 2017
Bialystok
I have tried multiple times to install this ROM after wiping everything but it just keeps rebooting from boot animation screen. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
It went smooth for me from the first time. As advised, I changed twrp to 3.2.1 and that's it. I was on ext 4. As phone started booting it was a self reboot and then Rom booted to miui.

Wysłane z mojego Lenovo P2 przy użyciu Tapatalka

P. S. Is there a way to enlarge status bar icons?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sutcliffe9

amdyss

Jun 15, 2017
Bialystok
How to lower percentage of Android System in battery stats? Universal GSM doze doesnt seem to help. It takes about 30%.

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6
Does it wipe internal memory? I'm on AOSIP 10 with ext4 partition not encrypted.

How to lower percentage of Android System in battery stats? Universal GSM doze doesnt seem to help. It takes about 30%.

I think you should not worry about it as long as you are getting a good screen on time with good standby time.
I am getting on average between 11-12 SOT with 2 days of normal usage. I am getting less than this on android 10 roms.
For MIUI, it is normal to see android system consuming lots of battery but it does not mean your phone is capable of getting more battery but MIUI system is not letting you to achieve that.

If you are gaming and running more demanding applications, obviously the battery will drain more quickly.

Remember the battery depends on many factors. For example :

1. If you are in a low reception area, you will get a lower battery. I have seen 20-30% battery reduction due to this if I am travelling.
2. Secondly, if you are browsing on WIFI compared to 4g/ LTE, you will get more battery on WIFI.
3. Your brightness level, casting, bluetooth pairing , NFC, wifi hotspot also play a major role in your battery.

Remember, to compare you will need to check your usage in different roms. NOT yours with other users. Everyone is different. I have like 3-4 hours of whatsapp calls on average with maybe 10 minutes of network calls. I do not listen to music on my phone. Some people listen to 10 -12 hours of music a day. Remember, no two users are the same. Signal receptions are different everywhere.

I have seen people achieving 22 hours of SOT, which is amazing but all they did was watching seasons on after another from their device storage on little brightness and low sound.

Last edited:

werewolf_lido

Jun 26, 2014
downloading themes not working

Is there any fix for "couldn't download:300008" error in themes app

Last edited:

xavicosco

Apr 25, 2020
Is this the latest MIUI ROM? Is there any out there with last Android version? Looking for stability, good battery results and not fancy features. Which one would you recommend me among MIUI, AOSP and Lineage? Thanks

amdyss

Jun 15, 2017
Bialystok
Is this the latest MIUI ROM? Is there any out there with last Android version? Looking for stability, good battery results and not fancy features. Which one would you recommend me among MIUI, AOSP and Lineage? Thanks
For our P2, I think its the latest. Its very good rom, takes some time to fine tune it. But feels smooth with good battery and a lot of miui customization.

Wysłane z mojego SM-J730F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Reactions: Hnk1

Ramesh788

Oct 30, 2017
This is fabulous Rom. But still i can't use snap camera hdr with camera2 api in this rom. I think this rom doesn't support camera2 api. I tried to enable camera2 api with magisk module and build.prop method but after enabling camera2 api snap camera hdr app crashes.

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6
can any one tell me how to fix usb tethering for this rom?? Tethering requires reboot everytime, when i connect to pc.

At the moment, on the MIUI 10 and MIUI 11 firmware (android 7.x) there is no way to run 2API in the same way as Google Camera - except for the MIUI 8.1 and 9.x ports.
Work on this problem is not underway because no one needs MIUI10 or 11.

Reactions: Ramesh788

Ramesh788

Oct 30, 2017
At the moment, on the MIUI 10 and MIUI 11 firmware (android 7.x) there is no way to run 2API in the same way as Google Camera - except for the MIUI 8.1 and 9.x ports.
Work on this problem is not underway because no one needs MIUI10 or 11.

If this problem get solved, I will never go for any other ROM. I like MIUI but I am disappointed with this problem. Enabling camera2 api on MiUI 11 port for lenovo p2 is like cherry on cake.
Can we enable camera2 api on this Port by flashing camera2 api zip through orange fox recovery? But unfortunately orange fox recovery is not supported to lenovo p2

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6
If this problem get solved, I will never go for any other ROM. I like MIUI but I am disappointed with this problem. Enabling camera2 api on MiUI 11 port for lenovo p2 is like cherry on cake.
Can we enable camera2 api on this Port by flashing camera2 api zip through orange fox recovery? But unfortunately orange fox recovery is not supported to lenovo p2

Unfortunately I would not get my hopes high that anyone is or will work on it except maybe few individuals like you.

P2 is already 3 years old now and no one is interested to update MIUI base version from Android 7 to 8 or 9 till now.
The simple reason being developers who can are not interested and people who want can't do it themselves.

P2 is a gem of a device which is still one of the best device to date minus the camera and processor. It's unfortunate but the sad truth that you wouldn't see any more development in MIUI department unless someone is really desperate and can't afford a new device.

Diptam

Aug 21, 2020
Unable to find dark mode

Screenshots

1.jpg

4.jpg

how to get dark theme? was looking for it after flashing the rom, still unable to find it.

Reactions: arassking

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm sharing this ROM. This doesn't belong to me and the credit goes to the developers.
    All credits to @Kybyak for his efforts and work!

ABOUT THE ROM
    Android 7.
    Based on MIUI 11

BUGS & HOW TO FIX THEM:
    *Side button, can be fixed using the p2oggle (HERE)
    *Quick charge
    *Face Unlock
    *System launcher crashes if English is set as default language. Russian, Turkish and others work flawlessly. 'Clearing system launcher does not help. (STABLE VERSION FIXES THIS)
    * Flash light needs to be downloaded from google playstore. Does not work from slide bar.
    (STABLE VERSION HAS BUILT IN TORCH)
    Instructions:

*Use twrp 3.2.1 or equivalent. (TWRP without TREBLE support is needed) Check post 9
    I used this recovery without any issues. It will format everything though.
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261766144

You can use a newer built as well. here
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261766133

*Remember before flashing ROM, everything will be formatted from your internal memory so be careful and make a backup!
    *Download ROM
    * Make Backups
    *Make wipes including system. (your internal memory will be formatted as it does not support )
    *Flash ROM.
    * Magisk is included. You can flash 20.4 over it.
    *gapps included. Do not flash GAPPS.
    * Reboot
    Wait 5 mins.

To enable Navigation bar, download build.prop editor and search "mainkeys". Default is 1. Set it as 0 for navigation bar.
    FP gestures are enabled. You will need to enable fingerprint scanner for it to work!

DOWNLOAD LINK HERE (old version , beta )

STABLE VERSION HERE (newer version, stable)
    MY SMALL REVIEW :

ROM is stable and very fast. I did not see any hangs or delay using nova launcher.
    Battery life is very good.
    Mi account, sync, hidden vaults etc all work flawlessly.
    camera and video works flawlessly (including MI CAMERA)
    Can be used as a daily driver
    Rom boots in 20 seconds after a restart if not earlier.
    Only thing I missed was picture in picture mode.
    All features of MI work flawlessly!
    Screenshots

1.jpg

4.jpg

Unfortunately I would not get my hopes high that anyone is or will work on it except maybe few individuals like you.

P2 is already 3 years old now and no one is interested to update MIUI base version from Android 7 to 8 or 9 till now.
    The simple reason being developers who can are not interested and people who want can't do it themselves.

P2 is a gem of a device which is still one of the best device to date minus the camera and processor. It's unfortunate but the sad truth that you wouldn't see any more development in MIUI department unless someone is really desperate and can't afford a new device.
    Unable to find dark mode

how to get dark theme? was looking for it after flashing the rom, still unable to find it.