Question MI Unlock tool - Checking for security issues, Stuck.

Search This thread

LisKelAlb

May 25, 2018

LisKelAlb:​

Hey, thank you, QR Codes worked for me too!
Now: it says 168 hours, can I do something wrong here which makes the counter start all over again? For example: when I logg in to the Unlock Tool again: does it start all over?
And: why do you write: don´t forget to log of Xiaomi account from that device, what does that mean?
It means if you are logged in there, it will reset the time! Just Log off!!!... and yes you can log off from pc also. No problem. You can relog in after some days using the scanner of your phone again.

LisKelAlb

May 25, 2018
Please how do you scan the qr code? Which app?

My scanner says (scanner doesn't have permission required) please help me with the step u took to unlock urs

Do I need to download scanner?

How will I scan when my phone is off and already in fastboot?
Turn on again, scan and turn off to fastboot. That simple!

FreePeterPan

May 23, 2022
So I tried loging in with the QR code but after doing that I get the message:
"Local verification has been completed, please re-login your account."
Once I do that, I get the wheel of death. So I am stuck again. No idea how to overcome this. Any help?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 62

plerohero

Jan 22, 2011
Once I do that, I get the wheel of death. So I am stuck again. No idea how to overcome this. Any help?
I had the same issue and logged in again via email /pass (not QR code) and it worked. Make sure your xiami account settings have your phone number and sim1 is occupied by it. (Check the device status on your phone)

LisKelAlb

May 25, 2018
Now all you have ti do is to close the tool and run again. Login there using email and password!

Drowwy

Oct 21, 2018
Okay, I got it to work. You need to visit the mi account on the website and add the backup phone number there. Afterwards the log in on the unlock-tool works. The Xiaomi devs should seriously focus more on basic usability instead of their trillion spyware features :/
One more reason to use custom firmware with the awesome devs that support those projects.

Reactions: nooboff

nooboff

Apr 21, 2012
Definitely visit the website. I found it still logged in to an old Xiaomi account - not the same as the phone. Logged out of that, and into the same one as in the phone. Added the new recovery phone number. OTP time again, using email.

By the way, think it's necessary to set up and sync the Find My Phone feature in the phone account, Cloud. Get a green check/tick.

Just waiting for the 24 hour lockout to try again now.

verification

Nov 15, 2016
What worked for me:
Went to account.xiaomi.com, phone number wasn't there, so I tried to add phone number, then it ask again to verify email address by sending code which I didn't receive. I don't know how, but after a while it asked me to verify just by typing account password, so I typed password, and it worked, then I typed my phone number, and then captcha came up, error connecting to capthca, so I kept trying until it worked. Verified phone number by sms. Now, Miflash unlock, email and password, qr code, not working for me, what did work is login with phone number and password, after that unlocking was easy.

lucame

Apr 10, 2011
absolutely incredible, 4 pages thread, months of people having the same problem, me included, and i am logged in on the xiaomi accounts page with phone number etc, and still cant login on MiFlashPro. They make good phones but the rest is garbage. You click on CANNOT RECEIVE VERIFICATION CODE and it open a 404 WEB PAGE... utter trash.

noraj1137

Jan 10, 2019
It's not incredible, Xiaomi don't want the users to unlock their phone since it will be eithopr for flashing another OS or rooting. In both cases they will probably loose their control over the phone. But even if it's hard and terrible it has to be technically possible if they want to sell them else they will have bad reviews.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just click here
    1647103824269.png
    I had the same problem, but logging with qr code worked
    I had to add my phone number by logging into their website and then restarting the tool. it works now without getting stuck (got to the "please wait a stupid amount of time" screen so I assume it works).
    Trying to unlock the Bootloader on my X3 pro. Followed everything step-by-step, but when I open the MI Unlock tool (6.5.224.4) and then try to sign in to my MI account I get asked to verify my account using a SMS text verifications code.

I get sent to the Account Authentication page which you can input the verification code but after a second a 'Checking for security issues..." prompt appears. I never receive the SMS verification code, and the "Checking for security issues..." prompt never goes away.

I am running windows, I did run the app using admin settings, and the device is being properly recognized by the Device Manager. I am not running any sort of VPN. I also tried MI Unlock tool 5.x.

I'm completely stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

mi unlock sec.png
    H
    Hi guys .
    Finally, after many attempts to solve this problem, I was able to find a solution this morning.
    1. use VPN on your mobile phone.

2. There is a QR scan created by Mi Flash Unlock (in PC ) , you should go to your mobile phone > Settings > MI Account > QR Scanner (in the top of the right and top corner of the screen )

3.Scan QR code that created by Mi Flash Unlock (in PC ) from your mobile phone .

4. Now , "checking for security issues ... " appears . But Thanks to the VPN it soon disappears to checking if you are not a robot ( still in your phone ) , you will recieve the text mesages.

4. Enter the text message , the Mi Flash Unlock (in PC ) will logged in .

And you can Unlock your phone , for me It said I should come back 35 hours later .