Mi unlock tool getting the "Please rebind and try again error.". Did somebody encounter this error?

Search This thread

notoriginal10

Feb 2, 2022
Croatia.

"rebind" on EU account.
"168hrs" on US account, will check on Friday as the 168hrs run out.

Same problem from France here.
With a new US account + new SIM card I have to wait 168h again
Tried that yesterday, but the Mi Unlock app is just stuck at the loading circle with my US account. My German account got the error of this very topic.

Well, if this isn't resolved soon, it may make it to the news page.
And if you're reading, Xiaomi, I would act beforehand. Maybe disable the waiting altogether for the time being...?

I have to wonder, are people unlocking their phones really the audience to convince using MIUI by waiting?
I can't come up with arguments for security. People unlocking their bootloader are surely well aware of what they try to accomplish.

Last edited:

Jaki1122

Aug 26, 2015
M. A. R. S
Meizu 16s
Redmi Note 10S
Well I just keep running away from this sh*** excuse of a company but it's plain impossible. I need to install a call recorder for a friend, yet, once AGAIN a billion problems to unlock the f*** bootloader. One would think that having done 8 of these already it should be straight forward but no.... different errors every time, limited ambout of trys (as per, limit amout of times you can use the double factor authentification thing per day), and a process that is just so so tedious.

Well, ANOTHER rebind error from Spain, having waited a little over 168hrs to unlock this one. I used to think Apple was bad... Xiaomi is totally proving me worse is possible, good job there.

Next time I'll try the hammer, I suspect then resoults will be as expected with no weird errors.

cedric3320

Sep 27, 2009
French user
I own 3 miui accounts.
One since 1 year and error please rebind ...
Another created yesterday and error you're not allowed to unlock
And the last created 10 years ago and another error: can't unlock more devices this month ...please try later. I'm waiting since 2 months and still the same 😭😭😭.
This is not the first Xiaomi phone I unlock but never seen this before....I don't understand and I'm really disappointed.

Reactions: duttyend

pdzz

Nov 24, 2021
I'm from germany and have the same issue. I've written to support with log file. I'll post here if they give me new information.

I can understand, that they don't fix their servers if they break over the weekend, but its Tuesday now and something like: "we recognized this as an issue and are looking into it." would probably be greatly appreciated.

Jaki1122

Aug 26, 2015
M. A. R. S
Meizu 16s
Redmi Note 10S
I'm from germany and have the same issue. I've written to support with log file. I'll post here if they give me new information.

I can understand, that they don't fix their servers if they break over the weekend, but its Tuesday now and something like: "we recognized this as an issue and are looking into it." would probably be greatly appreciated.
I don't think you get it... They don't give a sh***. Unlocking any Xiaomi BL has been getting more and more difficult over the years, while MIUI has been more and more littered with bloadtware, ads and other sh**. They clearly don't want you to flash other ROMs, root, etc because that means you can get rid of those ads they get paid over. That also means that your 200 euros phone would last more than two years (seen many MANY Xiaomi phones getting uselessly slow after 2 years working). I'll be willing to say they caused it or just don't plan on fixing it. It's only a matter of time till the US servers also go down, wouldn't be surprised if many who made a new account fail to unlock with the same error within a week.
But hey, check out the new 912849857409825 new model phones they are launching this week

From my side, the solution is simple, no more Xioami, at all, phone, bike, vaccum or whatever. Not a cent for them and then... hope the rest of the industry doesn't move on to do the same (AS IT IS ALREADY HAPPENING).

Reactions: b0li and AlUrNiMa

ninorastaman

Jan 10, 2015
In addition to the fact that it may be a dirty move by Xiaomi (I hope not), we can indicate some key factors in our particular case to draw more conclusions. In my case:

- Newly purchased device, without previous use (RN9Pro).
- From Spain.
- I had already unlocked another Xiaomi with my usual MiAccount. With a new account I haven't been able to either (always EU region)...
- Anything else useful?

If this doesn't get fixed soon, I'm also considering returning my device, I don't want MIUI, it's simple. In my car I can open the hood and also change the wheels, come on!

Reactions: duttyend

Spacepl

Jan 21, 2013
Pleven
Xiaomi Mi 11i
1652789108722.png

Jaki1122

Aug 26, 2015
M. A. R. S
Meizu 16s
Redmi Note 10S
In addition to the fact that it may be a dirty move by Xiaomi (I hope not), we can indicate some key factors in our particular case to draw more conclusions. In my case:

- Newly purchased device, without previous use (RN9Pro).
- From Spain.
- I had already unlocked another Xiaomi with my usual MiAccount. With a new account I haven't been able to either (always EU region)...
- Anything else useful?

If this doesn't get fixed soon, I'm also considering returning my device, I don't want MIUI, it's simple. In my car I can open the hood and also change the wheels, come on!
Plenty of fish in the ocean, run away while you can. Once you get over the software issuses, there's a great chance your hardware will fail as well. In my case, Poco X3 NFC bad camera after 7 months (and I'm not the only one), RN9 bad speaker after 12 months, another RN9 bad loud speaker after 3 months... Out of 7 devices I brought last year, 3 failed in a way or another without any drops / getting wet, etc. Do your math. Oh! and those Poco F1 getting useless after problems with the soldering of the WiFi chip caused crashes on the system after almost 4 years of use...

elchivy

May 15, 2022
hello, i have about 90 hours left, if i try start the unlocking process on the US account while waiting, would that reset the 90 hour timer on my Europe account as well ?
The waiting time is linked to the phone and not the account, each time you link a new account to the phone you get 168h of waiting time.

Someone correct me if im wrong.

Jaki1122

Aug 26, 2015
M. A. R. S
Meizu 16s
Redmi Note 10S
hello, i have about 90 hours left, if i try start the unlocking process on the US account while waiting, would that reset the 90 hour timer on my Europe account as well ?
Reset? Worse than that. First time I tried unlocking over this method, it prompt me to wait 168hrs, so I switched to another account and it gave me 168hrs again. In a dumb move, I chaned my mind yet again and reverted to the original account... now it was 336HRS. So pissed with that is like "we are allowing you to unlock this, be good, follow the rules or else we punish you". Seems they don't get I, just like you, are PAYING customers but still they seem to believe they are superior to you, so better say thanks to them (or send them to hell, as you prefer).

So yes, changing the account not only resets your other wait time but it could double just because you weren't faithful enough to your new owner Xiaomi and have been naughty.

Hope that clears your question.

Jaki1122

Aug 26, 2015
M. A. R. S
Meizu 16s
Redmi Note 10S
The waiting time is linked to the phone and not the account, each time you link a new account to the phone you get 168h of waiting time.

Someone correct me if im wrong.
Is linked to both the phone and the account. Each account has a limit on how many phones you can unlock per month.
If you change the account, wait time resets more often than not. Yes, some users report changing to a US account and having no wait time, but that seems to be a minority and it's not my case.
In my case, changing the account a 3rd time to the 1st one I put, caused the counter to reset and DOUBLE.

Now, waiting the whole time, and then putting that account in ANOTHER phone causes the counter to reset as well, now you can't unlock either phone. Moreover you may get an error and prompt you to wait a MONTH because you exceeded the amount of phones you can unlock with one account.

So yes, linked to the Account AND the phone.
And I thought Apple was bad... at least they straight up tell you they only care about your money.

pdzz

Nov 24, 2021
I don't think you get it... They don't give a sh***. Unlocking any Xiaomi BL has been getting more and more difficult over the years, while MIUI has been more and more littered with bloadtware, ads and other sh**. They clearly don't want you to flash other ROMs, root, etc because that means you can get rid of those ads they get paid over. That also means that your 200 euros phone would last more than two years (seen many MANY Xiaomi phones getting uselessly slow after 2 years working). I'll be willing to say they caused it or just don't plan on fixing it. It's only a matter of time till the US servers also go down, wouldn't be surprised if many who made a new account fail to unlock with the same error within a week.
But hey, check out the new 912849857409825 new model phones they are launching this week

From my side, the solution is simple, no more Xioami, at all, phone, bike, vaccum or whatever. Not a cent for them and then... hope the rest of the industry doesn't move on to do the same (AS IT IS ALREADY HAPPENING).
What are alternative cheap phones with a good community behind it? If this is not fixed by next week, I will send my phone back and get another brand.
Edit: OnePlus Nord CE 2?

Last edited:

muzzy1513

May 17, 2022
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
xiaomi still haven't said anything ? not sure what to do. either continue waiting on this EU account for the next 90 hours and hope it's fixed by then. or i can start the 168 hour period on a US account and hope that works

Stanislav GE

May 3, 2014
xiaomi still haven't said anything ? not sure what to do. either continue waiting on this EU account for the next 90 hours and hope it's fixed by then. or i can start the 168 hour period on a US account and hope that works
If you see hours left then you should just wait and unlock should work. If you see "rebind and try again", then waiting won't help, actions are needed.

Reactions: muzzy1513

PequeX

May 13, 2022
I also tried to post in the forum (Xiaomi Community). Even though I am logged in when writing the new thread, when I click "post", I get an error stating that I need to log in before posting...

Screenshot from 2022-05-17 13-53-35.png

They may have their authentication servers broken. The problem is that in this way, it seems we won't be able to report the issue in the forum. 😅

Or has someone successfully posted a thread about this in the forum?

Last edited:
Reactions: notoriginal10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    redmi note 9 pro global unlocked successfully after 168h with US account
    Capture.PNG
    about:blank
    After many tries with modified unlockers, VPN and so on I was finally able to unlock my mi 9t pro with a german number&sim. I created a new US Mi-Account and added my phone there. Then I was able to unlock it with the current unlock tool. No VPN, no modifications, no waiting for days.
    Given the number of various bugs on mi.com and Xiaomi ecosystem, espacially on auth system, I would advise to wait for a reaction on Xiaomi behalf before convincing ourselves of a voluntary change in policy, preventing EU users of unlocking bootloader.

It's been a week, it's frustrating, but as of now, it's pure speculation (and fear) to suspect a deliberate move.

Let's keep checking, trying, and most important, reporting+++ on mi.com.

An article from @xda would help, as we - as simple users - have no way of questioning Xiaomi directly.
    means they're working on it
    i hope so. they emailed me this

'Thank you so much for notifying us about the issue. Regarding to your issue, we already sent this to our relevant team to get a resolution. Once we have an update we will contact you immediately.'
    Can we spam Xiaomi through its rrss or some support chat? If we use a similar speech we may attract attention. It would be helpful if the media talked about this problem.

Thanks to those who tried some solutions. Do we confirm that it happens from Europe only? I am from Spain. Yesterday I got tired of trying.