Mi unlock tool getting the "Please rebind and try again error.". Did somebody encounter this error?

Search This thread

ninorastaman

Jan 10, 2015
An article that gives us visibility not only help us, it would also be a warning to those who have already unlocked the bootloader and decide to lock it again (yes, sometimes people do).

Reactions: duttyend and 1695
Feb 29, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 11i
22 pages of forum and nothing guys we are always at same point. ****, what could we do?
I think they will not solve: it isn't an error, they don't want us to unlock devices any more 🥲.

Just a thing all of us has a newer mi phone this or last year, what about older phones??

arveex

May 18, 2022
Looks like you can buy credits here : https://gsmserver.com/xiaomi-pro-tool-server-credits/
But registration is mandatory, and is said to be disabled... You might check the tools Telegram feed.

+ there is a trojan and a backdoor packed with the tool, even if it's could be "normal" given the way the tool works. I would advise to use a VM to launch the tool and try registration. If you manage to get registration work and credits, who knows, it could work. But the tool might fail in VM due to the virtual USB drivers (can't say for sure without trying).
Thanks!

Meanwhile however, I chatted on Telegram with a guy who wanted to sell me credit, he thought I want to unlock the screen (forgotten PIN or something). When I told him I want to unlock the bootloader, he said that xiaomiprotool doesn't work for my RN10pro, only for older models (he said there's no other working tool for my phone other than the official one). He didn't try to scam me, I didn't pay anything.

Mar 26, 2011
Thanks!

Meanwhile however, I chatted on Telegram with a guy who wanted to sell me credit, he thought I want to unlock the screen (forgotten PIN or something). When I told him I want to unlock the bootloader, he said that xiaomiprotool doesn't work for my RN10pro, only for older models (he said there's no other working tool for my phone other than the official one). He didn't try to scam me, I didn't pay anything.
Yup, see my edited post anyway (Mediatek unlock only for recent phones). Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: duttyend

patrickvh

Apr 17, 2005
Can confirm this.
In a VM installed ADB and filter driver.
Can run the tool, can create account, can login and device (mine is Poco F3) is connected.
There is however no option for Unlock Bootloader Snapdragon.
Only for Mediatek.

And no, "Do Job" under the Unlock Bootloader of Mediatek does not work either.

XiaomiProTool.png

Can confirm this.
Can run the tool, can create account, can login and device (mine is Poco F3) is connected.
Only for Mediatek.

View attachment 5618167
Hello Patrick,

My Reply is for aqwxsz21 and he is asking for Xiaomi Tool V2. It is not the same application as the one shown in your capture (Xiaomi Pro tool).

Also neither of them work. :(

treves1

May 19, 2022
Hello guys
if it can help my unlock setup is:

nordvpn us ip (california)

new mi account (us region) with new gmail associated

new dedicated number associated with american (california) prefix (rented on blacktel.io, 10 $ month)

latest version miflash unlock 6.5.406.31

xiaomi mi 11 lite 5g

I got a 168 hour countdown (in this moment 166)

The only difference is that maybe I'm the first one in here to have used a US phone number.

If it works or not I will report it at the end of the countdown

Mar 26, 2011
Can confirm this.
Only for Mediatek.

View attachment 5618167
Same as described in my post, sadly.

By the way, I took the liberty of using XDA's "Suggest content" page. I sent the following text :
Hi,

First of all, thanks for XDA and its forums, which has been a fascinating place for years now.

About our "tip" :
For more than a week now, every european Xiaomi users have been unable to unlock their bootloader. US users still appear to be able to do so, and Indian/CN user probably can too (unverified).
When trying to unlock from EU region, the official tool gives a "Rebind account and retry" to every EU user.
There is a 22 pages discussion on XDA, growing every minutes. You can also finds posts about it on mi.com and Reddit.
As you can imagine, XDA users tried a lot of things to get it to work (VPN, hosts file modification, hex-edition of the tool...).

As of now, we couldn't find any viable solution (beside creating a new US account, for those who can), nor get Xiaomi to react. Tech support ignores reports or simply says that "unlocking is dangerous and not recommended".

As you previously covered Xiaomi's policy about bootloader unlocking in your articles, we were wondering if you had any information on this issue. Is this a "simple" bug (impacting not less than a whole continent...) or a change in policy ? Is Xiaomi aware of it ?

Thank you for your time and any information/coverage you could give us.
Please note that English isn't my native language, this text can be a bit verbose and contains little mistakes. Hope the general idea is here, though.

muzzy1513

May 17, 2022
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
not sure what to do. 45 hours remaining for me to unlock bootloader on my EU account. but not sure if there's even a point waiting the 45 hours when im gonna get rebind error anyway...

my phone number is only on one MI account so maybe best to just make a US account now...

aqwxsz21

May 16, 2022
not sure what to do. 45 hours remaining for me to unlock bootloader on my EU account. but not sure if there's even a point waiting the 45 hours when im gonna get rebind error anyway...

my phone number is only on one MI account so maybe best to just make a US account now...
mine is monday and i can't bind more account to my sim so i'll just wait and hope that its fixed

ninorastaman

Jan 10, 2015
Just a thing all of us has a newer mi phone this or last year, what about older phones??
It would be very interesting to know that and other details. Such as the usage time of the device or if it has not been used at all. For example, in my case I wanted to unlock it within two days of purchase (new).

I will continue reading you guys. I haven't been able to test anything for days, I don't have a device with me.

angrigo

May 13, 2022
It would be very interesting to know that and other details. Such as the usage time of the device or if it has not been used at all. For example, in my case I wanted to unlock it within two days of purchase (new).

I will continue reading you guys. I haven't been able to test anything for days, I don't have a device with me.
in my case

device: poco f3, second hand
sim: old, registered on rn7 already unlocked

The device was factory resetted and now I am using it with MIUI, looking for unlocking.

lakyman

Aug 25, 2008
Montpellier
i thought that it was just me but everone experiencing the same thing ! The only thing that keeps me buying mi devices it's the fact that the bootloader can be unlocked easily ! If this is not the case anymore i will clearly change brands !

noxxio

Feb 4, 2009
Karlsruhe
hmm ok, today I get a new message.
I haven't changed it since last Sunday :D

I get the same message in the settings on the phone when I try to add the account and device again in the developer options

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    redmi note 9 pro global unlocked successfully after 168h with US account
    Capture.PNG
    about:blank
    After many tries with modified unlockers, VPN and so on I was finally able to unlock my mi 9t pro with a german number&sim. I created a new US Mi-Account and added my phone there. Then I was able to unlock it with the current unlock tool. No VPN, no modifications, no waiting for days.
    Given the number of various bugs on mi.com and Xiaomi ecosystem, espacially on auth system, I would advise to wait for a reaction on Xiaomi behalf before convincing ourselves of a voluntary change in policy, preventing EU users of unlocking bootloader.

It's been a week, it's frustrating, but as of now, it's pure speculation (and fear) to suspect a deliberate move.

Let's keep checking, trying, and most important, reporting+++ on mi.com.

An article from @xda would help, as we - as simple users - have no way of questioning Xiaomi directly.
    means they're working on it
    i hope so. they emailed me this

'Thank you so much for notifying us about the issue. Regarding to your issue, we already sent this to our relevant team to get a resolution. Once we have an update we will contact you immediately.'
    Can we spam Xiaomi through its rrss or some support chat? If we use a similar speech we may attract attention. It would be helpful if the media talked about this problem.

Thanks to those who tried some solutions. Do we confirm that it happens from Europe only? I am from Spain. Yesterday I got tired of trying.